• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

jem0208

I do feel kinda sorry for Ninja, he brought two orgs to the game (C9 and Liquid) and both of them have dropped him.

He's been playing seriously well in H5 as well...

That said apparently NinjatheDogg duo is back which is fucking awesome. I love those two together.

He must be tough to get along with. Watching last weekend's game from his stream, there were several times after a loss the team would be discussing what went wrong and ninja would just shut conversation down out of frustration. I still like him as a personality and he's a damn good player. I'd like to see him do well in hcs and with a new team.

What this isn't true at all. Ninja was the only one who would actually take responsibility for any mistakes.

Glass

I hope we get team skins for weapons. They wouldn't be player specific, so roster changes wouldn't matter. It'd be another way to engage players who haven't dipped into the HCS side of things yet, and having them in game would be this constant presence and visibility for events. I'd sink some dosh on them anyway.

The X Games tournament mentioned, is that as in the extreme sports one? I begrudgingly watched it when I was younger, I was a rollerblader and it never got any love there, despite obviously being better then skateboarding.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
What this isn't true at all. Ninja was the only one who would actually take responsibility for any mistakes.

while that is true he also DID shut down all other voices by repeating "drop it" over their conversation

E92 M3

Yeah I want Ninja and his band of misfits to beat Liquid.

Although overall I'm still rooting for both EG and Allegiance because Snipedown and Naded respectively are really adorable :3

EG is my main team - simply because Roy and Snipe are some of my favorite players. Roy especially.

Strider

I think throwing shade at the other Liquid players is in poor taste. We have no idea what went on behind the scenes and player skill is just one of a few things to look for in a teammate...

In the end it'll probably work out better for Ninja anyway. I'd be willing to bet his new team is superior... It was clear the old Liquid roster wasn't gonna win shit.

Tbh Ninja was probably trying to replace a member or two himself which ultimately was the reason he got dropped (because those 2-3 wanted to stick together). Since beating EG early on in Halo 5's life they haven't seemed to improve at all and several teams have surpassed them....

I was rooting for Leftovers already though and I still will. Ninja + Spartan
goodjob.gif

EG is my main team - simply because Roy and Snipe are some of my favorite players. Roy especially.

Yeah I love them boys - especially Eric & Roy.

Strange, strange, strange decision to drop Ninja from Liquid.

As others have said, he was kind of representative of TL to me.

I'm not the biggest fan of his persona [per se], but there was no questioning his skills and what he brought to the team as a whole.

Trup1aya

Yeah, EG has been my main team because of these two, especially Roy...

I get a kick out of watching him interact with his fans...

But Frosty spent so much time going HAM last weekend that I might have to jump ship...

jem0208

while that is true he also DID shut down all other voices by repeating "drop it" over their conversation

That's because the only conversations we got to see were those halfway through a scrim. He was saying drop it because they needed to focus on the next match, not how they fucked up the previous one.

Ryde3

Hey guys, I see people talking about they 'finished' their bronze/silver/gold REQ packs... what are you referring to when you say that and how can I check my own progress?

Fotos

Hey guys, I see people talking about they 'finished' their bronze/silver/gold REQ packs... what are you referring to when you say that and how can I check my own progress?

When you finish a pack tier you will start getting RP returns in the packs instead of permanent items like skins or armor. Once that happens you move up to the next pack

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
That's because the only conversations we got to see were those halfway through a scrim. He was saying drop it because they needed to focus on the next match, not how they fucked up the previous one.

I like ninja. He's a great player, a good personality, and seems for the most part to be a good team player (like you pointed out). However, its pretty fucking rude to shut down conversation by basically talking over people with "shut up". It's rude and disrespectful. Of course we are all flawed and I may be reading too much into it, but he came off as a bit of a dick in this instance. That's all I'm saying.

I don't know the pros very well, but I really like the was Naded plays... He's my favorite player to watch.

He would be the dominant player in any team.

He might be a wanker for all I know, I just like how he plays.

Now... Fix your servers MS, I wanna play!!

Strider

Some req packs only contain a certain rarity of card... Bronze packs contain common and uncommon Reqs. Silver packs contain common, uncommon, and rare reqs. Gold packs contain common, uncommon, rare, ultra rare, and Legendary reqs.

So if you're goal is to unlock all the reqs as effeciently as possible you should open Bronze packs until you unlock all common and uncommon reqs. Then unlock Silver packs until you unlock all the rare reqs. Then gold after that. To "finish" a tier of req pack means to unlock all the reqs that can possibly drop in that tier.

You want to "finish" a tier so when you go up a tier you can only unlock the higher end reqs of that tier. For example if you open a gold pack for 10k and you still have common reqs that you have not unlocked you risk unlocking the common req in the gold pack... So you essentially spent 10k gold for an item you could have gotten with 1.25k gold.

You can check all the reqs you own, sorted by rarity, on Waypoint. The game will also let you know you've completed a tier by giving you req point returns in a pack instead of req unlocks.

I hope we get team skins for weapons. They wouldn't be player specific, so roster changes wouldn't matter. It'd be another way to engage players who haven't dipped into the HCS side of things yet, and having them in game would be this constant presence and visibility for events. I'd sink some dosh on them anyway.

The X Games tournament mentioned, is that as in the extreme sports one? I begrudgingly watched it when I was younger, I was a rollerblader and it never got any love there, despite obviously being better then skateboarding.

9/10 trolling effort.

Glass

It's basically a way of efficiently unlocking items. You could spend 10k to buy a gold pack, only to get an item you could have got in a silver pack, since rare quality items appear in both packs. And you're going to get alot more of those rares then you are ultra rares or legendaries since theyre more common. So to make sure you get the most bang for your rp buck, 'complete' a pack and then move up to gold.
Edit:what they said

BizzyBum

Yeah, isn't CLG the top team for Halo 5 right now, why on earth would they break up the team? If they did musta had some bad shit go down behind the scenes.

Madness

I do feel kinda sorry for Ninja, he brought two orgs to the game (C9 and Liquid) and both of them have dropped him.

This is the biggest wtf too. Ninja is the most popular streamer (Snipedown is doing well recently though), brings two eSports into Halo and then gets dropped from both. But viewers and popularity don't also translate to being a good teammate, but the crazy thing is, he was probably one of the better, if not the best Liquid players.

Ryde3

When you finish a pack tier you will start getting RP returns in the packs instead of permanent items like skins or armor. Once that happens you move up to the next pack

Some req packs only contain a certain rarity of card... Bronze packs contain common and uncommon Reqs. Silver packs contain common, uncommon, and rare reqs. Gold packs contain common, uncommon, rare, ultra rare, and Legendary reqs.

So if you're goal is to unlock all the reqs as effeciently as possible you should open Bronze packs until you unlock all common and uncommon reqs. Then unlock Silver packs until you unlock all the rare reqs. Then gold after that. To "finish" a tier of req pack means to unlock all the reqs that can possibly drop in that tier.

You want to "finish" a tier so when you go up a tier you can only unlock the higher end reqs of that tier. For example if you open a gold pack for 10k and you still have common reqs that you have not unlocked you risk unlocking the common req in the gold pack... So you essentially spent 10k gold for an item you could have gotten with 1.25k gold.

You can check all the reqs you own, sorted by rarity, on Waypoint. The game will also let you know you've completed a tier by giving you req point returns in a pack instead of req unlocks.

It's basically a way of efficiently unlocking items. You could spend 10k to buy a gold pack, only to get an item you could have got in a silver pack, since rare quality items appear in both packs. And you're going to get alot more of those rares then you are ultra rares or legendaries since theyre more common. So to make sure you get the most bang for your rp buck, 'complete' a pack and then move up to gold.
Edit:what they said

Thanks for the detailed replies guys, I totally get it. Going to hop off to waypoint and check out my progress - I def wasted some REQ points and $ lol!

Ryde3

Actually second question about the REQs, does that mean you don't get repeats for permanent items like armor/skins/assassinations/stances/etc?

jem0208

This is the biggest wtf too. Ninja is the most popular streamer (Snipedown is doing well recently though), brings two eSports into Halo and then gets dropped from both. But viewers and popularity don't also translate to being a good teammate, but the crazy thing is, he was probably one of the better, if not the best Liquid players.

I can kinda understand with C9, Ninja wasn't the best player ever at H2A (although he was still damn good) but in H5 he is damn good. I think the problem was that he was quite often at odds with Ace who was the captain (not sure why Ace was captain, maybe part of the Liquid contract).

LMAO. I'm sorry I'm need see full details.
Ask and you shall receive:

Who is he? A lurker?

Edit: LOL it looks like he created that tag to just talk shit to you!!

I was having a discussion about the campaign on beyond and he messaged me out of nowhere.

He didn't make it just for me, he's sent a few other fairly hilarious messages to people who were being positive about H5 before. I have a feeling I know who it is, he shitposts constantly.

E92 M3

Yeah I love them boys - especially Eric & Roy.

Strange, strange, strange decision to drop Ninja from Liquid.

As others have said, he was kind of representative of TL to me.

I'm not the biggest fan of his persona [per se], but there was no questioning his skills and what he brought to the team as a whole.

Never got the hate for Ninja that some people exemplify through various shit posts.

Yeah, EG has been my main team because of these two, especially Roy...

I get a kick out of watching him interact with his fans...

But Frosty spent so much time going HAM last weekend that I might have to jump ship...

Does Frosty stream? He seems to be a big name nowadays.

Trup1aya

Never got the hate for Ninja that some people exemplify through various shit posts.

Does Frosty stream? He seems to be a big name nowadays.

I honestly don't know. If I found out he did, I would be glued to it... The he really made some good players look like trash this past weekend.

I'm relatively new to this whole twitch/pro gaming thing. I've kinda known who Snipedown was since forever... So, he was the first person I followed on twitch. Then he hosted Roy, and I started following a bunch of other people based of their comment sections...

Haven't come across any CLG folks yet...

E92 M3

I believe that's it.

I honestly don't know. If I found out he did, I would be glued to it... The he really made some good players look like trash this past weekend.

I'm relatively new to this whole twitch/pro gaming thing. I've kinda known who Snipedown was since forever... So, he was the first person I followed on twitch. Then he hosted Roy, and I started following a bunch of other people based of their comment sections...

Haven't come across any CLG folks yet...

Royal 2 streams from CLG and Ogre used to.

Strider

SnakeBite from CLG streams but not too often... I played against him once when he was streaming. He carried his team so hard it was nuts. Think he dropped 30 kills in slayer and they still barely won...

Really small sample size of course but of the pros I've played against in H5 he was the best... Came away from that game thinking "Yep. That guy is way better than me" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom