• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Ramirez

I didn't personally look, but someone mentioned that we're struggling like crazy with assassinations and SC lol.

We are, but I feel those commendation numbers are ridiculous TBH. I could play all night and maybe manage one assassination and one SC even if I'm actively trying to get them, lol.

It's too easy to accidentally assassinate :'(

So what? No one here is playing for millions, just do them.

I watched a clip of Ram not assassinating someone. Impeach.

receipts.gif

Sometimes it won't do it because of the area you're located in, it's weird.

Ryde3

so would my overall kills and other stuff contribute or would it only count what i do after i join?

Just joined the illustrious HaloGAF moments ago!!! and was about to ask this also.

I guess that means I don't get the previous goodies either huh? haha

Excited to have joined guys, I'll be on tonight kicking ass - can someone fill me in on the commendations everyone's focusing on right now? (and perhaps maybe a link to a resource that explains everything Spartan Companies related.)

Thanks!!!

I think it is kind of sad they literally copied and pasted armories and bases instead of making each map even more unique to reflect the map theme.

factory
spire
monument

^NOT ENOUGH ;P

BraXzy

Excited to have joined guys, I'll be on tonight kicking ass - can someone fill me in on the commendations everyone's focusing on right now? (and perhaps maybe a link to a resource that explains everything Spartan Companies related.)

Thanks!!!

There's a link to the main Spartan Company page in the OP but here's a link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/spartan-companies

Here are our Spartan Commendations: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...x-one/commendations/spartan-companies/halogaf

We're currently trying to get all Kill commendations to Level 4 (Complete Level 3).

Trup1aya

No, Rank 3 must be completed, not started, lol.

As I've said, SC & Assassinations will be the hold up, if you have Assassinations turned off, just do me a favor and remove yourself from the SC, thanks. ;P

They need to allow us to turn off back smacks... Half the time I go in for an assassination I choke and do a melee.

Don't worry I make up for it with an exceptional amount of noob combos, close calls and reversals.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
if you have Assassinations turned off, just do me a favor and remove yourself from the SC, thanks. ;P

They need to allow us to turn off back smacks... Half the time I go in for an assassination I choke and do a melee.

Don't worry I make up for it with an exceptional amount of noob combos, close calls and reversals.

i thought the back smack gave you the same medal and counted towards that commendation?

link1201

Won't happen. The generic bases would stick out like a sore thumb
sI5Hota.jpg

Sad...but true until proven otherwise :(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
The heel turn!

I got ground pounds on lock boys

Just hope we get the set before the division comes out cause I'm gonna sock that game hard

lets round up all the gaffers complaining about the over powered spartan charge... and scour their game history to invite the guys REQing them with it

:)

Haruko

If they raise the cap, they'd probably raise the commendations as well.

Perhaps, but I think the 4/5 tier of the commendations is hard enough to warrant doubling company sizes and still feel appropriate.

They could always add levels beyond 5 too

BraXzy

I've complained about spartan charges being op before but now we need them I can't pull any off.

Worst player confirmed. They aren't that OP imo, they just suck when someone pulls them off on you, it wouldn't be much different to them sprinting the gap and punching.

link1201

How does one go about finding the total amount of Spartan Charges one has? I have the commendation complete but I'm curious what my total is.

BraXzy

How does one go about finding the total amount of Spartan Charges one has? I have the commendation complete but I'm curious what my total is.

Your best bet is to probably search your tag on HaloTracker.com

Spartan Charge kills should be in there somewhere.

Glass

Worst player confirmed. They aren't that OP imo, they just suck when someone pulls them off on you, it wouldn't be much different to them sprinting the gap and punching.

Hadn't played for 5 days and returning tonight, can confirm I am the worst player. Least I wasn't kicked from the company!

mo60

I need to start working on my ground pounds and assassinations during the one week break I have coming up. I have yet to pass level 2 on my personal commendations for both. At the rate I'm getting assassinations and ground pounds it will take until sometime next year to finish both commendations.

Top Bottom