• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

I have got to get the fuck out of plat. I don't know the matchmaking algorithm, but my plat teammates are TRASH 90% of the time. Who doesn't understand that you want to go for and control rockets on Eden? Who ignores overshield on regret? My plat teammates every fucking game.

Hop on gaffers before I hurt myself
It's mysterious that anyone who is still playing at this point and decent enough to be in plat, don't understand the importance of controlling powerups and power weapons.

Every time I don't see a teammate rushing overshield on Empire with me, I die a little inside.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
You should still get the items in my experience

Rebooted and RP was never spent. Purchase went thru fine, better actually as now I'm onto GOLD BABY!!!

It's mysterious that anyone who is still playing at this point and decent enough to be in plat, don't understand the importance of controlling powerups and power weapons.

Every time I don't see a teammate rushing overshield on Empire with me, I die a little inside.

Crazy. Crazy frustrating. Total lack of awareness when it comes to defending and backing up teammates too. Ugh. I really want to get some people together to get me to diamond, in my head at least running solo the population should be smarter.

?

BraXzy

How is it?

I only started it but so far it has been real good. It's got a lot of walking and exploring but with (imo) well written dialogue and interesting characters. It's super believable more than anything, it feels like a real place with real people in it and you're really in there. Recommended if you think you might remotely like it.

Oh and it is gorgeous as hell thanks to the art direction of Olly Moss.

Trup1aya

Rebooted and RP was never spent. Purchase went thru fine, better actually as now I'm onto GOLD BABY!!!

Crazy. Crazy frustrating. Total lack of awareness when it comes to defending and backing up teammates too. Ugh. I really want to get some people together to get me to diamond, in my head at least running solo the population should be smarter.

?

For me, getting our of platinum meant making callouts to a bunch of people who never responded, but often took my suggestions.

I basically kept track of all the spawn timers and blurted out useful info hoping people would latch on.

Some people would turn their mics on and thank me because they had no idea how the timers worked or how to guess where enemies would spawn.

I only started it but so far it has been real good. It's got a lot of walking and exploring but with (imo) well written dialogue and interesting characters. It's super believable more than anything, it feels like a real place with real people in it and you're really in there. Recommended if you think you might remotely like it.

Oh and it is gorgeous as hell thanks to the art direction of Olly Moss.
Nice. I'll probably pick it up when it's on a sale.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I love Firewatch; dialogue is fantastic.
I want to play this badly. Love the setup and setting so much. I've spent many days staying at retired lookouts (and a few active out of season on the porch in a sleeping bag!)

BraXzy

I love Firewatch; dialogue is fantastic.

After recently playing Oxenfree and having issues with the way dialogue worked, the dialogue and how it is done in this is brilliant.

Nice. I'll probably pick it up when it's on a sale.

Honestly it's not too badly priced if you haven't checked, and it is 10% off atm, worth a look.

Might be time for some Halo tomorrow once I finish Firewatch, getting that itch to pew pew :D

Tawpgun

So just solo q'd warzone.

Was noctus, people had mics. Things were looking good.

Then we somehow got triple capped before I even got to 3 req energy. Then we got farmed for kills. People on the other team had Halo 2 BR's within 4 minutes into the game.

After recently playing Oxenfree and having issues with the way dialogue worked, the dialogue and how it is done in this is brilliant.

Honestly it's not too badly priced if you haven't checked, and it is 10% off atm, worth a look.

Might be time for some Halo tomorrow once I finish Firewatch, getting that itch to pew pew :D
Ahh, didn't even look it up when I posted that.

Mix

Had a really good game with Zoojoo and Gringo earlier. Had both of our randoms quit pretty early on, then went ham.

Game ended 49-48 and I went 21 and 11.

BraXzy

I think I've asked this before but would anyone be interested in a slightly discounted Premium Warzone REQ bundle? I keep seeing limited edition Halo 5's at reasonable prices but I'm only after the steelbook and such.

Today I finally got the dmr for warzone, only took me 55 levels and a whole bunch of silver req packs. also finally got to diamond rank in team arena, was stuck on an endless cycle of win 1 lose 1 while being on platinum 6. It was probably the most infuriating thing in the world, almost lost the final match too due to a case of the other team coming back. Overall a good day in the halo. Not too much lag though today but the past couple days it was rough but that might of been because where I live it was storming pretty bad.

im_dany

I think I've asked this before but would anyone be interested in a slightly discounted Premium Warzone REQ bundle? I keep seeing limited edition Halo 5's at reasonable prices but I'm only after the steelbook and such.

If only we could get more than one... :(

A Warzone bundle right now that I've finished SIlvers would be great for me, but i wasted mine at the start lol

BraXzy

If only we could get more than one... :(

A Warzone bundle right now that I've finished SIlvers would be great for me, but i wasted mine at the start lol

Tell me about it. It's interesting that they chose to make it a single time thing. I suppose it pushes you towards those big enticing gold bundles.

Arena REQ bundle real soon though!

The rumours are true: 343 employees are awful lol. For context, this was after the first two bases got captured in warzone assault.

Screenshot-Original.png

In an unrelated match, I had this warzone game where we lost trying to defend the core even though the time reached 00:00. Pay attention to the clock. Talk about a buzzer beater:

http://xboxclips.com/BluePhazon1337/4fdbac09-0e36-4fbf-9893-6ce52dab78af

Madness

The rumours are true: 343 employees are awful lol. For context, this was after the first two bases got captured in warzone assault.

In an unrelated match, I had this warzone game where we lost trying to defend the core even though the time reached 00:00. Pay attention to the clock. Talk about a buzzer beater:

http://xboxclips.com/BluePhazon1337/4fdbac09-0e36-4fbf-9893-6ce52dab78af

I thonk sometimes they just test. I played against Quinn once who just idled or barely played and then went like 3-1. I wish more of 343 played and that the pro team streamed more.

After 25 minutes of suicide... I've finally managed to successfully land the fathom top mid jump 90% of the time...

Any pro teams wanna sign me?

I still can't execute that consistently lol, half of the time I just slip off that little platform and the second jump doesn't register like at all.

For me, getting our of platinum meant making callouts to a bunch of people who never responded, but often took my suggestions.

I basically kept track of all the spawn timers and blurted out useful info hoping people would latch on.

Some people would turn their mics on and thank me because they had no idea how the timers worked or how to guess where enemies would spawn.

For me callouts in solo was never an option since there are people from China, Japan, Korea and sometimes odd Aussies so there isn't even a universal language to do callouts in lol.

So just solo q'd warzone.

Was noctus, people had mics. Things were looking good.

Then we somehow got triple capped before I even got to 3 req energy. Then we got farmed for kills. People on the other team had Halo 2 BR's within 4 minutes into the game.

I swear randoms with mics are more likely to be bad in Halo 5.

Everytime my random teammates have mics I think we'll have a chance and then we always proceed to get dumped on in the worst way.

jfoul

Gotta love farm groups in WZ Assault. I got matched against these guys (Rippin and uh Tearin) three times in a row while solo matchmaking. I usually just sit back and take my open shots, try not to die much, and be annoying. Killed a couple that had Mythic weapons, which obviously pissed them off because I got messages afterwards. I was able to even sneak up on one of their snipers with active camo and add to the SR assassination commendation.

It's like these dudes stepped out of a time capsule from 2007.

Awesome dude #1

Awesome dude #2

Trup1aya

Today I finally got the dmr for warzone, only took me 55 levels and a whole bunch of silver req packs. also finally got to diamond rank in team arena, was stuck on an endless cycle of win 1 lose 1 while being on platinum 6. It was probably the most infuriating thing in the world, almost lost the final match too due to a case of the other team coming back. Overall a good day in the halo. Not too much lag though today but the past couple days it was rough but that might of been because where I live it was storming pretty bad.

Only 55 levels? I'm jealous!

Trup1aya

I still can't execute that consistently lol, half of the time I just slip off that little platform and the second jump doesn't register like at all.

Make sure you are crouch jumping. For me it's easiest to just press and hold the jump and crouch button simultaneously.

Now, I don't know if this makes sense but you've gotta be pressing your Spartan up against the wall. Like you should literally be hold your left stick to the left as you land. Don't aim for the platform aim to hit the wall.

Then, just as you hit the wall, realease the jump and crouch button. You'll here the sound of your feet landing on solid ground. That's when you jump again.

For me callouts in solo was never an option since there are people from China, Japan, Korea and sometimes odd Aussies so there isn't even a universal language to do callouts in lol.

Ouch. Well, Platinum is fun too.

Detective

Man..played against onyx because my friends who I partied with was that too. I got thrown around lol.
I wasn't frustrated at all. I got outclassed simply because they were better. No other game can give you that satisfying feel even if losing. Halo FTW

On the other hand, got my new card. What do you think guys? :p

2016-02-10_12.23.37.jpg

See 343, we support you everywhere, throw us something here. Some code or whatever Frankie :D

singhr1

I thonk sometimes they just test. I played against Quinn once who just idled or barely played and then went like 3-1. I wish more of 343 played and that the pro team streamed more.

They probably play in their internal testing environments more than on live servers. The pro team should definitely stream more though in their free time. Neighbor does occasionally but haven't seen much from the others.

Fuchsdh

How is it?

Posted spoilerly thoughts in the OT, but the main complaint with it is its gameplay is far shallower than I expected (I dunno, was expecting a puzzle or two, or some real use of the objects you could gather) and that despite a promising first act and great performances, the ending falls flat for me.

I enjoyed playing it, but I don't see myself returning to it again in the future. It's weird how Gone Home seems to be inspiring it's own 2010 versions of Myst clones, though.

In Halo news, it's strange that the elevator sequence on The Oracle is actually a cakewalk on Legendary, compared to the other frustrations I've had with H2A on that difficulty...

Gotta love farm groups in WZ Assault. I got matched against these guys (Rippin and uh Tearin) three times in a row while solo matchmaking. I usually just sit back and take my open shots, try not to die much, and be annoying. Killed a couple that had Mythic weapons, which obviously pissed them off because I got messages afterwards. I was able to even sneak up on one of their snipers with active camo and add to the SR assassination commendation.

Awesome dude #1

Awesome dude #2
I respect you for handling that situation so well because if that was me I would of blown up on them and probably quit on warzone assault altogether. hate people like that then act like they are doing nothing wrong but its your fault for letting it happen.
sucks to start hearing occasions like this happen because of how terribly people will exploit things to obtain something, I mean me and my group are forever away from obtaining any of the Achilles armors pieces (mostly due to there only being like 7 of us haha) but I could never just do stuff like that to try to get closer to it, just takes all the fun out of it and turns it into a grind. hope there will be some way to address this because if not this will ruin the only playlist i can stand playing with the name warzone in it, mostly because I don't have enough people to feel like we could put up a fight in regular warzone. its fun but just doesn't feel like unless I have a full squad I can communicate with.

Trup1aya

So, I went back and watch some old h2 and H3 tournaments... as well as some H2A...

It was all BR all the time. Man that shit was fucking boring.

I'm sure it would have been exciting at the time. But after seeing halo 5 played professionally, I don't understand why anyone would want them to go back to BR starts.

So, I went back and watch some old h2 and H3 tournaments... as well as some H2A...

I'm sure it would have been exciting at the time. But after seeing halo 5 played professionally, I don't understand why anyone would want them to go back to BR starts.

yeah i get WHY people want to go back, because it gives you a very capable weapon at the start at multiple ranges, but i think it completely removes the fun of improvising with different weapons in different situations on the fly.

BRs arent exactly rare on the maps

E92 M3

I agree, Halo 5 is a lot more varied and intense with people using different weapons. Very entertaining to watch.

BraXzy

Besides issues people have with autos and stuff, it is awesome how almost every weapon gets used at all levels of play, depending on the situation. The sandbox is pretty darn good this time around.

Rip Suppressor and Bolt Shot.

Trup1aya

yeah i get WHY people want to go back, because it gives you a very capable weapon at the start at multiple ranges, but i think it completely removes the fun of improvising with different weapons in different situations on the fly.

BRs arent exactly rare on the maps

I agree, Halo 5 is a lot more varied and intense with people using different weapons. Very entertaining to watch.

Yeah, I think a lot of the fun is in seeing how people adapt to less than ideal situations on the fly. Sure there's some of that with BR starts. but there is just marked reduction in the amount of creativity you see on display.

Besides issues people have with autos and stuff, it is awesome how almost every weapon gets used at all levels of play, depending on the situation. The sandbox is pretty darn good this time around.

Lol yeah those guns blow. With the Boltshot, they should have kept the 1HK. The issue with it was that people spawned with it AND Promethean Vision. Every corner became a campers paradise...

Turning it into a needler/BR hybrid was silly...

I don't know what they could possible do to make the Surpressors useful...

Awesome dude #1

Awesome dude #2

People like that blow my mind. All they do is 12 man farm the most casual playlist and want to talk shit to some solo players. Like fucking lol. If you want to run around in a 12 man all day, find whatever. However, end the game and don't talk shit to some solo players.

Suppressor is good!!!

Lol yeah those guns blow. With the Boltshot, they should have kept the 1HK. The issue with it was that people spawned with it AND Promethean Vision. Every corner became a campers paradise...

Turning it into a needler/BR hybrid was silly...

I don't know what they could possible do to make the Surpressors useful...
Now wait a second the bolt shot and the suppressor are pretty great weapons when used in the right situations, maybe not the best in fights where you draw the main focus but as support guns and finishing off people they are great. I've had games where I can kill it with those weapons and great to use because nobody picks them up. wouldn't say they are the weakest but for specific situations that can be hard to come by but in team fights those weapons are never failing.

Top Bottom