• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Riptide is no where near as bad as you claim it is.

It's not the best map in 5 but it's fairly decent. My biggest problem with it is the lips on the H2 BR spawn which can make it a bit of a pain to jump up to top mid.

Top mid can only be reached from one side of the map except for a umping thrust, which doesn't work in practice as the middle of the map is always contested with players and you're being shot at. The maps small, yet the sand dune area sees little to no activity, the map has zero flow it's just a mess in the middle with the fuel rod causing splash damage in narrow corridors. It's easily the worst map in 5.

Trup1aya

I really hope they can get the Specator mode working at an acceptable level...

While there is no arguing that the capture card method is better for now, I greatly miss the outlines...

Trup1aya

Top mid can only be reached from one side of the map except for a umping thrust, which doesn't work in practice as the middle of the map is always contested with players and you're being shot at. The maps small, yet the sand dune area sees little to no activity, the map has zero flow it's just a mess in the middle with the fuel rod causing splash damage in narrow corridors. It's easily the worst map in 5.

You don't have to thrust jump to reach top middle from nest. A simple crouch jump suffices..

The map has flow, people just dont have the patience to learn it seems

belushy

Banned
I really hope they can get the Specator mode working at an acceptable level...

While there is no arguing that the capture card method is better for now, I greatly miss the outlines...

Yeah spec mode working as intended would be great. Online tournaments for example. They need to allow an extra player in the lobby (a spectator) so there isn't a delay as well.

+Team name changing
+In-game scoreboard overlay

You don't have to thrust jump to reach top middle from nest. A simple crouch jump suffices..

Any sort of jumping isn't going to work when you're get shot at. That's the point, all walkways are on one side.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Eden is def a map that can really slow down. It's funny that renegades never slow down during scrims but do in tourneys. They really should practice like they play.

jem0208

Fuel rod isn't great I don't agree with anything else you said.

+1
Any sort of jumping isn't going to work when you're get shot at. That's the point, all walkways are on one side.

The point is to force the enemy players off of top mid before pushing from beam/H2 BR side. It's quite exposed up there, especially if you chuck a few grenades.

belushy

Banned
I would add a catwalk from the top of the H2BR stage to top mid, but make it to were you need to clamber over that wall still. That could help Riptide I think.

"Let's take a look at the stats... Err... Uh... Never mind, we can't."

The production on this broadcast has been incredible, besides the lack of Spectator Mode.
Great commentators, stat overlays, etc.

Strider

Pro Twitch Tips

The Halo channel has a 5 emote limit in a post. If you only use 4 emotes per post you can spam.

They need to get rid of restrictions anyway tbh. People that don't like twitch chat are just gonna join another chat or go full screen anyway. People that do wanna see the chat go crazy... I for one love me some emote spam

Trup1aya

Why can't you jump and shoot at the same time... Also, walking down tight corridors to reach top mid also presents a hazard.. Also blue team can hydra and nade the shit out of it.

It's a power position... It's tough to get to and control.

Glass

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1211986

let no one say that it would be impossible to do the original Mark V justice in Halo 5 while staying consistent with 343's art style.

tJVp9Sn.png

g3wTOBn.jpg

sMMvvc4.jpg

Edit: Wait what

And now here is the version just released to Halo 5, which 343i contracted Airborn Studios to create:

Why can't you jump and shoot at the same time... Also, walking down tight corridors to reach top mid also presents a hazard.. Also blue team can hydra and nade the shit out of it.

It's a power position... It's tough to get to and control.

I don't want to be mean, but you're joking right? The map is asymmetrical and, unlike Plaza, it's not done well. It's not Overgrowth-bad, but it's really not good. Play against any decent team and it's incredibly easy to keep map control once you have it. Not to mention it's very easy to spawn trap people at sand.

"Hydra" - again, you can't be serious. The map sucks for using the hydra. A good team will keep their height and cover advantage and anyone who's paying attention can dodge hydra shots with ease. There are some good nade positions you might pull off, but you forget that you're getting shot/naded off the spawn already. If you're top mid, you use the wall for cover and if nades come in, you just thrust to a hallway and/or drop down for a moment then come back unscathed.

The small corridors might make it easy to nade power positions sometimes, but it also makes it so that there are few paths to take over those spots if you kill the people there. *And*, this is assuming you killed enough people to overtake the spawn influence so they don't just respawn down the hall and kill you right away.

Glass

Going to be a late one, time for my second pizza of the night.

Pro Twitch Tips

The Halo channel has a 5 emote limit in a post. If you only use 4 emotes per post you can spam.

They need to get rid of restrictions anyway tbh. People that don't like twitch chat are just gonna join another chat or go full screen anyway. People that do wanna see the chat go crazy... I for one love me some emote spam

PREACH

I tagged someones name to answer a question at X Games and got timed out for 10 minutes because his name was in caps. At events this large, you're not meant to read chat anymore then your'e meant to listen to an individual in a crowd at a sports game. The chat is meant to reflect that crowd atompshere in speed/activity and PogChamp/Kreygasm spam at clutch plays. Or LxthulLaser when he does something insane.

Strider

Am I the only one who have prefered that they saved the 500k to increase the prize pool for future leagues/tournaments?

They are holding plenty back already... Prize pool would be way more than 2.5 million if that wasn't the case. They had 2 million all the way back before Christmas.

Glass

Am I the only one who have prefered that they saved the 500k to increase the prize pool for future leagues/tournaments?

I honestly think they have, the amount of time it took to get from 1 mil to 2 mil was much shorter then the increase to 2.5. They've capped it at 2.5 mill so 1st place gets 1 million, and I think the rest will go towards the pro league and season 2.

Madness

Nothing like racist and islmaphobic comments in chat when commonly's name is displayed.

Sigh

Is this your first twitch viewing? Did you not read some of the comments during the Asia qualifiers, Latin American qualifiers etc. People when allowed to be unfiltered and anonymous will say nasty shit. I just full screen when I have a good stream or if it's a smaller stream I'll have chat. But any major event is always a shit show.

Trup1aya

I don't want to be mean, but you're joking right? The map is asymmetrical and, unlike Plaza, it's not done well. It's not Overgrowth-bad, but it's really not good. Play against any decent team and it's incredibly easy to keep map control once you have it. Not to mention it's very easy to spawn trap people at sand.

"Hydra" - again, you can't be serious. The map sucks for using the hydra. A good team will keep their height and cover advantage and anyone who's paying attention can dodge hydra shots with ease. There are some good nade positions you might pull off, but you forget that you're getting shot/naded off the spawn already. If you're top mid, you use the wall for cover and if nades come in, you just thrust to a hallway and/or drop down for a moment then come back unscathed.

The small corridors might make it easy to nade power positions sometimes, but it also makes it so that there are few paths to take over those spots if you kill the people there. *And*, this is assuming you killed enough people to overtake the spawn influence so they don't just respawn down the hall and kill you right away.

Dead serious. If someone is dodging the hydra, then you are effectively moving them out of position. I land shots on people behind the wall all the time or at least make them flee to weaker positions.

I'm not onyx champ, but I have fun when I play on the map. Don't have an issue effectively using any of the weapons...

Top Bottom