• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Fuchsdh

Nice meat in that update. Will be interested in the minor UI and Forge stuff the most. Also hoping we hear which maps are going to receive Assault in MM.

Magwik

Banned
c5a259fde46fbb0b9485b33cd58163f5.png

29c73a62-bf05-4886-a242-2b066093be88

Magnum Variant? :O
(The uncommon looks like an SMG)

Lore background for the new map:

TORQUE
Commissioned by Lethbridge Industrial in 2555, Auriga Station served as one of the company’s preeminent research and development facilities. Its staff of human and AI researchers were kept busy decrypting Covenant and Forerunner records, searching for naval depots and resource caches. Fitted with the latest in UNSC fabrication systems and Sangheili-procured forges, the station could also carefully disassemble, analyze, and rebuild nearly any piece of recovered technology to aid in reverse-engineering efforts. It was this latter capability that brought Auriga Station to the attention of Cortana and her Created. Stripping bare Lethbridge’s vast archives of secrets and making a mockery of their counter-cyberintrusion suites, Cortana quickly repurposed the loyalties of the station’s resident AI and removed the human crew. Beating hearts have now been replaced by the inflamed obsessions of caretakers eager to use the station’s tools to harvest, decompile, and rebuild new tools and weapons to be wielded by constructs advancing Cortana’s plans across her growing ecumene. Meanwhile, an audacious plan has been hatched to deny the Created their prize: board Auriga Station with Spartan operatives, disable or steal the manufacturing systems on board, and wipe the AIs still bound to its holographic storage systems. In order to train for the assault a perfect recreation of a critical area on Auriga’s habitat ring has been constructed in War Games, codenamed “Torque.”

BraXzy

Update looks pretty good. I wonder if there will be any other UI changes besides the colour stuff.

Those skins are dope I may just have to work for those. This Arena REQ bundle is looking tastier and tastier.

1uirG1X.jpg

Hard to say how it'll play, but I was hoping for something a little more aesthetically fresh in the Halo 5 sandbox.

Either way, looking forward to the new map.

Glass

Imagine if all the big teams/orgs brought in 15k views each like Optic. Others need to step it up, not just for Halo's benefit but their own.

Strider

Yea I've no idea why Halo pros don't make more of an effort to build their own personal fanbase... Then by extension those fans will gravitate toward the competitive scene. Youtube alone could be another source of income for them but they don't even bother with it. Just seems weird to me.

Yea I've no idea why Halo pros don't make more of an effort to build their own personal fanbase... Then by extension those fans will gravitate toward the competitive scene. Youtube alone could be another source of income for them but they don't even bother with it. Just seems weird to me.

I tell that to the Mexican pro players all the time but they just don't listen to me.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
It peaked at 34k during Optics match, its now dropped to 18k forthe immediate match afterwards. It's crazy!

it was 30k for EG before optic played. it dropped that much because its overdrive and elevate:p

blamite

I hope they make it possible to score with the ball without pickups, That way we can do grav hammer hockey.

It should be possible, since it's posible to make Ricochet. Although... Does that require someone to touch the ball at least once to assign it to a team? Maybe that can be turned off?

Nowise10

1uirG1X.jpg

Hard to say how it'll play, but I was hoping for something a little more aesthetically fresh in the Halo 5 sandbox.

Either way, looking forward to the new map.

Yeah, if you cover the top half of the picture so you don't see the skybox, it looks like it could be any other map from Halo 5.

Okay wtf someone explain this shit pls.

I just got Diamond 6. Win one match. Lose the next match. Okay guess I'm back to square one. Win next match. Yay I'm at +1 wins now. Lose next match. De-rank down to Diamond 5.

LIKE WTF I WON THE PREVIOUS MATCH THAT WASNT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN

So I'm guessing the way ranks progress is that the amount the needle moves is proportionate to how the match goes. Perhaps it was because we lost that last match by a large margin that I ranked down more than usual (even though I was at the top of the team).

Madness

Crazy to me that they still haven't given us a forge playlist already that is non breakout. Save the dumb spiel about how they need to work spawn points and testing and to make sure that people's first playthrough of a map isn't a bad experience. Some of those breakout community breakout maps played like shit in my opinion and yet they added them all in.

So if they can take forge breakout maps created after a lot of these forge btb,arena maps,create a playlist,create a poll, integrate them into the regular playlist as is after testing with zero changes, and yet weeks later still won't do it for 4v4/BTB?

BraXzy

Okay wtf someone explain this shit pls.

I just got Diamond 6. Win one match. Lose the next match. Okay guess I'm back to square one. Win next match. Yay I'm at +1 wins now. Lose next match. De-rank down to Diamond 5.

LIKE WTF I WON THE PREVIOUS MATCH THAT WASNT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN

So I'm guessing the way ranks progress is that the amount the needle moves is proportionate to how the match goes. Perhaps it was because we lost that last match by a large margin that I ranked down more than usual (even though I was at the top of the team).

That sucks, it's likely that when you lost, you were against people slightly lower than you, CSR wise, so you took a bigger hit? That's probably how it works.

Damn the HCS matches were on till late huh? I'll have to watch some of the ones I missed.

Top Bottom