• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

I dunno, I've been impressed by how effective Destiny has kept its hooks in peeps. The lack of new content seems like what's pushing the most people away from it more than anything else.

Oh i completely agree... that's why i feel like it will only pull Destiny players away for a few months until Bungie releases the next TTK-sized (or bigger hopefully) DLC. Then i'm almost certain a big part will jump back to Destiny. The Division is fun... but i can really see myself (an others) getting tired/bored with endless snow covered city streets and alleys and buildings and sewers. There will be a lot of similar looking areas and enemies and it's a shame. Always wondered why they didn't at least incorporate some sort of in-game seasons thing... they could have it tied to real time... each month it switches... winter month 1 with the snow storms and white outs... spring month 2 with the thaw, rain and fog... month 3 summer with dry dusty streets and glaring sun etc. Would be super cool to have a reason to keep logging back in each month. Have special items/loot/events that only happen during certain seasons and have the seasons rotate out ever 2-4 weeks or something.

Fuchsdh

My problem isn't that I don't know how to lose. Said many times, I'm a pretty average or less player. So I have habit.

Is that since a month or so this game decided that I have (queueing solo, but I do that since launch) to lose 80% of my games and win only 20% (or even less). In every. fucking. playlist. Arena or Warzone.

Good matchmaking should see around 50% win/loss ratio.

I was hovering around 50%, now I'm dropping quickly to 40%, and I foresee a trend going even lower.

It couldn't be ONLY me. That's it.

You're probably your own worst enemy in this regard. You should just take a break from the game and come back to it when you're in a state of mind conducive to actually winning.

Not to complain, buuuuuuuut only one new map this month seems kind of lame. I still feel like there aren't enough Warzone assault maps (especially since Urban is flat out bad).

G-DannY

You're probably your own worst enemy in this regard. You should just take a break from the game and come back to it when you're in a state of mind conducive to actually winning.

oh, didn't know that is possible to drive good matchmaking (so teammates) being positive and taking a break...

Will try :p

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Not to complain, buuuuuuuut only one new map this month seems kind of lame. I still feel like there aren't enough Warzone assault maps (especially since Urban is flat out bad).

didnt 343 hint that we may see another forge playlist? dont tell me that was the v-day breakout maps...

Riptide is the worst map in Halo 5, they'd need to gut the thing to make it better. Which is unfortunate as I like Fathom. We'll probably get a Warzone variant before Assault, so probably another couple months to an Assault map at least.

Edit: Anyone experiencing the yellow text going dark blue on the dark theme? Keeps happening to me and it's too dark to read.
Capture_2.png

Velcoro

Having that negative mentality surely has a bigger impact then bad teammates or any other excuses one might use.

G-DannY

Halo can be a very mental game, you can definitely psych yourself out, do things that make you lose, because that's what you expect to happen. Breaks are good.

I can agree with you for Arena, and mostly in objective gametypes.

But all across the board... I don't think so.

JackHerer

I have a feeling the new arena map is just gonna be the stadium for Griffball. Don't get your hopes up for anything else lol

Yeah, no. We already know NOKYARD has created the grifball court they will use in Forge.

I'm hoping that Torque has been designed specifically with ball games in mind. The fact that Oddball, probably one of the most requested game types, is not in matchmaking makes me think that's probably not the case. Still, it will be nice to get an actual fully original map instead of a remix.

Yeah, no. We already know NOKYARD has created the grifball court they will use in Forge.

I'm hoping that Torque has been designed specifically with ball games in mind. The fact that Oddball, probably one of the most requested game types, is not in matchmaking makes me think that's probably not the case. Still, it will be nice to get an actual fully original map instead of a remix.
Oh nvm then.

Although I'm not too bummed out by few maps this update because I hope they do what they did with breakout and add popular community maps to all arena playlists. I have faith in our forgers

G-DannY

Req points are so low in social CTF :/

Yep. And is infested by full teams of 5.

Met PG a moment ago. they scored 3 point in less than 4 minutes.

No real incentive to play this but to mess around.

also friendly fire enabled -____-

betrayed by teammate with plasma grenade while I was hiding holding enemy flag when our was vacant...

G-DannY

How can you tell all of the teams are teams of 5?

Gamertags...

For example PGs were all having PG *insertnamehere* gamertags and same emblems.

And you can also see it from the perfect coordination.

I don't say that all are teams. But there are a lot, searching for easy wins.

Social must be party limited in my vision. But probably also this is due to my negative mood period :)

Caja 117

Gamertags...

For example PGs where all having PG *insertnamehere* gamertags and same emblems.

And you can also see it from the perfect coordination.
giving one example, not the same as infested. perfect coordination can mean aanything to some players actually using mic, to players know what they have to do. some teams can be people together and have no coordination at all.

Caja 117

Don't remember it enabled in social/casual gametypes.

But surely I'm wrong.

I cant remember any playlist since Halo 2 to have friendly fire disabled, I think something like that was in Halo 4 for a few days, But Halo 3 and Halo Reach main social playlists had friendly fire enabled.

G-DannY

I cant remember any playlist since Halo 2 to have friendly fire disabled, I think something like that was in Halo 4 for a few days, But Halo 3 and Halo Reach main social playlists had friendly fire enabled.

Played just a bit of 3 and Reach, but I remember slayer and BTB in 4 to have only vehicle splattering against teammates.

But anyway, was just a thought about why the hell a player think to kill a teammate holding flag waiting for flag return. I was really interested in the mental process behind this...

Nutter

Played just a bit of 3 and Reach, but I remember slayer and BTW in 4 to have only vehicle splattering against teammates.

But anyway, was just a thought about why the hell a player think to kill a teammate holding flag waiting for flag return. I was really interested in the mental process behind this...

Well that is because Halo 4 sucked donkey balls.

Friendly Fire has always been a thing in competitive Halo. I wonder how Warzone would play if it had Friendly Fire.

Strider

There is nothing that would make me quit faster than calling in a legendary req only for a teammate to betray me for it....warzone would be the worst shit ever with friendly fire enabled

Fuchsdh

There is nothing that would make me quit faster than calling in a legendary req only for a teammate to betray me for it....warzone would be the worst shit ever with friendly fire enabled

Not to mention I'm sure I'd be averaging a betrayal or two a game just from the 'nade throws.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Played just a bit of 3 and Reach, but I remember slayer and BTB in 4 to have only vehicle splattering against teammates.

i've had it happen to me. honestly, i think some players are so clueless to objective that they kill you thinking you are trolling the game by not scoring. that, or the guy wanted to cap it himself once your flag was returned. either way, leave feedback.

link1201

How many teams get to advance this weekend? Just one?

Edit. I hope we do see the HCS skins again. It's the only stuff I'm missing aside from Achilles.

Top Bottom