• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Trup1aya

Ok NA Regionals was weird. Every Blue team lost their match, everyone on blue side complained about audio issues.

Liquid vs Renegades was a 3-0 but probably the closest series played so far, what a great a great rivalry.

I'm also not sure if TP was just good or Optic still struggles.

Optic just isn't very good outside of mechanics... They completely whiffed on a chance to pull the 3rd flag on truth, with 3 enemies down...

And on plaza strongholds it took them 40s to setup to take nest (I was surprised they held yard and mid for so long), and by the time they got there, they ended up getting triple capped..

They make a ton of mistakes that you'd expect from a team that doesn't have good leadership.

I think they have the raw skill to win, but nothing else...

Magwik

Banned
YzveO55.gif

Kill commendations at 41%

Velcoro

That's really really bad. Did none of the players complain about the issue during the games? What happened with that? That's certainly a sour taste.

186f14b115b8165ca6f21ca09b165790.png

DUDE that is bullshit. Just saw this. They should replay the day considering you're potentially screwing up the chances for a lot of teams to go to worlds.

JackHerer

So yeahhhh.... They definitely should replay all those matches. Massive failure on the part of the organizer/tech team behind this tournament. How do you not correct that issue immediately? Even if you have to stop the stream for an hour or two to fix it that's better than just ignoring it and essential compromising the legitimacy of the tournament.

Madness

Someone found this in the API or something.

XgXhtHp.jpg

Credit goes to JumperJumpz for sharing.

Looks completely unique. I have yet to see an Arena map that looks like that. I'm so happy we have arena maps that utilize a variety of architecture and visual design so that it doesn't feel stale.

maybe when oddball is out, right now it is not a good 4v4 map in the competive sense.

Exactly try to picture them using Riptide in HCS, you can't because it's awful.

Looks completely unique. I have yet to see an Arena map that looks like that. I'm so happy we have arena maps that utilize a variety of architecture and visual design so that it doesn't feel stale.

I see what you did there. Seriously though I'd like to see some more organic environments in Arena.

Akai__

I find the design exteremely boring, as it's yet an other UNSC map. Obviously don't know how it will play, but we'll see.

Anyone know how many maps we will still get? It was 18+ post launch, which means 18 minimum, iirc. God, please let us get more maps with Covenant, Genesis and Forerunner art-style. Thanks.

Only played 2 games but I'm liking the social CTF playlist so far
goodjob.gif
I don't wanna play ranked all the time.
I dislike that it's 5v5, most of the maps can't handle it.

I find the design exteremely boring, as it's yet an other UNSC map. Obviously don't know how it will play, but we'll see.

Anyone know how many maps we will still get? It was 18+ post launch, which means 18 minimum, iirc. God, please let us get more maps with Covenant, Genesis and Forerunner art-style. Thanks.
I know 6 of them were Warzone, which is really 3 as they count the Assault variants as a map.

You crazy
Have you only played games where you've been destroyed in Riptide or something?

The only real issue with it is the fuel rod sucks.

I have yet to have a fun game on Riptide, I'm genuinely curious if it's even possible, so much so that I want it to come up more so I can see.

This needs to come back. A Reach style master list with sub menus for the skins. Current system is terrible for organization.

This is the big thing. I don't so much care how it looks, but it's a mess right now. Alphabetical order (or even better, multiple sort options) and submenues are an absolute must.

Strider

That's the biggest issue with Halo 5 maps. Curated really well for singular experiences

Agreed.

I give OverGrowth a lot of shit but I do quite like it for Strongholds (which I assume is what it was designed for)... Slayer on that map is the fuckin worst though.

Strider

No pressure for whom?

/s I'm sure

------

These matches are so incredibly important today. The structure of this event is great for us fans because we get to watch incredibly intense matches but it's pretty fucking garbage and stressful for the pros I'm sure.

These teams have been playing this game full-time since release and half of them are gonna walk away with $0. Ouch.

The rumored league to follow should make for a much healthier scene IMO

Glass

No pressure for whom?

I guess either, but mostly Optic Gaming. They basically have to win both their games today to make it to worlds, and one of those matches is against the #1 seed. Going to be tough watching a team who brings in so many numbers for Halo go out when they're a fan favourite and them just getting this far was a great storyline.

Top Bottom