• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Strider

Goddamn, EG is dominant.

Possibly too dominant, frankly. Not good for the game when one pro team ends up winning freaking everything.

I bet They lose next series. We'll see.

In general tho the top 3 teams of ALG CLG and EG only lose to each other. Much better than everyone else

male Rachel Dolezal

owQJN7x.gif

The new Arena map Torque looks way too similar to Empire and Eden in structures and aesthetics. It just looks like it takes place in a different skybox, I hope it plays well because they don't make the maps look very interesting.

I still can't believe we don't have any maps based off of the aesthetics of Sanghelios and Suanion.

Trup1aya

It's interesting that pros are keeping the AR now instead pistol+a pick up weapon couple months ago, guess I should start exchanging the pistol for a BR or DMR.

I feel like they were always doing this for a while.

If you swap out your pistol for another precision weapon, all you are doing is giving yourself a disadvantage in close quarters situations, or making clean up kills unessisarily difficult and costly for ammo.

Seems to me if they are making a precision pickup, they drop pistol. If it's anything else, they drop the AR. The exception to this rule seems to be the sniper.

Sou Da

The new Arena map Torque looks way too similar to Empire and Eden in structures and aesthetics. It just looks like it takes place in a different skybox, I hope it plays well because they don't make the maps look very interesting.

I still can't believe we don't have any maps based off of the aesthetics of Sanghelios and Suanion.

How are maps made exactly? Shouldn't it be relatively simple to craft maps out of Campaign locations?

There's no shortage of variety there.

I feel like they were always doing this for a while.

If you swap out your pistol for another precision weapon, all you are doing is giving yourself a disadvantage in close quarters situations, or making clean up kills unessisarily difficult and costly for ammo.

Seems to me if they are making a precision pickup, they drop pistol. If it's anything else, they drop the AR. The exception to this rule seems to be the sniper.

That's exactly how I play, I swap pistol for another precision weapon, doesn't make much sense otherwise to me.

How are maps made exactly? Shouldn't it be relatively simple to craft maps out of Campaign locations?

I think they make the maps this way because of the spartan abilities. It's easier for them with these flat maps, but it's sad

It's gotten better since launch, but seriously those 2 areas in the main game were some of the most beautiful levels I have seen in a Halo game, blended naturalistic look with structures so well. I just want to see them in the multiplayer. Who wouldn't want to play on a Alien City that's built on a large water body or a Covenant area bathed in the races history? I just think it's a missed opportunity, I don't think it would be hard to craft them out of the campaign levels those assets are in the game already.

Dramaaaaaaaaa

Liking the Semis gametypes. Can't really think of anything I'd change, though Slayer Coliseum feels like a waste. Such an amazing CTF map.

No real beef with Nutter. Just you. Quite honestly one of the worst posters I've ever met in my life. Having to read years worth of diarrhea of the fingers regarding Gravity Gauntlet was bad enough, seeing your shitty UI mockups, then came all the ReclaimerHub, please hire us, I can do music better than Marty shit. You're without a doubt the sole reason I wouldn't join Slaent. If I can't stand you here why would I post there? This is just the last straw. Absolutely hate reading your shit. Even when I have you on ignore I have to read someone else quote something of yours. Put me on ignore. I have for years. And if you notice how many times you post quoting me you'll see the last time I responded to you was the last time you called me out.

k4f1iom_1__by_stonehot316-d6u0gaz.gif

Sou Da

I think they make the maps this way because of the spartan abilities. It's easier for them with these flat maps, but it's sad

But the campaign terrain is also made for the spartan abilities.

Besides I'm not saying that they should just slice off a piece of the campaign and put weapon pickups on it. Obviously they'd tune it up for MP.

Top Bottom