• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

IHaveIce

Banned
http://www.twitch.tv/g_e_r_a

Will start in 10 minutes, 2 Million REQ points.

Is also a fun dude and very skilled, had a couple of champ accounts.

Though he is a German, you guys have been warned

Now on.. idk why he went live with it when the tourney day 3 just started :D

EDIT: Lmao Madness chill dude, you just talked bullshit about a World championship.

Ogre 2 was not even that good on CLG.. Mikwen and Ola were also just not good

I'm not even from the US you male Rachel Dolezal. Get off your soapbox and stop trying to talk down to people as if you know better. I just wanted to see Ogre2 and Ola play in the biggest tournament Halo ever had. Ogre2 especially got screwed because he was on top 3 team and got dropped just before X Games and then couldn't get a team going in enough time for the event.

I swear you guys like to think up your own shit. I'd love it if Halo was more global and no one was happier than me when Epsilon from the UK shocked everyone at X Games and now I routinely watch Jimbo or the Buk twins stream. But simple fact is you're going to see a massive difference in skill for the first day or two. They won't even be fun to watch.

I'm really going to stop posting here. Is Haloslaent dead that you're especially posting here again? Half of you guys just use HaloGAF for your own personal shit, trying to promote your own sites, wanting to get hired for this, that or the other. I post here because I want to talk about Halo. No ulterior motives. I criticize the visuals of the new upcoming Torque map and Nutter makes fun of the fact I'm not a good player anymore. As if that had any bearing on what I said.

Chill, bro. They're just raising the (fair) point that representation in the HWC is maybe a bigger issue than you think. Sure, this year a lot of the non-NA teams are going to, well, suck. But bringing them in is still important, because maybe their visibility and success will inspire others, and the brand grows globally.

And I can't believe you're upset about Nutter throwing some shade. That's just silly.

Strider

If you ignore them that means they WIN.

Besides, you still the posts when they get quoted, so it's really sort of a wash.

Indeed. They should change that actually

I wouldn't ignore someone for throwin some shade or jokes though. I only ignore those that whine consistently... But it clearly bothers others more than it would me so just throwing that out there.

Strider

Indeed. Halo is like Dota.

Everyone sucks. Some just suck less than others.

anuxi_rum.gif

Madness

EDIT: Lmao Madness chill dude, you just talked bullshit about a World championship.

Ogre 2 was not even that good on CLG.. Mikwen and Ola were also just not good

What did I say that was so outrageous about the world championship? I said that only 8 NA teams get to be in and 8 non-NA teams which those from EU only really have a chance at upsets. And then I said that hey I get it, it's like the Olympics and World Cup where they have to drop teams that may be better but need representation. So many Euro and Latin American soccer teams are good enough to compete but not enough spaces. That's it. And then AtomicJorge posts I'm salty. And then you have Wahrer who does this shit nonstop in OT say it's some bullshit about I'm from the US and would still complain etc.

Strider

RNG never go rockets on Coliseum, no idea why. Just gets them at such a disadvantage.

They are terrible at Coliseum/flag. They aren't very good at Rig Slayer either.

If they can take a game it'll be game 3.

Edit: Well maybe they;'ve gotten better at it afterall? Idk usually I see them get rekt in this lol

Karl2177

I'm looking at the individual commendations versus the personal commendations. The top set is for Ground Pounds and the bottom is for Spartan Charges.

Code:
Personal tiers            5     10     15     25     50
Company tiers           500   1000   1500   2400   4900
Personal totals           5     15     30     55    105
Company totals          500   1500   3000   5400  10300
-------------------------------------------------------
Personal tier delta       x     2x     3x     5x    10x
Company tier delta        y     2y     3y   4.8y   9.8y
Personal total delta      x     3x     6x    11x    21x
Company total delta       y     3y     6y  10.8y  20.6y

Code:
Personal tiers            5     10     15     25     50
Company tiers          1000   2000   3000   4800   9700
Personal totals           5     15     30     55    105
Company totals         1000   3000   6000  10800  20500
-------------------------------------------------------
Personal tier delta       x     2x     3x     5x    10x
Company tier delta        y     2y     3y   4.8y   9.7y
Personal total delta      x     3x     6x    11x    21x
Company total delta       y     3y     6y  10.8y  20.5y

So while the deltas line up, for some reason the company requirements for Spartan Charges is double the Ground Pounds even though the personal requirements are the same. It just doesn't make sense to me why they are doubled.

It's interesting that pros are keeping the AR now instead pistol+a pick up weapon couple months ago, guess I should start exchanging the pistol for a BR or DMR.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I'm embarrassed to say but I have done a grand total of zero ground pounds in my 500+ games.I have no idea of how to do it. I jump from a high place, levitate with LT and then... stick clicks do nothing?

Trup1aya

Regarding HWC slots, 8 is more than fair to the NA teams...

They way that people should look at it is the NA side of the championship bracket already started. If Nv was good enough to have a shot at winning it, they would have faired better this weekend.

This same argument can be had in any professional sport. It happens in NFL every year. Some team who wins a shitty division gets to go to the playoffs, and some team with 11 wins in a tough division. watches from home... Oh well, shoulda won your division...

Regarding CLG vs RNG, when is ninja going to learn to wait for back up? He just dives head first into 2v1's all the time. he could wait 8 seconds and cap a stronghold for 30s or he could die trying to cap one by himself, and cap it for 0.

Top Bottom