• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Random post: If you're not playing the new social CTF you're missing out. Perhaps it's just the Aussie population but the standard of team play has been damn high
We've been party matching the same team over many nights.

Also I have to share, son pulled a nice banshee run in WZ, 6 years old and these strung together.
Fact: he's waaay better than me in a banshee already :(

http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/1be251b3-6370-40e1-8c21-27f3b8625683

http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/381f4641-53ca-43d2-8fd6-5f975595782a

/proud Halo dad moment.

mo60

I don't get how that's physically possible. How does the other team not at least manage to get a kill via nade spam on their armoury?

I can't wait until someone gets a shutout on escape from arc. It's inevitable.The biggest reason to why people are able to pull off these shutouts is because the people they are playing against are very very disorganized.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Trying out aim acceleration of 2... Feels good, but slow. Should I, for the first time ever, up my sensitivity too?

I use 4 and 2 with inner at 0% and outer at 4%.

Also this MM, just when I said yesterday I get close matches! lol

Screenshot-Original.png

Wow after that break i felt like ive improved.

Maybe it was watching the pros play that helped me develop some maneuverability strats. Even though i feel like a baloon when i jump and miss so many ledges lmao....

I just expected to be more rusty and get thrown around, yet i held my own pretty decent.

Especially with my new diamond placement that was reaallly tough for me to get into solo. It feels like home now.

Late night arena is weird. I'll start getting paired with and against golds and plats. I went from 1640 to 1588 lol. Kind of sucks because it I win I don't really gain that much. However if I lose, I lose a lot of points. Oh well, guess there are a lack of Onyxes queuing at this time of night.

BraXzy

My Xbox makes very worrying sounds in standby mode every now and then. It's a weird buzzing noise, almost like a dial up tone but way quieter. Please don't die on me.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Whats roys or nadeds config tho?

Naded the 'juke master 3000' in my eyes.

Controls?

Roy is bumper jumper. 3 sens 5 acel

Naded is recon. 4 sens 3 acel I think

Having their settings won't make you play like them though.

Late night arena is weird. I'll start getting paired with and against golds and plats. I went from 1640 to 1588 lol. Kind of sucks because it I win I don't really gain that much. However if I lose, I lose a lot of points. Oh well, guess there are a lack of Onyxes queuing at this time of night.

Arena or slayer?

Controls?

Roy is bumper jumper. 3 sens 5 acel

Naded is recon. 4 sens 3 acel I think

Having their settings won't make you play like them though.

Arena or slayer?

I know i wont play like those pros just curious on their sens and acc. I thank you for sharing. :) any dibs on their deadzones?

Arena or slayer?

Slayer. Kind of annoying because I'll get a gold that quits in a few minutes. One thing I've noticed higher ranks, Diamond and above don't quit as much as the lower ranks. Like every quitter tonight has been either plat or gold.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Slayer. Kind of annoying because I'll get a gold that quits in a few minutes. One thing I've noticed higher ranks, Diamond and above don't quit as much as the lower ranks. Like every quitter tonight has been either plat or gold.

If you are looking for another to play with. I'll join.

Sometimes when I search arena solo, I'll have some dudes quit. Either champs or high onyx, but if I search solo, I really don't expect to win. I'll just go for stats.

I'm so fed up with this ranking system. I've been freaking diamond 6 for a whole week now in slayer and it's driving me nuts.

Today, I was partied up with people and WON 3 GAMES after getting my diamond 6, and then we lost one match (very badly), and I ranked down to diamond 5. Like seriously???

And then we won 3 more games, and I was STILL diamond 5. Then we lost one game, and now I'm done for the night.

I can't stand beating crappy players who somehow got Onyx. They don't derserve it. They should eat poop or something

If you are looking for another to play with. I'll join.

I'm actually not online anymore, but I'll add you next time I'm on and we can play later!

I'm so fed up with this ranking system. I've been freaking diamond 6 for a whole week now in slayer and it's driving me nuts.

Today, I was partied up with people and WON 3 GAMES after getting my diamond 6, and then we lost one match (very badly), and I ranked down to diamond 5. Like seriously???

And then we won 3 more games, and I was STILL diamond 5. Then we lost one game, and now I'm done for the night.

I can't stand beating crappy players who somehow got Onyx. They don't derserve it. They should eat poop or something

I’m nosey, so I looked at your game history! The problem is you’re teaming up with Onyx players going against Diamonds and Plats, so when you do win you don’t gain much at all because the system expects you to win.

I’m nosey, so I looked at your game history! The problem is you’re teaming up with Onyx players going against Diamonds and Plats, so when you do win you don’t gain much at all because the system expects you to win.

Yeah one of them is an irl friend, and the other two were randoms. If only we didn't get matched to diamonds and plats as much

My Xbox makes very worrying sounds in standby mode every now and then. It's a weird buzzing noise, almost like a dial up tone but way quieter. Please don't die on me.

It is your power supply's coil whine, should be fine but it is annoying, worth try getting a new power brick and see if things change, it happens to me too so I no longer use instant-on for the moment.

Loomba

It is your power supply's coil whine, should be fine but it is annoying, worth try getting a new power brick and see if things change, it happens to me too so I no longer use instant-on for the moment.

Sometimes mine is so loud that I can't sleep and need to unplug it from the wall lol, terrible sometimes.

Trup1aya

http://m.imgur.com/rxZXDqf

For me, this was the heads up play of the weekend.

My runner-up play was Denial's counter-cap against CLG during the opening to CTF coliseum. Denial actually lost both games, but their play against top teams was truly remarkable.

I didn't know shit about Denial before the weekend, but these guys have uncanny patience and discipline. Can't wait to see where they go from here...

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah the Bubu Dubu camo play on Plaza was probably one of the smartest plays I have seen in Halo 5.

These young guns just need to up their slayer game drastically and all of them except ContrA had shaky shots and lost many 1v1s. If they can work on that... they will be really feared.

SRTtoZ

This game is so damn fun but there's a real quitter problem. Is there any way to report people who quit? It's annoying as fuck. My last Slayer match had 3 people drop because they were losing 20-5 and it took forever to get to 50 when you can only kill 1 guy. I felt bad for him for sticking around...

This game is so damn fun but there's a real quitter problem. Is there any way to report people who quit? It's annoying as fuck. My last Slayer match had 3 people drop because they were losing 20-5 and it took forever to get to 50 when you can only kill 1 guy. I felt bad for him for sticking around...
Play with friends/GAF, rank up higher and people on the other team will quit less in my experience.

You can report them by selecting their gamertag and they choose the option

im_dany

When this happens I usually avoid killing the last man because he doesn't deserve the negative ratio because of his teammates.

Top Bottom