• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Akai__

Trup1aya

Great games... halo 5 competitive is such a blast to watch.. I was pulling for someone to upset CLG, but it wasn't meant to be...

glad to see a team with two young stars pulling a ton of attention.

belushy

Banned
CLG are the villains of the Halo scene because:

1. Lethul left massive fan favorite EG
2. Snakebite, Royal 2, and Frosty dropped Ogre "fucking goat" 2 for him.
3. Snakebite, Lethul and Royal 2 are massive shit talkers

Still a fan of Lethul though, probably my favorite pro atm

That's crazy, Walshy talks of Huke likely making more money during the finals than he did in his whole Halo tournament career. Walshy, just let that sink in. It would be excluding sponsorships I'm sure but that's insane to think about how 343 and partners have developed competitive Halo in recent years.

Best of luck to the Halo pros, it's great to see those sorts of rewards in play. I'd love to see a tournament with more shared prize money e.g. top 10 get 100,000 each and winners take like 250-500 or something. It would help teams play for the whole year and really dedicate time and resources to the scene.

Magwik

Banned
That's crazy, Walshy talks of Huke likely making more money during the finals than he did in his whole Halo tournament career. Walshy, just let that sink in. It would be excluding sponsorships I'm sure but that's insane to think about how 343 and partners have developed competitive Halo in recent years.

Let's not forget how god damn bleak things were for Halo during Halo 4's run of 2012-2013. It's taken time, but Halo is on the upswing.

Loomba

Yeah not cool from the crowd. Fair enough if everyone was rooting for the underdogs, but don't make the NA champs feel like shit and make everyone look bad.

This is what I meant guys, I know they aren't liked much.

Ah well, been watching for 5:30 hours straight, time for bed! Grats to CLG, Worlds is going to be amazing.

All right guys this was an amazing tournament congratulations to all the staff and crew behind the scenes, now I need to work on my 100k celebration video see you next time ;)

GAME OVER

Glass

Amazing weekend, great games, great casting, great production. Feel very lucky to be getting into competitive Halo at this point in time.

Team skins pls

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Amazing weekend, great games, great casting, great production. Feel very lucky to be getting into competitive Halo at this point in time.

Team skins pls

What if instead if red vs blue teams actually got to use their colors?

Makes me wonder where we'd be at now had halo 4 been a proper Arena shooter...
I think that's a fair question since 2010 with Reach. Despite the shit I sometimes give Halo 3, competitive Halo was still thriving back then due to its rising popularity. If in 2010 we got Halo 5, competitive Halo might be in a different place today.

We'll get there though. Just keep taking my ideas and we'll get there.
Firefight returns with a competitive pvp Firefight Versus mode where you can control the different factions of the Covenant, similar to Gears Judgment's OverRun mode. Capture the casuals, save Halo.
And do something about Custom Games.. Tired of this limited matchmaking.

CLG are the villains of the Halo scene because:

1. Lethul left massive fan favorite EG
2. Snakebite, Royal 2, and Frosty dropped Ogre "fucking goat" 2 for him.
3. Snakebite, Lethul and Royal 2 are massive shit talkers

Still a fan of Lethul though, probably my favorite pro atm

Thanks for the breakdown. I only started watching with halo 5 so i didnt know much of the past.

Trup1aya

I think that's a fair question since 2010 with Reach. Despite the shit I sometimes give Halo 3, competitive Halo was still thriving back then due to its rising popularity. If in 2010 we got Halo 5, competitive Halo might be in a different place today.

We'll get there though. Just keep taking my ideas and we'll get there.
Firefight returns with a competitive pvp Firefight Versus mode where you can control the different factions of the Covenant, similar to Gears Judgment's OverRun mode. Capture the casuals, save Halo.
And do something about Custom Games.. Tired of this limited matchmaking.

Yeah, I actually fault reach even more than H4.. I feel like reach along with the rise of other console shooters gave the focus group folks at MS/343i a lot of misleading data on what people actually want from a halo game.

I know some don't feel this way , but, like how wiith Halo 5, 343i started with the basics fundamentals and added new things on top.

They just need to get cracking on a Req laced Firefight, and give us a customs browser.

Top Bottom