• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Trup1aya

Whats up with this retrieving data bullshit after a match? Can't see shit and I hope I'm getting credit for the wins :/

So how much should I look into the accuracy stat? Whats a high level accuracy rate?

It's a problem that I can't even leave multiplayer after a game, I have to actually exit Halo 5. Yikes this sucks.

Snipe down consistently gets on the 60's while most pro's seem to get high 40's to 50's. I think the more important number is damage delt, with good players consistently topping 2000

A-Yea that's my point, and I firmly believe even if people will disagree with me, that this play wouldn't had been possible if radar wasn't there.

B-They knew there was a player with camo, but they trust more what the screen is showing them that what their, could I say general awareness and experience tells them.

I do remember how much playing Halo 3 Team slayer messed up with how I played in Halo 3 MLG playlist, So I think in overall, players now are relying too much on radar and this could be a double edge sword to how they act during a game.

Disclaimer, I don't like radar for competitive play,I think it takes away a layer of skill gap between players, but at the same time, it doesn't makes me upset, I guess it does make the game more accessible to casuals.

What I was saying about point A is that, there is actually information on the H5 radar that pro players are missing out on or are slow to act on

Caja 117

That was so good watching live. The hype was real!

Taking away what I said about this play, as a Halo fan, I'm happy Halo 5 is like this, I'm positive that this momentum will carry over to Halo 6, 343 will have just to do what BUngie did from Halo 2 to Halo 3, do small adjustment, keep most of the gameplay and core mechanics intact and watch greatness unfold.

Halo 6 might be big! 343, again you did an excellent job in putting halo in a good track, thank you.

SRTtoZ

Snipe down consistently gets on the 60's while most pro's seem to get high 40's to 50's. I think the more important number is damage delt, with good players consistently topping 2000

Sweet. I've been doing surprisingly well considering I'm still new to the game and hovering between 49-59% accuracy. My biggest issue so far is strategy and figuring out where the weapons are and the best time to sit back or push. I think I need to invest in the Elite controller to get the best out of the burst mechanic though. Its funny because I bought the game (and MCC) for the singleplayer but I've been way more impressed with the MP and this is one of the best MP games ive ever played. It's so damn satisfying.

5 is so spot on I'm legit worried for what might change for 6.

I was thinking about this earlier. I hope they revamp a lot of the SP stuff, because honestly I'm not impressed with the way the story is going (
Boring ass Locke, Cortana is bad etc
) , and I think they can do better at pacing the game and maybe incorporating more story and cutscenes. As for MP, I hope they just add to it really, more maps, maybe tune the graphics engine and whatever else they can think of to help make it better, if thats even possible. Also take the good maps from 5 and slide them right into 6 because there are some great maps but also a lot of bad ones. Probably wouldn't bother me in the slightest if sprint was removed but I don't mind it.

Caja 117

The only thing I would change is sprint and map design (to a certain degree), even tough sprint is not as intrusive as it was before, I will change sprint button and just have a max Spartan speed, meaning that the more you leave the movement button press the faster the Spartan will walk until reaching a specific velocity, but a speed slower than current sprint.

Trup1aya

Sweet. I've been doing surprisingly well considering I'm still new to the game and hovering between 49-59% accuracy. My biggest issue so far is strategy and figuring out where the weapons are and the best time to sit back or push. I think I need to invest in the Elite controller to get the best out of the burst mechanic though. Its funny because I bought the game (and MCC) for the singleplayer but I've been way more impressed with the MP and this is one of the best MP games ive ever played. It's so damn satisfying.

The positioning aspect of what separates a good player from a great one. Sometimes I'll look at my accuracy and it's in the 50's and I'm all excited, then I look at my damage dealt and it's 1800 and I get sad. Why did this happen? Because hadn't taken many shots. Why not? Because I'm not good at anticipating where the next enemy will be, so I experience a ton of downtime.

One thing that has me very excited about this update is the return of the sage or olive green color, since Halo CE sage has been the default color of my Spartans in multiplayer
you can't beat that old school classic military green!

halo5-guardians-ffa-resize-031c7e67c2df46adac51b0e57862112b.jpg

NOKYARD

What's the grifball community reaction to this? It's got some significant changes, mainly it not being round based. When the ball is scored (no explosion...) people don't reset. Ball just spawns in a couple seconds later.
Single round Grifball is a 343i/matchmaking variant. The Grifball community has never used a single round variant. Hopefully, both versions will be represented in MM.

Warzone sucks when you can't use your reqs while people on the other team can. My team was pinned in our armory while the other team circled us with ghost ultras and oni hogs.

EDIT: It's all good now since I pulled the Locke and loaded pistol skin. I am a happy camper.

Halo 5 built a great base for them to work with. I imagine 6 will be fundamentally the same game with just more stuff. Maybe a better single player. I think the reason Halo 5 launched with pretty bare bones content (for a halo game that is) is because 343 focused on making a good, balanced, competitive game. Now that they have that base they can just give us more when Halo 6 comes out.

Trup1aya

Someone figured out how to phase through the enemy team's home base in a warzone match using a vehicle.

Gotta love the glitching community... I bet this all started with those videos of guys accidently getting stuck in walls..

Then some asshole spends day after day trying to intentionally get stuck in walls.

Then he spends the rest of his time trying to ruin everyone's enjoyment.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Something is up with MM today. We had a guy who was playing his first arena game matched against a Plat 5. Naturally he quit halfway through.

I am also today completely out of my league, where as I used to be consistently in top two in the team, now I am way, way worse.

Furthermore, it seems each Slayer match has finished today with a 20-30 kill difference.

I wonder if they changed the MM algorithm somehow?

Tawpgun

Reqs didnt work all last night. Get home today and I've spent the last 5 minutes waiting for a Warzone Daily Win Pack to process and open.

U G H

gonna laugh when 343 cant access the new reqs for the stream.

Reqs didnt work all last night. Get home today and I've spent the last 5 minutes waiting for a Warzone Daily Win Pack to process and open.

U G H

They have their own dedicated server. They dont play on regular servers in the stream, so they might have that controlled.

Akai__

U G H

I already said it to Zoojoo, when we were playing earlier today, but somebody at 343i must have confused the MCC servers with the H5 servers again.

Ryde3

can't wait to see a preview of the new map today! Would be awesome if the update dropped this week! (do they generally release on a certain day? I know alot of things happen on Tuesdays but next Tuesday is the 1st.)

can't wait to see a preview of the new map today! Would be awesome if the update dropped this week! (do they generally release on a certain day? I know alot of things happen on Tuesdays but next Tuesday is the 1st.)

Every last update dropped on Wednesday. But this time the scheduled for the livestream is different, so the update could be pushed for later this week.

Ill give you a hint, its completely different than the others aesthetically. You guessed it, Human industrial.

Loomba

In a game right now, start with 3v4 goes 22-2 the rest of my team has left and I have to stay in for another 9 minutes or I get banned for 10 hours. Fucking great.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member

Damage delt is far more important than accuracy. If anyone wonders what to look at for the stat sheet. Damage delt is one of the things you should always look at.

Tawpgun

Sorry, i may have worded that incorrectly. The 343i variant is a single round, first to 5 wins. Standard Grifball has 5 individual rounds for MM, and 9 rounds for league play.
Ah ok.

Was hoping it would be multiple rounds. They already have round based stuff available in breakout.

The weapon sandbox in this game is so good, I'd like to see it stay about the same. Spartan abilities can also remain, but I'd like to see Spartan charge get re-balanced. The vehicle sandbox needs to be altered, Wraiths, Scorpions and Hogs handle poorly and it's quite difficult to live in a warthog if you have anyone decent shooting at you.

Campaign needs levels more like Combat Evolved and grander scale set pieces.

I'd also like to see a change to the art style. Environments need more variety, but by far the worst thing about the art style is the armor, it's over complicated and the colored undersuits suck.

Glass

I got timed out for 5 battle rifle emotes :(
Naded's in chat. Hyped!

Edit: Love the effort this guy put into the video showing his map off. Definitely sells it. More people should try this format, talk about getting your map noticed.

Fuchsdh

I got timed out for 5 battle rifle emotes :(
Naded's in chat. Hyped!

Edit: Love the effort this guy put into the video showing his map off. Definitely sells it. More people should try this format, talk about getting your map noticed.

The best part is that he really thought about what it would take to replicate the map in a different sandbox (kill volumes to try and destroy vehicles when hit by the train, bumping jumps to avoid clambering.)

Caja 117

Damage delt is far more important than accuracy. If anyone wonders what to look at for the stat sheet. Damage delt is one of the things you should always look at.

I wonder if someone has stop and studied the algorith that assigngs those damage point valies, how much points a headshot gives? A bodyshot with a br, or with a sniper, does friendly fire affects this number?

I got a question, does anyone knows if there have been any black ops 3 tournament, and how that stream, if any, compared to halo views?

Top Bottom