• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

I got the elusive Spartan charge kill last night, and they started rolling in after that. I really had to fight against my instincts to pull it off, because 99 times out of 100 SCing a weak enemy isn't as sound a tactic as shooting him.

I found myself looking for enemies already engaged in a fight, and sprinting in for the kill...

When it comes to assassinations I'm no help. I usually choke and do a normal back smack. If not that a teammate steals the kill, or an enemy saves his buddy..

Well we need normal melee kills, so a beat down is helpful too!

I just realized I said Shoulder Charge. I played way too much Destiny lol.

Warxard

Banned
I call the Spartan Charge 'Chariot Tackle' because I play Street Fighter.

Also Spartan Charge has properties when in motion that remind me of Chariot Tackle

jfoul

Two men enter, one man leaves.

NKoA2sH.jpg

Trup1aya

I'm not ashamed to admit it, but I've been using social ctf, to grind reversals for the SC. I spot someone running around with AR, let them shoot me a couple times, then shit on em with the pistol.

I never really played social playlists in a halo game before, but I can get used to this.

Caja 117

My Halo 3 and Reach data aren't on Waypoint, so I just used Bungie's old site to look them up.

http://halo.bungie.net/projects/reach/

If you log in to Halo 3 and Halo Reach this will update your date for waypoint, I had that problem with Halo Reach, so I just bought a copy preowned at Gamestop and used the BC option on the one, now I can see my Reach info in Halowaypoint,

My numbers:

Halo 5 5 days 30 minutes and 855 games played. (8 hours in warzone and 15 hours in campaing)

Halo 4 6 days 8 hours 1064 games (played also 352 custom games)

Halo Reach 40 days 6 hours 9038 games (844 customs)

Halo 3 58 days 18 hours, in bungie.net I had 852 custom and my alt I also played around 1200 games for 6 days and 13 hours)

This doesnt include the custom games I played in Lans every saturday for 4 years since Halo 3 was release, so every saturday we played in averge 5 hours, so you might ad to my Halo 3 history around 8 more days.

Akai__

Halo 2: Never owned it. Only played it at my friends house like weekly for 1 year.
Halo 3: 12 accounts I know of, which in total is a little over 45 days. Still don't know how I managed High School.
Halo Reach: 14d 15h 16m
Halo 4: 3d 4h 18m - Way too much, if you ask me.
Halo MCC: 10.12:37:30 - Not sure if this is MP only? I speend the first 400 hours in Campaign, since MP was broken and I was hunting achievements.
Halo 5: 7.18:54:57 - 3d in Arena and 4d in Warzone.

G-DannY

we have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball you have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball you have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball you have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball you have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball you have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball you have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball you have the ball enemy has the ball

IHaveIce

Banned
Halo 2:Can't access the data anymore, was on a old account
Halo 3: Over 3 accounts in total 36 DAYS not hours, god damn
Halo Reach: 20D 17H 45M
Halo 4: 10D 3H 46M
Halo MCC: 14.21:08:11.. this can't be true, I didn't play that game that much, it has to count time idled
Halo 5: 6.9:48:03

EDIT: Lol Halo 3 I meant days not hours.

Caja 117

Halo 2:Can't access the data anymore, was on a old account
Halo 3: Over 3 accounts in total 36 hours, god damn
Halo Reach: 20D 17H 45M
Halo 4: 10D 3H 46M
Halo MCC: 14.21:08:11.. this can't be true, I didn't play that game that much, it has to count time idled
Halo 5: 6.9:48:03

All that time looking for a match. xD

we have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball you have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball you have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball you have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball you have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball you have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball you have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball we have the ball enemy has the ball you have the ball enemy has the ball

Thanks!!!!

So it took them to make this that long? Ugh

Caja 117

Its incredible that altough Reach for me was the worst Halo, I got that account to inheritor, The game was decent in the MLG playlist, I played Arena for ranks, and by the time they introduced v8 settings the game was very good with the anniversary maps.

Haruko

Haven't been on much the last few days due to The Division and attending WWE RAW last night (
SHANE O MAC IS BACK
)

Will try to work the rust off of Halo tonight

My stats:

Halo 2 - 3024 games played - Playtime: NA
Halo 3 - 3251 games played - Playtime: 13.11:37:46
Halo Reach - 1,584 games played - Playtime: 11D 06H 57M
Halo 4 - 522 games played - Playtime: 2D 21H
Halo MCC - 135 games played - Playtime: 3.06:22:48
Halo 5 - 149 Arena (Playtime: 19:34:46) - 157 warzone (Playtime: 1.22:48:08)

Edit: added Reach.

Trup1aya

GrifBall looks hilarious. New mechanics suit it well...

I'm not to keen on all of the constanct announcing... I like what how 343i used in game chatter to make Flag juggling less annoying than it had been in the past.

This is a step back in that regard.

Also, I'm having a hard time understand why it took so long to impliment 'ball' into the game. Doesn't seem overly complicated.. I think it was part of the 'sustain' plan all along...

Caja 117

My stats:

Halo 2 - 3024 games played - Playtime: NA
Halo 3 - 3251 games played - Playtime: 13.11:37:46
Halo 4 - 522 games played - Playtime: 2D 21H
Halo MCC - 135 games played - Playtime: 3.06:22:48
Halo 5 - 149 Arena (Playtime: 19:34:46)- 157 warzone (Playtime: 1.22:48:08)

Reach?

link1201

I'm not ashamed to admit it, but I've been using social ctf, to grind reversals for the SC. I spot someone running around with AR, let them shoot me a couple times, then shit on em with the pistol.

I never really played social playlists in a halo game before, but I can get used to this.
I didn't realize it until yesterday but you get a lot of reversals when you go for Spartan charges in SWAT. It's like two for one. I did it a lot yesterday got another 100 or so more Spartan charges and imagine at least 3/4 of that for reversals.

Ryde3

I'm going to join in on the stat sharing fun!

Halo 5: currently at 5 days, 15 hours playing time, 968 game completed. Champion 25 highest rank.

Halo 4: 5 days, 3 hours playing time, 864 games completed. SR 127, CST 29 (not idea what that means, hated the ranking system in H4 lol)

Halo Reach: 3 Days, 4 hours playing time, 526 games completed. LT Colonel Rank (again, no idea what that meant.)

Halo 3: 11 days, 2 hours playing time, 2452 games played. Highest Skill Rank: 45.

Halo 2: Can't find the playing time, but 3342 games played, and my High Skill Rank was 45 (I remember)

Damn that's alot of Halo! Looks like Halo 5 has brought me back! Love it.

Tawpgun

What's the grifball community reaction to this? It's got some significant changes, mainly it not being round based. When the ball is scored (no explosion...) people don't reset. Ball just spawns in a couple seconds later.

IHaveIce

Banned
What's the grifball community reaction to this? It's got some significant changes, mainly it not being round based. When the ball is scored (no explosion...) people don't reset. Ball just spawns in a couple seconds later.

exactly like in Halo 4 then

Strider

My understanding is that the grifball community wanted it this way and those changes happened originally in H4. I'm not 100% sure tho.

Fuchsdh

exactly like in Halo 4 then

. Yep this is basically just H4 ball returning.

Just watched the vid, looking gooooood.

Only thing I would've love to see back is a more explosive goal effect. Gimme the cray cray explosion from Rocket League haha.

Cannot wait to see the crazy pass + dunks people do.

Assault explosions being the slo-mo fiestas they are in Rocket League would be pretty ridiculous.

Glass

Are these going to be maps forged by Nokyard? I think I saw him working on some.
Footage looks great, only thing I wish was that the grav hammer impact sent bodies flying a bit more.

Right now I'm 50/50 on staying up tonight.

BraXzy

Assault explosions being the slo-mo fiestas they are in Rocket League would be pretty ridiculous.

Not sure if you mean in a good way or not, but either way, it just seems from a quick impression that the goals won't feel as epic as they could do :3

Top Bottom