• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

I think the content update notes drop today. Full trailer tomorrow, including tease.

Guessing patch drops on thursday or friday then full patch notes released too.

blamite

Next update seems warzone focused.

New Suppressors, new Mantis with a cool paint job and a new weapon on the right arm, new map on a cool looking planet.

BraXzy

New Warzone map. You can tell by the copy-pasted base.

There was a building with West Armoury written on the side. Defo a Warzone map.

I was really hoping to see either a super quick infection tease or race or anything game mode wise. Rail mantis is meh but we shall see what else is in store.

Akai__

Teaser:

9u2zHrs.gif

I spotted:

- New Warzone map
- New Surpessor
- Gauss Mantis
- New Shark AR skin

Chittagong

Gold Member
I have no idea what is going on in this game. I have consistently won +50% of matches every day. I haven't changed my play style today. Yet today:

2QhTwYs.jpg

In my 500+ games there is no streak like this. I have only two theories

1 - I have suffered a stroke and lost my ability to play
2 - 343 has changed something server side / matchmaking

I have no idea what is going on in this game. I have consistently won +50% of matches every day. I haven't changed my play style today. Yet today:

2QhTwYs.jpg

In my 500+ games there is no streak like this. I have only two theories

1 - I have suffered a stroke and lost my ability to play
2 - 343 has changed something server side / matchmaking

3 - You don't understand statistics.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Still copy pasta bases... Wtf. I kind of excused it early on based on making sure people knew the game mode and it's goals, and lack of time to build content, but come on. Oh well, warzone is kind of shit anyway. Not sure how much actual unique spaces would improve it.

3 - You don't understand statistics.

Puuuurfect

JackHerer

New Warzone map with an armory on it. Well the rest of the map looks cool from what I saw. Like burial mounds Warzone.

Was expecting the suppressors since they had the storm rifle in this update. Railgun mantis looks cool. Hope we get another arena map in that update.

Also, clearly it's possible to have REQ weapons on arena maps. Tom French even mentioned that we get the base variants now in Forge but he hopes to include more later. I'm guessing they are worried people will buy less REQ packs if they can use all the unlocks in customs. Still, it would be awesome to have stuff like Dying Star and Void's Tear in custom games.

TCKaos

For those of you keeping track this update has 24 Commons/Uncommons/Rares. If you're grinding REQ that's 12 Silvers, for a total of 60,000 REQ.

Which is like 30 Warzone games.

Or 10 hours of Warzone.

New Warzone map with an armory on it. Well the rest of the map looks cool from what I saw. Like burial mounds Warzone.

Was expecting the suppressors since they had the storm rifle in this update. Railgun mantis looks cool. Hope we get another arena map in that update.

Also, clearly it's possible to have REQ weapons on arena maps. Tom French even mentioned that we get the base variants now in Forge but he hopes to include more later. I'm guessing they are worried people will buy less REQ packs if they can use all the unlocks in customs. Still, it would be awesome to have stuff like Dying Star and Void's Tear in custom games.

I just don't think that should be a worry. You can literally queue up Warzone in seconds, whereas setting up customs games takes a lot of time (in my experience).

For those of you keeping track this update has 24 Commons/Uncommons/Rares. If you're grinding REQ that's 12 Silvers, for a total of 60,000 REQ.

Or 10 hours of Warzone.

Significantly less with at least a few boosts. And commons can come in Bronze packs, right?

BradC00

Or 10 hours of Warzone.

I have 45k saved up.

too bad I'm still unlocking silvers for the original stuff -.-

Akai__

Significantly less with at least a few boosts. And commons can come in Bronze packs, right?

1st Warzone Saturday brought me 70k in ~ 7 hours. And I ran out of boosts like 25% in. You can get a ton of REQ's in one day.

And yeah, Commons can be in Bronze packs, but they are not reliable. You are losing REQ points, if you get nothing 4 Bronze packs in.

MaGlock

I have a dream one day I can at least catch up to silvers and get a few gold packs a month before new reqs push me down.

Was anything said about a forge community playlist?

Fotos

Or 10 hours of Warzone.

I saw on reddit for everything in the update you have to get 185,000 REQ Points. If that's true.

Top Bottom