• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

I still think the Prom/Covenant kill spreads are completely out of whack. The ranks should all be the same, finishing up Covenant, but needing 5K more Proms?! C'mon! lol

I think it's because the three initial maps were pretty much even, but the newest one is more heavily weighted towards Covvies.

Just a guess, I haven't counted them or anything :p

Fuchsdh

So Dany and co. are in an Assault game where our fifth guy goes to our arm zone with the ball. Every damn time.

And then we still barely manage to win the game, and we get booted instead of a completion. Grrr.

So Dany and co. are in an Assault game where our fifth guy goes to our arm zone with the ball. Every damn time.

And then we still barely manage to win the game, and we get booted instead of a completion. Grrr.

But I think it counted as a win still, but i stayed in the map after the game ended lol

And that guy... Lmao

Ramirez

I wonder where all those prometheans are supposed to be that we shall kill. Even if you kill all prometheans on a Warzone map you won't get higher than 10-15 per game.. that is noting compared to those tiers

Our biggest problem is we have a large portion of the SC who don't play WZ with any regularity, lol.

Yeah I usually play COD over the latest Halo and I sold my copy of BO3 awhile ago.

Not sure if this is true but it feels like everyone just wanted to ape Titanfall and H5 did it right while keeping it "Halo."

To Treyarch's credit, the movement system they have is nice, like really nice, but it doesn't really play well within CoD's core gunplay system where everyone goes down in a second, it is more a traversal tool than a engagement tool, the stuff they have is useless in engagements, yes people wanted the gunfights to be more grounded, but this also renders the movement stuff obsolete, it's like it is there for the sake of having new stuff in a new CoD.

Why not? A playlist for people like me that appreciate the fine art and subtlety of the Battle Rifle. It's an elegant weapon from a more civilized age.

Also toggle off Spartan Charge, Sprint, Thruster and Ground Pound.

tumblr_o2epreqTu81rv6ukfo1_250.gif

Fuchsdh

I want the CE pistol and H2BR so badly, but I'm not willing to leave my silver rut for the off chance I get something good. Because I'll plunk down the RP for a gold pack and it'll be an emblem, I know it.

ForgeHUB, GrifballHUB, and The Community Cartographer are officially seeking community Forge courts for the Grifball Matchmaking Playlist.

Details to follow but you can go here, or here to get started.
Will there be different layouts added that aren't just open courts? I think the Grifball playlist could be far more interesting than we've always known it to be by including some variations like Grifsketball lol

Madness

I want the CE pistol and H2BR so badly, but I'm not willing to leave my silver rut for the off chance I get something good. Because I'll plunk down the RP for a gold pack and it'll be an emblem, I know it.

I bought like $25 worth of gold packs a few days ago. Best item I got was AR gold standard skin. Otherwise rest was stuff I'd be getting in silvers. So no point in getting that Arena REQ bundle until I've done silvers for sure.

Trup1aya

Don't be so cynical, you might get a legendary visor... Lol

I said I wouldn't do it, but I'll probably purchase some gold bundles AFTER I get out of silvers... I'm pretty satisfied with 343i's DLC output (even though much of it should have been in at launch) and the revitalized pro scene, so this will be my contribution.

But there's no way I'm buying anything before I get to that point.

Thinking about it, one thing I'd definitely like to see them bring back are part-by-part customization and accessories from Reach. Maybe introduce a system where you can buy variants like we have now and accessories directly with REQ points; like, you get (say) Anubis helmet from a REQ pack, and from there you can buy the variants, clip on bits, whatever. Make up for the difference in pack variety with the part by part stuff, so each thing you get from a pack feels diverse, and if you want something slightly different you can buy it yourself.

Don't give me that shit, you know as well as I do that the population is a fucking graveyard because of the broken launch.

Well personally, either way, I think it's a great idea to segregate the player populations by having a new playlist that plays completely different to the rest of the game!

It'd be Reach 2.0. You'd have one half of the player base go off playing one set of setting and the other not.

It's something I think 343 improved a lot on, it always bugged me how MLG settings in previous games played completely different than the standard variants. It made the competitive scene less accessible, and turned the respective playlists into this weird little cult where no one dared enter unless they were SUPER HARD COOOORRREEE

NOKYARD

Will there be different layouts added that aren't just open courts? I think the Grifball playlist could be far more interesting than we've always known it to be by including some variations like Grifsketball lol
We typically include at least one non-standard variant, but in our experience Basketball variants have been very unpopular with Grifball players since Halo 3. It's fine as a stand alone mini-game but grifballers want to grifball.

SpartanN92

Banned
Well personally, either way, I think it's a great idea to segregate the player populations by having a new playlist that plays completely different to the rest of the game!

It'd be Reach 2.0. You'd have one half of the player base go off playing one set of setting and the other not.

It's something I think 343 improved a lot on, it always bugged me how MLG settings in previous games played completely different than the standard variants. It made the competitive scene less accessible, and turned the respective playlists into this weird little cult where no one dared enter unless they were SUPER HARD COOOORRREEE

So no grifball playlist then by your logic

So no grifball playlist then by your logic

Comparing a chaotic pure fun mode to separating the entire population by a different set of core gameplay mechanics is unreasonable. Just let Halo 5 be Halo 5, don't try shoehorning stuff that isn't supposed to be there. Something like that in a weekend social playlist is fine though, even I might come down to play that.

I bought like $25 worth of gold packs a few days ago. Best item I got was AR gold standard skin. Otherwise rest was stuff I'd be getting in silvers. So no point in getting that Arena REQ bundle until I've done silvers for sure.

I REALLY want a silver pack batch purchase option.

Fuchsdh

I bought enough of the limited bundle pack thingies to bring my total Halo 5 spend up to $99 or so, with $50 of that being the base game (had mostly/already completed the bronzes). Can't justify any more given the RNG, really, but I feel like I got my money's worth versus having bough the Limited Edition from the get-go when I wasn't sure about the REQ system. At this point I just don't think I'm playing enough to make up for all the new REQs they're adding :)

belushy

Banned
Not really related, but got a copy of Black Ops 3 for free so tried it out, despite people keep saying it is the best CoD in recent years it is still pale compared to what Halo 5 did, the controls and movement options are sluggish, weapon balance is all over the place, the TTK means almost no gunfight is determined by skill. Though connection is really nice.

Spectator wise I think BO3 is the 2nd best COD behind BO2 but I hate actually playing the game. H5 is definitely my favorite game to watch and play atm

Top Bottom