• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Strider

Snipers? gross.

Fiesta is better but I still want a permanent social arena playlist... And to avoid redundancy I'd like to see Team Arena be HCS game types only.

Fiesta was basically Snipers the amt of times I spawned with a Sniper/Beam Rifle/Binary Rifle lol

I just got Snipers on Basin??? wtf

and they left Warthog, Ghost, and Mongoose on the map...wow

Jk or serious ? Halo main titles or mobile stuff ?
To work on my passion project:
Combat Evolved 2

But also part of Halo 5 sustain, so my first course of action involves bringing Fiesta back, hiring GAF for playlist management, then removing radar from multiplayer. Together we will make Halo multiplayer great again.

holy shit.... fiesta is gone?

WHY SNIPERS? WHY ALWAYS STUPID BORING SNIPERS?!?!?!

/charles turns off halo

edit: in all seriousness though, fiesta was the only worthwhile social playlist yet [outside social assault & grifball, which i both feel have their place]

edit 2: really not sure if it's just my connection or something, but lately the game is much less responsive, it's like there's an increased amount of input lag. noticeable both when playing directly on my xbone / tv, and especially noticeable when streaming to my PC in the studio [both of which used to be pretty gravy].

just going to have to put this game down for now.

International Affairs - Halo World Championship 2016

https://youtu.be/2mEyKdjX1e8
Might have to cheer for them if Gengar shows up again:

37970e102b5647a7e884e45a9f1de7a7.png

blamite

We need a weekend playlist that's like... Team SAWs or Team Plasma Casters or something that I still need to complete the commendation for

I just had my internet lag out, two Warzone matches in a row. So I guess those Promethean kills won't count.

Also, fuck comcast - I've having periodic outages every day since switching to them, and they aren't taking it seriously at all. There is obviously something wrong, and it isn't the router since that was already replaced.

Demise

I'm quite interested by Halo legacy since I did not have the chance to have a xbox back in the time. What are the most favorite mode of the past halo ? I've read about infection, what about the others ?

Ryde3

man Snipers, again?! Can we make Doubles a permanent gametype already?!

Snipers would be better if it was 8vs8 on BTB maps... It's terrible on Arena maps imo.

singhr1

What are the problem right now ? Bad maps or something else ?

Some of the 6 maps in rotation have been updated significantly by their creators but have yet been implemented into matchmaking. There are plenty of seemingly great forged BTB maps out there but are taking so long to test and put into matchmaking its getting really annoying.

link1201

Some of the 6 maps in rotation have been updated significantly by their creators but have yet been implemented into matchmaking. There are plenty of seemingly great forged BTB maps out there but are taking so long to test and put into matchmaking its getting really annoying.
Should do a "testing" weekend. They'd probably find issues a lot quicker. I can see not throwing junk out there but once it's been through a respected forging community's review, I'd say just throw it in a weekend playlist. If it's horrendous just pull it. It's just a weekend playlist anyway. (I really wanna try new btb maps.) lol

343 decided to sideline Halo 5's BTB mode so it's only been supported with Forge maps.

It still kills me this happened.

At the very least, BTB could have had a new mode like Rush from Battlefield and used tweaked versions of the Warzone maps.

I know Warzone Assault is similiar, but it doesn't scratch that itch at all.

Esque7

Fiesta was my favorite game type for the past week, sad to see it go. I finished quite a few of my weapon commendations because of it. Now, how the hell does one finish the Spartan Laser commendation? It's horrible against anything other than vehicles, and even then it's hard to do in warzone..

Fiesta was my favorite game type for the past week, sad to see it go. I finished quite a few of my weapon commendations because of it. Now, how the hell does one finish the Spartan Laser commendation? It's horrible against anything other than vehicles, and even then it's hard to do in warzone..
Yeah I jumped on earlier to play some more fiesta and then I was sad when I saw social snipers instead... like really sad :(

Also I'm having really bad luck with reqs lately. If I pull out a good power weapon somehow the only banshee in the game sees me and kills me or a random ghost splatters me. That shit rarely happens if I'm running around with an assault rifle instead. Or I spawn with some random teammates surrounded by the other team and die instantly.

daedalius

It still kills me this happened.

At the very least, BTB could have had a new mode like Rush from Battlefield and used tweaked versions of the Warzone maps.

I know Warzone Assault is similiar, but it doesn't scratch that itch at all.

NOPE but we got the best mode ever, BREAKOUT

ITS SO FUN

ITS LIKE PAINTBALL

Alright 2nd time today I fight a team of campions on swat, highest one on their team was a five. Don't know if it's halo giving me a sign to quit swat or to get better. I haven't been able to play as much because I'm playing division and ori along other stuff. But if I get put against a team of campions again idk if I'll never put down halo again or stop playing seat entirely. It was 50-25 and it felt like they knew where I was going to be before I knew.

NOPE but we got the best mode ever, BREAKOUT

ITS SO FUN

ITS LIKE PAINTBALL

To be fair, I don't hate breakout - but I also feel like it should have had normal shields, and just been played off like another slayer gametype variant.

It's frustrating that it was focused so much on, while other Halo staples were completely abandoned. I really don't understand the decision making process that led to it - obviously, it wasn't malicious. But it still feel it was deeply misguided.

Leyasu

Banned
343 decided to sideline Halo 5's BTB mode so it's only been supported with Forge maps.

I think that the hog wild update will be a big BTB one...
I hope so anyway

I liked the DLC structure of this game at first, but it's feeling rather lacking and limited as more time goes on.

I hope the REQ system ended funding some larger free map updates that'll hit in the upcoming months.

As an aside, I don't like the REQ system as the primary way of unlocking armor.

I think that the hog wild update will be a big BTB one...
I hope so anyway

So, one developer made map and then a handful of Forge maps added into circulation?

Top Bottom