• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

guys, i'm like... actually depressed about fiesta being gone.

i always thought i'd prefer "team arena social" - like, team arena, but unranked.

then fiesta came out, and i understood what fun was again.

all this "snipers" "shotty snipers" "sniper snipers" shit is REALLY boring.

have they considered some of us don't live in the USA and the sniper rifle is impossible to use? [or that some people MIGHT not actually like using sniper at all regardless of location / ping?]

i'm one of those people

also, done whinging about snipers, promise

NOKYARD

Some of the 6 maps in rotation have been updated significantly by their creators but have yet been implemented into matchmaking. There are plenty of seemingly great forged BTB maps out there but are taking so long to test and put into matchmaking its getting really annoying.

The new BTB maps were handed off to 343i a few days ago. I assume they were waiting for this batch before upgrading the existing maps.

I kind of regret leaving the Spartan Company.

The new BTB maps were handed off to 343i a few days ago. I assume they were waiting for this batch before upgrading the existing maps.

I kind of regret leaving the Spartan Company.

Yeah, what's a few more days when we've already been waiting months for major fixes or map removal (Antifreeze)? Geez.

I'll believe it when I see it.

guys, i'm like... actually depressed about fiesta being gone.

i always thought i'd prefer "team arena social" - like, team arena, but unranked.

then fiesta came out, and i understood what fun was again.

all this "snipers" "shotty snipers" "sniper snipers" shit is REALLY boring.

have they considered some of us don't live in the USA and the sniper rifle is impossible to use? [or that some people MIGHT not actually like using sniper at all regardless of location / ping?]

i'm one of those people

also, done whinging about snipers, promise
No I agree full heartedly. I have never enjoyed fiesta in any of the previous halo games, but in halo 5 it's really good. A lot of that probably has to do with the abundant variety in power weapons this go around and how pretty much any weapon is legitimately useful. If I spawn with the bolt shot, storm rifle, dmr, pistol, br, or carbine, I can make it work. Sure id prefer the rail gun, rockets or fuel rod cannon, but it's a true testament to the balance of halo 5's weapons that everything meshes so well. I don't mind the plasma caster either. Honestly the only weapon I significantly dislike is the hydra thing - ugh... but 343 needs to replace the carbine with the blood of suban. That weapon feels so goood.

EDIT:
Yeah I'm pissed fiesta is gone, I was having a blast in that playlist... And I still have 30 splaser kills to go.
Oh yeah I forgot about the splaser.. that weapon is garbage tier. Needs an upgrade for sure.

singhr1

GhYLY48.png

Yay finally someone tries to insult me during a Warzone match after going on two banshee killing sprees

mo60

Promethean kills are now under 300. Will be playing a lot tonight to get the rest of the promethean kills we need to unlock the first part of the achilles.

What the fuck is wrong with this game? I can't complete a match. I just get randomly returned to the menu partway through with no error message or anything.

JackHerer

Snipers on BTB maps continues to be terrible. Would rather have fiesta than this BS but what I really want is Oddball. Are they ever going to feature Oddball in playlists?

Esque7

What the fuck is wrong with this game? I can't complete a match. I just get randomly returned to the menu partway through with no error message or anything.

Never had this problem, but I've had the game completely crash on me several times and return me the Xbox home screen.

Fuchsdh

Well I've decided I might as well save up for once and see what this fabled pack comes with. Only at 12K thus far, but should be able to get to 80K by next week.

Again, a night of Warzone assault where people move around the gungeese instead of leaving them as effective crowd control. C'mon, son.

I'm not in the SC (just opened a second business, it's like raising a newborn, so can't bother to ask as my schedule is nuts), but I almost wish I could donate my promethean kills to your guys' cause.

I also don't care for the Achilles helmet [unlocked my full hunter suit, so I can die happy] but I just empathize with da grind.

BraXzy

So no Arena map in this update? That's pretty disappointing. They could at least put out a 4v4 Forge playlist to try and compensate.

Not from the sounds of it.

Fun fact, I had a quick look and, by the time this next update comes out, Halo 4 had received 9 "arena" maps.

Top Bottom