• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

why does halotracker show me playing for 25.35 hours on dec 30th

Well, time flies while you're having fun, but according to Einstein's theory of relativity, time is not constant, so clearly what happened is that you were having a lot of fun but the server wasn't having any, so you had more hours in your day than it had in its day.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
my 3 year old is on my lap while i watch twitch halo streams. he asks "whose that" and i respond, "thats the goat" and he says "yeah, hes also OGRE"

love this kid so much

mo60

Site is fucked today. Only site in 2016 that goes down on regular basis for me.

I had the armor but quite a few guys I noticed also had it and it didn't go well with the Noble helmet.

Related note, bought some xbox credit for whatever they are doing for HWC. They can use any money made for better prizes for pro league or something.

I'm just going to grind to 80K req points for the HWC armor and helmet and whatever else comes in the HWC bundle the first time you open it.

IHaveIce

Banned
my 3 year old is on my lap while i watch twitch halo streams. he asks "whose that" and i respond, "thats the goat" and he says "yeah, hes also OGRE"

love this kid so much

He's also out for HWC
kappa.png

Madness

I'm just going to grind to 80K req points for the HWC armor and helmet and whatever else comes in the HWC bundle the first time you open it.

I can't grind like that. Psychologically when I hit 5k points it's immediate silver pack buy. I just figured I didn't want to miss out like the previous skins. I'm not buying the Arena req pack bundle until I'm done silvers. I hope they do something AMAZING though.

Akai__

My Xbox One doesn't want to get online. PC works fine. Tried multiple hard resets, checked the LAN cable, did the test connection thing on the Xbox One, tried over WiFi, etc.

What am I missing here? I want to start the 2nd Warzone session. :(

mo60

I can't grind like that. Psychologically when I hit 5k points it's immediate silver pack buy. I just figured I didn't want to miss out like the previous skins. I'm not buying the Arena req pack bundle until I'm done silvers. I hope they do something AMAZING though.

I got over 40K REQ points yesterday. I'm probably going to grind until like 100K req points waste 20K on silver reqs and save the rest for HWC req bundle.

Fuchsdh

It's pretty tough, but I'm at 35K from our Warzone games. I can make it to 80K for next week. If the pack isn't something I'm interested in tho I'm just going to have a massive REQ buying fest, not going to be able to keep that balance for long.

My Xbox One doesn't want to get online. PC works fine. Tried multiple hard resets, checked the LAN cable, did the test connection thing on the Xbox One, tried over WiFi, etc.

What am I missing here? I want to start the 2nd Warzone session. :(

Well, when you figure it out, shoot me an invite.

Akai__

Waiting 20 minutes for the Support to get asked:

"Have you tried to reset your Router?" and "Have you tried to hard reset your console?", while I already said that at the beginning of the chat has to be a stupid joke. Do these guys even read what you type in the "specify your problem" box?

Anyways, I'm not sure what's happening. Have fun without me guys.

Demise

Dmr is four rounds in the head, five rounds in the body in halo 5. Wqs it always the case in past halo or was the dmr more powerful in the past ?

Ramirez

Dmr is four rounds in the head, five rounds in the body in halo 5. Wqs it always the case in past halo or was the dmr more powerful in the past ?

The DMR is a 5 shot to the head in Halo 5, it's always been a 5 shot since its introduction I believe.

It's actually a 5 shot kill (4 shots anywhere, 5th to the head). Body shots only I'm not sure, probably 7-8?

But yeah, it was always a 5 shot kill.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Waiting 20 minutes for the Support to get asked:

"Have you tried to reset your Router?" and "Have you tried to hard reset your console?", while I already said that at the beginning of the chat has to be a stupid joke. Do these guys even read what you type in the "specify your problem" box?

Anyways, I'm not sure what's happening. Have fun without me guys.

had issues earlier hard reset and unplugging the console fixed it for me

I keep reading that halo 5 slayer maps are really bad. Are they ? What are past halos best maps ? I need three exemples.

Halo 5 slayer maps are bad for the same reason Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach, and 4 maps were bad: Slayer is a garbage gametype. Any map that would be good with Slayer is better with an objective, and maps that are awful for Slayer are frequently amazing for Objective.

#FuckSlayer

I keep reading that halo 5 slayer maps are really bad. Are they ? What are past halos best maps ? I need three exemples.

Some maps may be a little too busy, but the main problem is that with the more technical focus Halo 5's core game has, there aren't as many "one-and-done" super simple maps that people love because they understand how to have fun on it within the first 30 seconds and there isn't much of a skill ceiling beyond that (e.g. Lockout).

Chittagong

Gold Member
Thanks for the invite to play MyExWIFE, was Super fun! Knew it would be pretty rough as a Gold against Champions and Onyxs, especially given that I've never played BTB maps or objective games in Halo 5...! Hopefully I didn't shit the bed too bad :D

I really like them. Memorable, reasonably well balanced.I think Slayer is the SFV of Halo, the most core skill focused whereas objective games are more strategic.

She actually is a HaloGAF lurker and since she lurks since I'm on the website, I had to show her this lol.

She said: "blue_phazon? Who are you again?"
lxthul.png

Next week will be grindtime, while Worlds is running

Well truth be told I only started following HaloGaf since 5 came out. Before MCC, the only Halo game I ever played was 3, and that was just the super casual stuff like BTB, customs, rocket race, etc.

Why wasn't I aware of this in the actual game? Nice one!

404 Enemy player awareness not found.

That Halo 2 BR, though. Still need it.

what's the main draw of the halo 2 br for people?

is it nostalgia?

or is it the increased magnetism or something?

i just find i do MUCH better wielding the h5 br...

asking all of this in earnest, without internetz attitude i promise

Chittagong

Gold Member
One thing in matchmaking that really does my head in is that when you lose, it matches you again with the same team mates you lost with. Infuriating.

is it nostalgia?

To me the TTK seems better in H2BR, maybe its the bursts

Sorry for not joining earlier Matt, I was fixing up Nightingale and the current layout should hopefully be near-final barring feedback. I'm on spring break for the next week, so here's hoping people are up for testing.

belushy

Banned

is it nostalgia?

Same. In my hands the H2BR isn't very good. I guess I just don't know how to use it

Same. In my hands the H2BR isn't very good. I guess I just don't know how to use it

I've found the TTK to be slightly faster, and even though the auto-aim is lower (I think) than the H5 BR, the bullet-magnetism is noticeably higher. Pre-firing during battles is more effective during fights too thanks to this.

Basically, if your aim is decent to begin with, it has the potential to be a more effective weapon.

I've found the TTK to be slightly faster, and even though the auto-aim is lower (I think) than the H5 BR, the bullet-magnetism is noticeably higher. Pre-firing during battles is more effective during fights too thanks to this.

Basically, if your aim is decent to begin with, it has the potential to be a more effective weapon.
Are you on right now, or is there a group playing?

pretty sure the TTK is the same - watched a video where they tested each weapon and it was four bursts each.

maybe i'm cray - but i'll see if i can find it again.

woops, meant to edit that - watched the video again and it was definitely the same TTK.

#PLZ UNDERSTAND
I understand its the same amount of shots, I was referring to literal time. The video you reference shows that as well? Like same number of frames and all that?

I guess I just found it easier to use.

blamite

Maybe it's because of the more distinct firing sound, but whenever I pick up an H2BR I get the feeling that it has a much higher rate of fire, even though it's pretty obvious in a direct comparison that that isn't true.

I hadn't played Halo in like 6 days and boy is it showing. I'm playing like garbage.

I'm almost as bad as Fata1moose. Feels like a nightmare.

Top Bottom