• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Loomba

Screenshot-Original.png

Holy shit it actually happened... I thought completing silver packs was a myth told to fool people.

Just wait until you finish gold packs, 6000 req point refund every time, been trying to get more CE pistols.
I'm totally fine with its certification rarity, but they really should think about lowering its general rarity from Legendary to Rare. I mean, just look at how frequently I get these:

25b62ddb8412d72f47a4160fccd0171e.png
0f115b16f304b86b49047bdfdbc0f322.png
6f9984ea76df9f2b1fdd13f705336beb.png

Yet, the CE Pistol is much rarer. A lot of these REQ levels don't make sense. Arguably one of the best REQ's:

cf5cb5ee833590d60a681bc4d5c9926a.png

And here I am with these Pistols that I haven't even used one of yet because reasons:

5a28721db3e4abdacf0d94e299c966f4.png

Chittagong

Gold Member
I think I have figured out how the Match Making Score works.

The game has internal, invisible categories for players, kind of like medals, but related to your actual performance - KD ratio, relative performance in your team etc.

These categories are not related directly to medals, but by looking at each player's max medal and number of games gives you an indication of how good they really are. I have been doing this for weeks, and here are what tiers I have found:

1 - the "cannon fodder tier". This includes people who are new to the game, have only of handful of matches, or simply haven't got a gist of it. The top medals earned for playes in these matches typically are mid/high silvers. If I am, as a max Gold 6, placed here I will get a KD of 2-3.

2 - the "rookie tier" - This has people who have played the game a fair bit, a few hundred games, but are not yet very good. They run to the weapons at the beginning of the game, but don't stick together or track respawns. Top medals max out at mid/high golds. At this tier I get almost always over 1KD, typically 1.2-1.5.

3 - the "getting into it" tier. This has people who start to have a rudimentary understanding of the game, with 500-1000 games played. They stick mostly to team play, and keep track of respawns. Top medals max out in high gold / low plat. In these games it's 50:50 whether I get over 1KD.

4 - the "advanced" tier. This has people with 1000+ games, positive KD, max medals include high plats, high diamonds and rare low onyxes. In these games I get completely wiped out, the players are able to surprise me, predict me, and win any one-on-one. Here I get a KD of 0.3-0.5.

There are more higher tiers, but I wouldn't know what they are.

The tier placement seems to be sticky for about 5 matches. So once I cross to tier 4, I get wrecked for about 5 games. Then I go back to tier 3, and win / do really well for 5 games. The cycle repeats.

This also explains why you get rematched against people you massively lost, the game simply places you within your current internal tier.

I'm a bit surprised in how binary the differences are now that I pay attention, I either get into a game where I wreck, or get massively wrecked.

That's my theory.

Karl2177

I'm getting on after like 5 days of vacation. Hopefully it doesn't take more than a game or two to get used to the aiming.

EDIT: Do you still need people, Wahrer?

Playtesting?

I'm getting on after like 5 days of vacation. Hopefully it doesn't take more than a game or two to get used to the aiming.

EDIT: Do you still need people, Wahrer?

Yeah, GT is Wahrer for those who don't know. Ideally looking for anywhere from 6-12 players to help playtest Nightingale along with any other maps people may want to try out.

EDIT: also, here's unrelated footage of me somehow mastering 4-dimensional plasmacaster spawn trapping

Nah Lethul has said he left because CLG approached him with an offer to join. He said before that he wasn't even thinking about leaving EG. I think you're just projecting your own issues with the twins onto Lethul here.

"I didn’t have any plans to leave beforehand but then the CLG guys came to me kind of out of nowhere and I decided to go with it".
Not saying you're wrong but, what people say =/= what actually happens sometimes.

Roy and Lunchbox are the reason Lethul left EG imo. Dudes bitch like crazy when things go wrong while Lethul is too mellow for that behavior.
I turn their streams right off when they start that nonsense.

Would not care one bit if they left the game.
I disagree. They've been a powerhouse in Halo and have been in the game for years. I think they're just really passionate. They bitch at each other but they never seem to target Snipedown or Commonly besides constructive criticism. I think they did the same thing with Lethul.

Roy and Lunchbox are the reason Lethul left EG imo. Dudes bitch like crazy when things go wrong while Lethul is too mellow for that behavior.
I turn their streams right off when they start that nonsense.

Would not care one bit if they left the game.

yeah, lunchbox just doesn't. stop. whinging. when they lose a round in scrims - blames everything on everyone else and it's always awkward watching Eric just sit there and "take it", so to speak, while he goes off.

Nah Lethul has said he left because CLG approached him with an offer to join. He said before that he wasn't even thinking about leaving EG. I think you're just projecting your own issues with the twins onto Lethul here.

"I didn’t have any plans to leave beforehand but then the CLG guys came to me kind of out of nowhere and I decided to go with it".

that's really interesting, i never heard this.

i watch his stream sometimes and he seems like a totally normal / decent dude, but i'm definitely part of the camp that wanted to hate him for leaving EG at the 11th hour like that.

while we can't be certain if that statement is 100% sincere, i'll take him at his word and be less of a cunt in general as a result. ;)

Denial just got smoked by EG, watching Devon's stream was hilarious... Carrying on like a total baby before leaving, just left his team, then says to the stream "I'm getting off, this game sux, can't wait to get last at worlds"... Stream ends.

Nationals was a fluke, these guys are no chance.

EG looking good, but the competition was average.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Denial just got smoked by EG, watching Devon's stream was hilarious... Carrying on like a total baby before leaving, just left his team, then says to the stream "I'm getting off, this game sux, can't wait to get last at worlds"... Stream ends.

lol

Velcoro

Denial are definitely a LAN team more than anything. And they do better with their coach. I doubt they'll win worlds but who knows it would be insane.

EG lost 9-4 to CLG when they scrimmed last night. All slayers I think but they didn't dominate in any of the games all close matches.

wow. when the going gets tough...

Nice. What SR level do you need top be near at to finish it? Im in my 80's and I still feel like I have an eternity of silvers left to go lol.

cleared mine at 60 - but i sold EVERYTHING [except RP boosts], to grind through them as fast as possible.

edit: fwiw - i also played approximatley 95% team arena, and 5% warzone

Nice. What SR level do you need top be near at to finish it? Im in my 80's and I still feel like I have an eternity of silvers left to go lol.

I'm in 80s and completed mine last week. If you rarely play Warzone it takes so long; I started playing more of it when we were working on Commendations and it went so much quicker.

IHaveIce

Banned

Devon has to be replaced after worlds

Devon has to be replaced after worlds

Before he left he just shut down, he was barely communicating other than airing his frustrations which was simply a result of him getting spanked... They weren't doing that bad, they won a strongholds game then lost ctf fathom 3-0, then is was down hill as all team work went out the window, running out getting shot from all angles etc.

I couldn't hear his other team mates so no comment on their game but they got fucking owned hard... Then he just fucked off! LOL

I was rooting for them, not now.
Just don't like that petulant attitude.

They might lift at worlds, but I don't think they will do well with that kind of disharmony.

belushy

Banned
Huke won't take any of that shit after Worlds. Devon will definitely be dropped. There will be some good F/As to choose from, anyway.

IHaveIce

Banned
Huke won't take any of that shit after Worlds. Devon will definitely be dropped. There will be some good F/As to choose from, anyway.
Exactly.
I don't even know why Devon has such an attitude, I feel he is kinda jealous because the other 3 of denial have their own memes and are more looked at.

Cranster

Banned
Has anyone else still not recieved their Arena REQs today? This is the second week they never shown up at their regular time.

Scrubs who has no situation awareness wanting larger radar.

#nomotiontracker
With how easy it is to hide around corners and then ambush an enemy with Spartan Charge while they are engaged with another player, the Motion Tracker range needs to be buffed up.

singhr1

YOOOOOO

First Look at Warzone Firefight during Sunday Finals

Since Warzone Firefight was first teased during the “Hammer Storm” Content Update unveil last month, Halo fans have been chomping at the bit for more information on this exciting new PvE mode. Get a sneak peek at Warzone Firefight during the Finals broadcast on Sunday, March 20, providing a glimpse at what’s to come later this year.

YOOOOOOOOOOOO

Halo-5-Guardians-Halo-World-Championship-REQ-Pack-576x320.jpg

In celebration of the tournament, anyone who watches the Finals broadcast – starting on Sunday at 4 p.m. PT on their Xbox One (through the Xbox Live Event Interactive app) or Twitch – can get the Halo World Championship REQ Pack for free.

Top Bottom