• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

BraXzy

It's CRAZY that with this much money on the line, this has no loser bracket and is only Bo3.

I'd expect Bo5 with losers bracket with Bo7 for the final. Such an odd set up.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
will be curious to see if EG drop commonly after this tourney [or if they shake up their roster in any way].

this game's already over, i don't see the momentum shifting back to EG.

I definitely think there will be major shake ups everywhere (except clg) as teams try to reconfigure to catch up.

op_ivy

It's CRAZY that with this much money on the line, this has no loser bracket and is only Bo3.

I'd expect Bo5 with losers bracket with Bo7 for the final. Such an odd set up.
It is best of 5, 7 for finals... No losers bracket though (sadly)

singhr1

What teams are left?

CLG
Allegiance
who ?
who ?

Denial, elevate, epsilon, and liquid

Also, surprised many people are all of a sudden upset of BO5 and single elimination. People complained for NA Regional to become BO7 for semis and 343i changed it accordingly. I think BO7 single elimination for entire bracket is ideal for this though. Makes it like the NBA playoffs.

Single elimination is so much better, it's a major reason March Madness is so exciting.

Nah remember they won at the X GAMES that means that it was weak but still alive, now is over

that didn't convince me of anything really.

felt like CLG had an off day [which is rare], and EG was in top form [which, remember, has also been rare].

just basing this off of all the scrims i watch - EG is never consistent, so as much as i wanted to BELIEVE, x games convinced me of nothing.

Epsilon and elevate
Liquid and denial

I'm sorry, but none of those teams deserve more money than EG... They would all lose against CLG they just got a better draw, there is huge prize difference between 5th/8th and 3rd/4th.

EG must be devastated, bet they all have time off... Don't expect roy and snipedown to show up on twitch for a while.

op_ivy

I'm sorry, but none of those teams deserve more money than EG... They would all lose against CLG they just got a better draw, there is huge prize difference between 5th/8th and 3rd/4th.

EG must be devastated, bet they all have time off... Don't expect roy and snipedown to show up on twitch for a while.

Agreed. Renegades too, they even beat EG in pool play. But that's how it goes. Hope we get losers bracket in season 2 or whatever comes next.

Caja 117

Agreed. Renegades too, they even beat EG in pool play. But that's how it goes. Hope we get losers bracket in season 2 or whatever comes next.

Agreed, an event of this magnitude should had a better matchup selection proccess, speaking of which, how was it decided now?

op_ivy

Agreed, an event of this magnitude should had a better matchup selection proccess, speaking of which, how was it decided now?

Pool play determined seeding, then brackets were randomly drawn. The reason EG played clg in quarters was because EG lost to renegades and entered brackets as a 2nd seed.

Madness

I'm salty about the fact that there aren't enough of the true top teams in the world in the event but let's not say anything about what is deserved. EG is only to blame for this placing. They played pretty poorly this weekend and lost to Renegades and didn't win their pool.

I agree single elimination best of 5 wasn't the best to do though. But I mean in the end the quarterfinals and group wins were exactly what everyone predicted. But imagine if we had OpTic and EnVyUs and the other teams at home in the group play maybe rattling teams or giving others a run for their money.

Madness

CLG is 1st seed?

The winner of groups played the 2nd place in groups. It was just randomly drawn though. Allegiance was 2nd in their group while Renegades were first in theirs. EG was behind Renegades in their group and so had to play CLG who won their group.

IHaveIce

Banned
even if it was not random draw and a
1st of A plays 2nd of C
2nd of A plays 1st of C
1st of B plays 2nd of D
2nd of B plays 1st of D

like it is normally done, EG would have still played CLG.

Luck of the draw.

And madness don't start that shit again, I think you were already talked down on enough last time ;)

I'm salty about the fact that there aren't enough of the true top teams in the world in the event but let's not say anything about what is deserved. EG is only to blame for this placing.

When I say the other teams don't deserve more prize money I am only referring to skill level, they all put the work in but EG is simply a better team than all 4 of those from the other pools playing now... They were up against the beat team in the world in the quarters and as a result they will walk away with little cash.

They will be stealing the shampoo from the hotel for sure.

mo60

I hope the finals go past round 5 at least even with EG out, but I know it won't because CLG is a pretty powerful team.

brenda%2Bpopcorn.gif

this series for me

Top Bottom