• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

IHaveIce

Banned
My german dudes are so nervous and tired right now :( having to play against the best team off the bat.

Anima needs better mates. Buk's were also dragging down Jimbo, there should be a mixed EU team

They have a huge jetlag and weren't able to sleep. Penta was only formed like 1 month ago

Madness

i did watch a bit of mcc stuff on twitch

only new guy who super impressed me was named formal

does he still play halo

kid was amazing

Switched to Call of Duty where he's raking it in playing for OpTic. I'm curious to see where Halo is after this top heavy HWC. CoD world league and the money/popularity there could draw some more people away. Guys like Nadeshot, FormaL only tease about Halo, they would never leave what they have to come back.

YF0ogAu.jpg
B]

BraXzy

How good is Penta Sports? I get that they're playing CLG, but almost every single time the camera switched to a player he died.

I honestly know nothing about them. But yeah, both NA teams so far have been top 3 so no the best way to start.

That research!

Eh, not that bothered about vehicles. Disappointing that that is the pack pushed alongside this.

Strider

Whenever I use a vehicle in WZ it just gets destroyed really fast and is a waste... So I sold them all lol

Not buying that pack

blamite

Yeah, now would be a great time to bring back the HCS pack. Really strange that a vehicle pack comes out now, of all times.

IHaveIce

Banned
Sorry guys, I wasn't meaning any disrespect. I just didn't know.

Oh I didn#t want to sound rude, there is no surprise you don't know. They are literaly just formed for the HWC.

Only Anima was known for being the first to qualify for the Halo 4 1v2 championship.

The EU teams have to practise more with the US teams

Strider

They are good but CLG is better

Yea. IMO both EU teams are respectable (especially Epsilon) but the gap between the top 3 teams and everyone else is big so teams like Allegiance and CLG make them look shit even tho they aren't. I think the EU teams vs Dream team and Liquid will be interesting.

Yea. IMO both EU teams are respectable (especially Epsilon) but the gap between the top 3 teams and everyone else is big so teams like Allegiance and CLG make them look shit even tho they aren't. I think the EU teams vs Dream team and Liquid will be interesting.

Get ready too see my boys from Chosen Legacy!

Don't let me down

IHaveIce

Banned

EPSILON will beat dream team, I fear penta will not be able to win any series

Oh I didn#t want to sound rude, there is no surprise you don't know. They are literaly just formed for the HWC.

Only Anima was known for being the first to qualify for the Halo 4 1v2 championship.

The EU teams have to practise more with the US teams

No offence/disrespect felt don't worry!

I'd rather have a HCS pack V2. Some more new goodies. Keep exclusive timed stuff just that :p
All good. Thanks! I'm pretty green with the current pro scene in halo, but I'm enjoying the streams at work.

Glass

Lol that image Tawp.

The new pack's design is sexy af, and it's cool to have more options for people who want to sink more money in, but it's one I'm happy to pass one. Wonder if we'll see a customisation specific one in the future. Going forward, really need more packs like the HCS one with original items in. They better be working on HCS team skins. People would go nuts for them, and its free advertising for this huge cup they've put on.

BraXzy

Awesome. I'll keep for reference. Are these basically the very best teams right now?

Mainly yeah, these are the teams that qualified. Some teams missed out that are still up there though. CLG, EG and Allegiance are definitely top 3 right now though.

Perfection once again. Had to make a GIF of that.

ba70b869e98e6b662d5843a454fbb9c6.gif

You guys notice how the prize is still 2 mil? Shouldn't it be higher by now? Seems like 343 put some cap on lol.

I wish they'd just have a live counter on Waypoint somewhere. Not a fan of the generic bumps they give to the prize pool.

Hell yeah. I've gone off Liquid since Chig went to management and Ninja got dropped. So Renegades lets goooooo.
lol I matched with Chig twice in Warzone Assault yesterday and spent most of the matches bumping into him, standing in front of his shots and beeping Hogs for him to gun.

Maximum creeper troll bruv, sue me.

blamite

No offence/disrespect felt don't worry!

I'd rather have a HCS pack V2. Some more new goodies. Keep exclusive timed stuff just that :p

Ehhhhhh, some exclucivity is fine, but that pack seems a bit too exclusive right now. It has great potential as promotion for HCS, but it was available for what, like 3 days, months ago? At least bring it back on big tournament weekends. It'd be perfect for raising awareness/the prize pool when there's a specific event to drive the hype.

IHaveIce

Banned
Or the req pack sales slowed down :( I wanted to see it get to 3 mil but it hasn't even hit 2.5 yet.
Nah sales around christmans were heavy, saw a lot of streams opening 100 GOLD pack bundles bought by real money
I wish they'd just have a live counter on Waypoint somewhere. Not a fan of the generic bumps they give to the prize pool.

That would make too much sense BraXzy pls.

But it should be higher.

BraXzy

lol I matched with Chig twice in Warzone Assault yesterday and spent most of the matches bumping into him, standing in front of his shots and beeping Hogs for him to gun.

Maximum creeper troll bruv, sue me.

I'm a fan of his, subscribed on Twitch hehe, played a decent amount of Arena with him.

is naded still in the pro scene?

edit: flamesword any good?

He's leading the top seed and arguably number 1 team right now (Allegiance).

Ramirez

So there's nothing exclusive in that pack? Odd choice...all of he promotional packs should have something exclusive in them like the HCS pack.

Top Bottom