• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Madness

Fuck yes!

Let's go Renegades.

Did you watch the first online qualifier after ninja got dropped?

Renegades beat Liquid 50-23 in a plaza slayer, it was an absolute domination.

Yeah, but I mean this is arguably one of the largest stages for any of these people, an actual LAN not online tournament. X-Games, chance at a medal, even though prize only $30k. Ninja had been feeling pretty down after getting dropped from Liquid and then having Commonly bail to EG. They officially become Renegades and he dominates his old org with his official new one at X-Games. 19k viewers on twitch during 4pm pst/7pm est on a Thursday.

IHaveIce

Banned
Go back to europe Liquid
Simms.png

Dangit. Things got busy at work so i was only able to half pay attention to the Team Liquid/Renegades matches. Saw Ace try and pull his team back, but not enough.

belushy

Banned
I think Spartan and Victory X are the real duo.

Cloud, Commonly, Ninja, and StelluR mixed in there and each version of the team has done extremely well.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ninja "Like taking candy form a baby"

Don't worry though he said it jokingly.

Fucking amazing.

Next series should also be quick 3-0 sweep by EG

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
clearly i need to work on my nerd nades and nerd jumps.

OT 4 title?

E92 M3

Maybe they will reveal the new price pool at the end of the X GAMES tournament then ESPN will show that on TV and everyone will go crazy

That would be logical and generate hype for sure.

Or the req pack sales slowed down :( I wanted to see it get to 3 mil but it hasn't even hit 2.5 yet.

I'd say that's doubtful - hopefully they're not just hoarding hahah.

Mainly yeah, these are the teams that qualified. Some teams missed out that are still up there though. CLG, EG and Allegiance are definitely top 3 right now though.

Perfection once again. Had to make a GIF of that.

ba70b869e98e6b662d5843a454fbb9c6.gif

I wish they'd just have a live counter on Waypoint somewhere. Not a fan of the generic bumps they give to the prize pool.

Valve did that with Dota and I'd love to see it with Halo, but feel like 343 don't have a specific percentage in mind lol.

Trup1aya

Man, the presentation has been top notch. I guess it's the ESPN effect. They really inform the user of what goes on behind the scenes; which is a huge part of what makes this stuff interesting. I hope this quality carries over to online cups. There's no reason it can't if you ask me.

jem0208

Yup, and expected (outside of Liquid's sweep). 1st rounds of brackets are almost always lopsided.
The Liquid sweep wasn't really unexpected.

RNG are a damn good team who can hang with Allegiance, EG and CLG. Liquid are pretty mid tier at the moment.

Madness

Imagine how better it would've been to have more gametypes for Halo 5 already in terms of casual viewers and fans and bringing more to the series. Just Strongholds, CTF and Slayer etc.

singhr1

The Liquid sweep wasn't really unexpected.

RNG are a damn good team who can hang with Allegiance, EG and CLG. Liquid are pretty mid tier at the moment.

Depends on who you ask (like the casters thought it may go to 5 games), but definitely not now. It's just hard to know what a team is after such a short period of time. RNG proved themselves today on LAN and hopefully continue to do so this weekend.

JackHerer

Imagine how better it would've been to have more gametypes for Halo 5 already in terms of casual viewers and fans and bringing more to the series. Just Strongholds, CTF and Slayer etc.

Oddball would be great right about now. I would love to see what kind of setups these pros can come up with to hold the ball on these maps.

jem0208

Depends on who you ask (like the casters thought it may go to 5 games), but definitely not now. It's just hard to know what a team is after such a short period of time. RNG proved themselves today on LAN and hopefully continue to do so this weekend.
If you've been paying attention to scrims and the online tourneys it's been pretty obvious that RNG is clearly the better team.

Top Bottom