• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

I've been getting Riptide like every other game. I think it plays alright on strongholds, Nest feels like the pit on Empire almost though. Can't believe they released it without the name for one of the hills lmao. It's a nice change getting to use covenant weapons like the Beam Rifle. Slayer I think the spawns are just bad.

Computer

So excited for the X games. I have been a big fan of Halo esports for a long time. A few years ago Halo esports would be the last thing people would talk about in the Halo community thread. Now it is discussed on a daily basis. I hope the support will continue when the HWC is over.

BraXzy

I don't understand...

This Premium REQ bundle code someone gave me is only 10 digits long...where the hell do I input it?

Does anyone know where a possible 10 digit promo code for a REQ pack could be redeemed?

I totally meant onyx instead of bronze.. WOW...

im horrible

I shake my head in shame.

Thank god XGAMES will be streamed on twitch. Really excited, now we will see who can actually handle the pressure on LAN.

Oh snap yeah, I forgot it was a LAN event. This is gun be goooood!

Madness

So excited for the X games. I have been a big fan of Halo esports for a long time. A few years ago Halo esports would be the last thing people would talk about in the Halo community thread. Now it is discussed on a daily basis. I hope the support will continue when the HWC is over.

Here's hoping that they are looking at providing more special REQ's that can be sold to fund greater prize pools for tournaments. It's all fun and games to say that there is 2 million+ for a single tournament, but what will grow the scene, give legitimacy and longevity is to routinely have tournaments and events that are providing 30k, 50k, 100k+. This gives pros stability and the ability to make this a full time career. It also draws in other players. Why do guys like Nadeshot, Formal leave Halo for Call of Duty? It's because they can make more money for their careers. Right now, very few Halo pros only play Halo. Several have to work supplemental jobs. This provides them with little time to stream, make vlogs, scrim against others. This touches on what Optic Hecz said yesterday as well. The scene will only grow if the pros want it to. Bring in the viewers, make the content.

If you guys are running any customs, please give this one a go (4v4 max)

dOrMD5S.png

GaUbCc8.png

42jxkSN.png

cjWq1pY.png

XzIuK3m.png

dYgb6MA.png

dYgb6MA.png

qLerxfY.png

QTzUFJZ.png

pxUdQkH.png

gfvpsSV.png

d5Nb7DL.png

It's called Archive (alpha) in my bookmarks.

Madness

Breakout is definitely removed from X-Games, they just confirmed. Was that confirmed yet? Outside of HCS?

Yeah, they removed it from the HWC as well. EG/CLG definitely benefit because they struggled with Breakout. It's weird though, because several of the teams playing used Breakout wins to win series or to get into X-Games, into the HWC, win qualifiers and now it's removed altogether.

BraXzy

Damn those Allegiance jerseys are pretty cool. I love the logo.

I just noticed that, dope as hell.

For LANs is it live feed, or does it still have a delay? No idea how it works.

Yeah, they removed it from the HWC as well. EG/CLG definitely benefit because they struggled with Breakout. It's weird though, because several of the teams playing used Breakout wins to win series or to get into X-Games, into the HWC, win qualifiers and now it's removed altogether.

I think they literally just mentioned that about Epsilon, that they were real good at Breakout so it could screw them up in series'.

belushy

Banned
Its live, not using the spectator mode. Che just told me on twitter that it will be used for Regionals, though. No idea if it will see any improvements.

Madness

Damn, feels so good to see Halo without spectator mode again. Yeah losing the outlines kind of sucks as a viewer, but getting live feed of the actual player screens, no delay, no wonkiness is great.

Has anyone made any thread for this? Would be good to get the Halo name out there, X-Games Halo, get more viewers etc.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Tournament discussion going on in Discord right now.

Everyone, get in here!

Akai__

Seems like they finally realized that the Spectator Mode sucks, because it doesn't show stuff properly.

Tournament discussion going on in Discord right now.

Everyone, get in here!

We also have a Custom Twitch chat, so you don't need an extra tab/window whatever.

belushy

Banned
A new thread might be the better route. I added your OP to my thread, but if you guys want to make a new one I'm fine with it :)

singhr1

So every series is a Bo5 even in group play? That is a lot of Halo over the next few days...

Ohhhh yeahhh

Time Activity
1/28, 3:00 MT / 5:00 ET Day 1 Pregame Show
1/28, 3:30 MT / 5:30 ET Group A – Team Allegiance vs. Epsilon
1/28, 4:30 MT / 6:30 ET Group B – CLG vs. PENTA Sports
1/28, 5:30 MT / 7:30 ET Group A – Renegades vs. Team Liquid
1/28, 6:30 MT / 8:30 ET Group B – Evil Geniuses vs. Dream Team
1/29, 12:00 MT / 2:00 ET Day 2 Pregame Show
1/29, 12:30 MT / 2:30 ET Group A – Renegades vs. Epsilon
1/29, 1:30 MT / 3:30 ET Group B – Dream Team vs. PENTA Sports
1/29, 2:30 MT / 4:30 ET Group A – Team Allegiance vs. Team Liquid
1/29, 3:30 MT / 5:30 ET Group B – Evil Geniuses vs. CLG