• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

E92 M3

Get to Diamond and people start taking their K/D seriously. Tilting hard? Better not keep this -20 against my record.

I'm proud of my 1 DNF ever. Sometimes it's very tempting to quit when having a bad game. A few nights ago I was 1 vs 4 and still managed to get 1.2 kd lol

Madness

I never had a problem with quitters until I reached diamond... I don't get it.

I would probably play a hundred matches a day of Slayer, Team Arena if I knew that someone quitting on my team wouldn't penalize me, if I could mercy quit if I go down.

I just don't get it. I see people complaining that they got 2 hour quit bans, 8 hour quit bans. But why is it still so rampant if that's true? What is with the community that they can't stomach a loss, or forced to play a map they don't like?

I'm proud of my 1 DNF ever. Sometimes it's very tempting to quit when having a bad game. A few nights ago I was 1 vs 4 and still managed to get 1.2 kd lol
I'm ashamed to admit i quit out of a free-for-all game a few days ago. I don't normally quit out even if it hurts to stay until the end, but I was getting massacred left and right and had to quit before my head exploded. I think I was like 10 kills and 20 deaths. The dumbest crap kept happening left and right. I was either spawning in front of someone's gunfire, grenades, or running into the one person who had a power weapon over and over again. For that, I apologize gaf. I have let you down. At least on free-for-all, it doesn't hurt anybody but myself.

Trup1aya

It's so bad Diamond and on...I had a Slayer match today 5-7 and someone quits out.

I just lost a slayer match 50-48. We were down a man the whole game. It was heartbreaking because we had a lead until the last few kills. One guy got agressive and pushed unneccisarily...

I just figured that the higher up you go the less likely you'll run into quitters.

Madness

Warzone Assault sucks on solo, too.

Everything sucks.

NiESNxx.jpg
el5SUIu.jpg

BraXzy

It's going to take some time for me to get used to the paddles but this controller is fucking great.

Yay glad you like it. I definitely recommend Warzone and BTB till you're really used to it. You'll think you've got it down, and then you will panic and mess up. That means you aren't quite there yet.

I just lost a slayer match 50-48. We were down a man the whole game. It was heartbreaking because we had a lead until the last few kills. One guy got agressive and pushed unneccisarily...

I just figured that the higher up you go the less likely you'll run into quitters.

I once lead a 3v4 team into a steamroll slayer win, 50-30ish, the other team was so bad I can't even think about it. Oh well it's Gold/Plat.

Most of my quits are either disconnects (Chinese firewall yo) or 2v4/1v4s, the rest are my own fault out of frustration. I try to keep a good pace these days by stop queueing after a terrible loss, or put down the controller mid match for like 30 seconds after a frustrating death.

Trup1aya

Get to Diamond and people start taking their K/D seriously. Tilting hard? Better not keep this -20 against my record.

So what if you DNF the stats don't hurt you? What's crazy is that in each of these games we were winning. Shouldn't the W's count more than K/D? This is Halo, after all...

BraXzy

So what if you DNF the stats don't hurt you? What's crazy is that in each of these games we were winning. Shouldn't the W's count more than K/D? This is Halo, after all...

I don't think so. It could also be disconnects but if you're getting it a lot I'm not sure :/

Trup1aya

I don't think so. It could also be disconnects but if you're getting it a lot I'm not sure :/

It's possibly disconnections, I just find it unlikely that I end up in the team with the dial-up folks every time. There was nothing to indicate my opponents were in a TO4 or anything like that.

BraXzy

How many bronze packs are needed to finish that tier?

According to the Reddit guide, if you have never opened a REQ pack in your life.. You need to open roughly 232 bronze packs based on a 50% they drop something permanent. And I believe this has been updated to include the recent update.

b7a2014964caeee6e8a3c6c5fe0eceee.png

Madness

Well ... I have enough for 80 bronze packs, so ... we're about to find out LOL

I'd probably just buy Silvers and be guaranteed the permanent unlocks rather than risk getting 1 shitty common and a thousand mongoose and needlers. But post how you did. How many Commons left for you to finish?

According to the Reddit guide, if you have never opened a REQ pack in your life, roughly 232 based on a 50% they drop something permanent.

b7a2014964caeee6e8a3c6c5fe0eceee.png

Jesus christ I hope there is a way to check the total number of packs bought. Well still got 30k ish points, gonna keep spamming Bronze.

BraXzy

I'd probably just buy Silvers and be guaranteed the permanent unlocks rather than risk getting 1 shitty common and a thousand mongoose and needlers. But post how you did. How many Commons left for you to finish?

Jesus christ I hope there is a way to check the total number of packs bought. Well still got 30k ish points, gonna keep spamming Bronze.

So many Mister Chiefs, so little time.

I believe you can use the doc sheet to track your progress if you so wished and figure out exactly how many you needed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...TCIGhKh2S8fwSQxwhreYsG0TWY/edit#gid=639058737

Wait, there are certain things that only Bronze packs unlock? I've been ignoring Bronze and just been opening Silvers.

No, but it is a waste of req points if you just open silvers, the most efficient way is using bronze packs to get all common reqs so your silver will only contain uncommons and rares, then use the same way to finish uncommons and rares so your gold only contain ultra rares and legendaries.

Madness

Is the new REQ pack worth it if I still need to get certifications?

I'd wait till you get at least most of the scout warthogs, gungoose stuff out of the way. Would suck if you spent that money and got an Urban Gungoose rare or something. It's good for people trying to go for things like Mantis, Phaeton, the better Banshees and Wraiths.

You know, most of the time my performance in this game is nothing to write home about. Sometimes, though, I just have one of those games. I'm in the zone.
Earlier today I had a game of Strongholds on Eden. Near the start of the match we had a quitter so it was 3v4 and not in our favor. That's usually a death sentence in Strongholds, the enemy was already halfway to victory and we were lagging way behind less than a quarter.

Then somehow I just went fucking beast mode. It got to the point that the enemies started panicking when they saw me coming and started cussing into the mic. "Oh fuck its him," "Oh SHIT!"
We caught up faster and faster until we passed them up and they all started chattering about me to each other in a panic.

In the end they managed to retake the lead and win 100 to 91. But I feel like a winner for getting that far. I laughed when I looked at the stats and my KDA was 14.

Got to Plat today and I end tonight as Plat 3. :)

Nothing stops this train.

Congrats, ranks are fun.

Booted my son off my GT to his own and went from Plat 1 to Diamond 4 in a few nights ;)

Still took the other HaloGAFfers Warzone tip and let my son farm REQ points, cheers again for that!

jfoul

343i needs to increase RP pay outs for all modes. As of right now, I'm at 499 hours played. Even with a micro-transaction system in place, the time sink shouldn't be this intense. I've played an unhealthy amount of Halo 5 because of my obsession with getting all unlocks. Any normal person isn't going to come close to what I have without spending real money. I'm guessing it will take around 600-700 hours to get all of the current unlocks. Increase that estimate if you aren't mostly grinding out Warzone Assault.

My current collection
  • Customization: 75%
  • Loadout: 79%
  • Power Weapons and Vehicles: 87%

Took about 52K (80 someish bronze packs), but I finished off the commons and managed to squeeze 10 silvers out as well.

Notable grabs, Speed Boost III and ONI Warthhog

Madness

Took about 52K (80 someish bronze packs), but I finished off the commons and managed to squeeze 10 silvers out as well.

Notable grabs, Speed Boost III and ONI Warthhog

What was the rate of unlocks for the bronze packs? Meaning how often did a permanent come up? Just curious.

What was the rate of unlocks for the bronze packs? Meaning how often did a permanent come up? Just curious.

The spreadsheet uses a estimate of 50% but from my experience it is lower than that, I barely get any certs now from bronzes and maybe a piece of armor once per 3 packs.

343i needs to increase RP pay outs for all modes. As of right now, I'm at 499 hours played. Even with a micro-transaction system in place, the time sink shouldn't be this intense. I've played an unhealthy amount of Halo 5 because of my obsession with getting all unlocks. Any normal person isn't going to come close to what I have without spending real money. I'm guessing it will take around 600-700 hours to get all of the current unlocks. Increase that estimate if you aren't mostly grinding out Warzone Assault.

My current collection
  • Customization: 75%
  • Loadout: 79%
  • Power Weapons and Vehicles: 87%

Are you seeing these hours in game or xbox stats?

Just watched EG vs Dream team... Love the move by snipedown when he slid past to steal the flag right before the other team ground pounded the cap, they still scored in the end but what a play!

jfoul

That could change everything. See playtime in game (maybe at waypoint?) and then you can take your own conclusions
Not saying you don't have a lot of hours put into the game, but that clock isn't precise

• SR121
  • MULTIPLAYER PLAYTIME: 12.06:45:10
  • MULTIPLAYER GAMES COMPLETED: 1696
  • CAMPAIGN PLAYTIME: 20:56:40

Roughly 315 hours total play time going by waypoint.

Top Bottom