• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Tawpgun

5kYxjYk.jpg

Thats pretty cool to see it on espn for sure.

Did they also have a stream on youtube??? I cant remember and does anyone know the exact viewership??

Thats pretty cool to see it on espn for sure.

Did they also have a stream on youtube??? I cant remember and does anyone know the exact viewership??

I don't know about YT but what I know is that it was on Twitch, MLG.TV and ESPN Watch + the highlights on ESPN 3 this was the max number of viewers on Twitch:

z6B5vo9.png

Anyone knows Naded's config??

I think he has some amazing juke moves. Especially while in air.

Edit:
I should make a new accnt

Plz Understand G0SU

I don't know about YT but what I know is that it was on Twitch, MLG.TV and ESPN Watch + the highlights on ESPN 3 this was the max number of viewers on Twitch:

z6B5vo9.png

Man that's a goood number. Hope it keeps up like that with future tournys n etc.

How did h2a do?

Trup1aya

You know what grinds my gears about The current EG v Lethul thing.

If CLG woulda won, Lethul would be all "see i made the right choice"

But he lost so he's all "it's just one cup, and it's not the one that matters"

Just don't talk.

And watch your face next time!

Strider

Yea.

Team Arena playlist is total garbage solo. I remember why I never queue for this playlist now.

Sucks because I love obj game types :(

Ramirez

Yea.

Team Arena playlist is total garbage solo. I remember why I never queue for this playlist now.

I must have good luck, I rarely ever get quitters or people who are completely clueless when I solo Arena, which is prolly 50% of my matches last season, lol.

Madness

You know what grinds my gears about The current EG v Lethul thing.

If CLG woulda won, Lethul would be all "see i made the right choice"

But he lost so he's all "it's just one cup, and it's not the one that matters"

Just don't talk.

And watch your face next time!

Mentally it's fucking with him FAR more than he's letting on. His former team, which was really dominant and hadn't dropped a scrim, and only barely lost the last qualifier, hadn't played a Halo 5 LAN yet. He easily thought he was the best player and bolted. But now, all that trash talk, his former team beats him, wins Gold medals in the first ever Halo at X-Games tournament and almost $15k cash in prize money. End goal is still HWC and CLG still look like the team to beat, but I bet they're all going to go home, grind like crazy.

RoyBox twins showed that come LAN time they have it. And for all the salt Ninja gave to Commonly, he showed he was a great pickup for EG to replace Lethul. Can't wait to see how the grind plays out now. Naded definitely not happy with just bronze, Suspector was playing lights out as well. Liquid going to regroup, Renegades now that they have full org support and roster down should grind as well, too inconsistent. If Ninja plays well, Spartan ends up playing poorly etc.

Strider

I must have good luck, I rarely ever get quitters or people who are completely clueless when I solo Arena, which is prolly 50% of my matches last season, lol.

Where you Onyx already when you queued solo? Feel like that would make things better. Less quitters, afkers, etc there from my experience.

I got placed in Diamond and It's tougher ranking up in obj types than slayer to me. Gotta out slay the enemy team + more.

I mean I'm a believer in if you're good enough you'll rise ranks solo queue or not buuuut I'm not good enough to do it in obj types

Ramirez

Where you Onyx already when you queued solo? Feel like that would make things better

I got placed in Diamond and It's tougher ranking up in obj types than slayer to me. Gotta out slay the enemy team + more. Much tougher to fight through quitters, team shooters, afkers etc.

Yea, it gave me Onyx from the start.

GTSweet

Neo Member
Yea.

Arena breakout ruins that playlist.

When Assault/Ball mode comes out next month, need a full Team Objective Ranked playlist. Strongholds is great, CTF is king and Assault to round it out.

Computer

What a night to be a Halo esports fan. They showed everyone why Halo is still king. I feel like the sky is the limit for Halo right now.

I'd imagine LODing anims the way Halo 5 does helps reduce load and keep things smooth. It's a small but worthy sacrifice.

I know, but Halo 5 doesn't have great visuals, at least in MP.( as much as I like them)
I understand the decision on SP, but maybe I'm wrong and it was necessary on MP too. Or maybe the engine was already programmed for being this way.

I know, but Halo 5 doesn't have great visuals, at least in MP.( as much as I like them)
I understand the decision on SP, but maybe I'm wrong and it was necessary on MP too. Or maybe the engine was already programmed for being this way.

Itll be more of a mystery but to have a constant 60fps engine with a dynamic res is amazing.

We cant have everything with limited hardware. They showed us their pre-alpha goal of how spartans could look... and well that changed a lot.

Itll be more of a mystery but to have a constant 60fps engine with a dynamic res is amazing.

We cant have everything with limited hardware. They showed us their pre-alpha goal of how spartans could look... and well that changed a lot.

Do you guys think that is time for a new engine? Halo still uses BLAM modified If I'm right

Do you guys think that is time for a new engine? Halo still uses BLAM modified If I'm right

I used to.. But they did soooo much with this one to hit that 60fps, i Doubt they want to scrap it already.

Maybe on the next xbox theyll def have to make a new one. Ppl complained about the graphics and their goal was to have graphics at 11, according to a sprint episode that detailed meeting notes.

Bet a small team behind closed doors are building a new one for dx12 and future iterations right now.

Halo 5 just plays so fucking good. So good.... Sooooooo gooooooooood.

BraXzy

Before I head to bed I just wanna say bravo to 343 and MLG and ESPN and anyone who worked on the tournament whether behind the scenes or casting. Really well done overall :D

Ya dun gud.

Before I head to bed I just wanna say bravo to 343 and MLG and ESPN and anyone who worked on the tournament whether behind the scenes or casting. Really well done overall :D

Ya dun gud.

Maybe have some different casters. But then again who knows halo 5 like the back of their hand and could comment on plays really well?

I think bravo does a good job casting.

We need those hyped japanese announcers like ninja warrior :p

BraXzy

Maybe have some different casters. But then again who knows halo 5 like the back of their hand and could comment on plays really well?

I think bravo does a good job casting.

We need those hyped japanese announcers like ninja warrior :p

Main things that stuck out as room for improvement was definitely more variety. With casters, with replays, with intermission VT's.

If you were following the whole thing a lot of it got so repetitive while you waited. And yeah more casters is always a good thing. Elamite and Bravo were my favourite.

Main things that stuck out as room for improvement was definitely more variety. With casters, with replays, with intermission VT's.

If you were following the whole thing a lot of it got so repetitive while you waited. And yeah more casters is always a good thing. Elamite and Bravo were my favourite.

I want to see a caster get so excitrd he gets up out of his chair and only says " i cant believe it! " with his hands on his head

Strider

Best setup for casters is one person that is knowledgable about the game and can break down plays and movements and another that just brings the hype. Benson was getting hate but he added to moments like Royal 2s triple kill by going nuts when it happened... I can appreciate that lol

I love Bravo and Walshy did fine. I'm not much of a fan of Elamite or whatever his name is tho.

60 fps is more important than the rest, i know, but i think they could have done better in some parts, at least in Arena, but as I said, it would take muchhh more time just tuning the animations for one mode.

BraXzy

I love Bravo and Walshy did fine. I'm not much of a fan of Elamite or whatever his name is tho.

Yeah best pairings are one hype caster who has good overall game knowledge and who is likable, paired with an analyst of sorts who can really break down the play/know key facts about players that the hype caster can ask about and get insight.

TCKaos

I figured that since Halo is on ESPN then that makes me an actual athlete just like my dad always wanted, so I made a mini-montage to celebrate.

Here you go.

First time doing this sort of thing so be gentle.

Top Bottom