• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

d8rfv6I.png

Madness

LMAO But he tweeted it was a great series ;)

He is just a troll.

That's actually his mom I think, because she was saying things in the chat while they were playing too.

He is a troll for sure, and he'll bounce back and I think CLG is still the team to beat, but mentally he's a wreck inside now. The very team he left thinking he had a better shot at worlds with, just took $30k and the first ever Halo X-Games Gold. Going to be a lot of nights grinding now.

Edit: who knows who it is. But man what an event. Best Halo I've seen in a long time.

IHaveIce

Banned
This was the best Halo to watch in a long time. So much better to watch than H2A.

I love it.

I'm gonna be there locally for the European Regional finals next weekend. And NA finals + Worlds will be even crazier. What a pleasure to have a great game as H5 for this

Madness

For all the shit 343 gets sometimes, Strongholds has been perfect for pro play. Some of the best matches I've seen were the Strongholds matches which were nonstop action and tension.

Though I do hope we get some more objectives like Oddball in, in time for the HWC. I wonder if they're also looking at incorporating Overgrowth and Riptide as well after making some weapon changes. I think a lot of pros also ccomplained about Empire Strongholds, so here's hoping they work with them to see what works better.

jem0208

Fantatsic final series. Good tourney overall with some very clutch moments.

Shame about how RNG played.

Also automatics were used faaaaar too often, it's just not as entertaining to watch or play. Plz nerf 343.

Glass

I still don't mind the autos, they're only used in close up fights and those are some of the most exciting ones to watch with all the dukes you can pull off in 5.

Madness

I literally quit my first game in Halo 5 right now. Don't even care. Slayer on Plaza match, one guy AFK on start on team, who went 0-5 before booted, the other two guys 0-7 to start off. Fuck these kinds of teams and matchups.

I literally quit my first game in Halo 5 right now. Don't even care. Slayer on Plaza match, one guy AFK on start on team, who went 0-5 before booted, the other two guys 0-7 to start off. Fuck these kinds of teams and matchups.

This has been my one hurdle in enjoying Halo 5. Shit sucks.

Madness

This has been my one hurdle in enjoying Halo 5. Shit sucks.

I could stomach the fact I got some noobs who literally ran over overshield and didn't know to pick it up, but the AFK guy gave up too many kills before he was booted, along with screwing up our spawns. One of my teammates even sees me strip shields of Sniper and then die, and all he has to do is one shot him, but he runs away.

And the thing is, I get its my first quit, but I literally got zero penalty, no rank hit, no req hit, or even time ban. Obviously whatever penalties they have aren't harsh enough.

Where are your assassinations boyyyzzz?
I did 3 today!! Let's griiinddd!!

I had two Yoinked from me yesterday in Warzone. All that's in my head when I play is to go for things like sniping people out of ghosts, shooting people trying to hijack tanks and whatnot, or trying to assassinate people to get the company commendations up.

Strider

And the thing is, I get its my first quit, but I literally got zero penalty, no rank hit, no req hit, or even time ban. Obviously whatever penalties they have aren't harsh enough.

The rank hit after a quit doesnt show up right away but it's more for quitting than just losing.

--

I think Strongholds is the worst game type to play with randoms. I swear some people throw out any concern of map control, power weapons, power ups, etc. They just blindly attempt to capture whatever base(s) that the enemy has lol

Anyway so no one wants to try and form a team for arena tonight? I'll probably be playing for another hour or 2

Top Bottom