• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

That's exactly what I was concerned about. People DO actually care about K/D ratio. It's sad to see halo community embrace that shit.

Instead we should get a "Matches completed/matches quit" statistic, right there where K/D used to be.

My Halo 5 K.D. is 1.2, apparently, which falls pretty much in line with what I had in Reach and 3.

Poster#1

BR variants > Basic DMR, especially the longshot ones or the silenced ones.
DMR > BR
but you are right about BR variants are better. Other DMR variants are ultra rare and legendary. FUCK.
Instead we should get a "Matches completed/matches quit" statistic, right there where K/D used to be.
I'm totally on board with this idea. Wins/Loses also work.

Fuck. I have been hovering around 0.97 for absolute ages, can't seem to break past it with the EU lagginess. Win % sits firmly at 51 tho
Win % is way better metric than K/D ratio. It means you are a team player.

OverHeat

« generous god »
H2 BR = godly in WZ
Got it last night
2vjzhpj.jpg

bchamba

Haven't experienced lag like last night in a long time. My spartan was playing with me like I was a dog and would fake throw grenades and then actually throw them a couple seconds later.

Also when the hell am I going to be able to see my TOD and medals in the post game stats??

at the end of two of my games, our team won and as soon as it said victory, the game booted back to the arena screen and said I was banned for 30 minutes. Admittedly I had quit a game tonight because of a super laggy connection but the other two times weren't my fault. Has it happened to anyone else?

im_dany

at the end of two of my games, our team won and as soon as it said victory, the game booted back to the arena screen and said I was banned for 30 minutes. Admittedly I had quit a game tonight because of a super laggy connection but the other two times weren't my fault. Has it happened to anyone else?
I quit a 1v4 match like a month ago and the next match I was booted after it ended and banned, but it didn't tell me for how many minutes (or I didn't notice).

Likely due to that quit game, I believe quitting after the game is over does not count as a quit. I always leave lost game early after it ended but before the winning team posing, and was never banned for it.

I quit a 1v4 match like a month ago and the next match I was booted after it ended and banned, but it didn't tell me for how many minutes (or I didn't notice).

Yeah it just happened to me. We lost and at the end when the Spartans are posing, it kicks me a says you have lost connection to the server. Then it said I've been banned. It's only for eight minutes, so it's whatever.

I knew it was going to catch up eventually, I quit one game yesterday and one during my matches today. First match was 2v4, so I quit. The match a couple of minutes ago was 3v4 and someone was 2-9 on my team, so I just quit that one too.

Ryde3

I def feel like the past week or so, the lag has been noticeable. I'm in Canada and have had generally zero latency issues, but things have felt off lately.

BraXzy

I'd be pissed if any of the pros got mad. They should be welcoming old gametypes.

I could understand why they potentially would. There's $2 million+ on the line and they won't have as much time scrim the new modes, figure out starts, get things down to a T. If they lost an oddball match and went out, because they aren't as well practiced on it, I'd understand.

Yea probably right but idk stuff needs to be added to breakout or else it will die soon as a playlist. But overall I got a problem with slayer being in an objective type playlist.

I'll keep Breakout alive don't worry about it ;)

Didn't Quinn put random teleporters on all the Arena maps in response to all the community feedback?

Thanks for checking out my map yesterday btw. The square cover at 45 degrees to allow players to bounce off was a great suggestion. Any other thoughts if you remember it, that I might have missed?

Legit can on my other account help you get out of the trenches at some point though. If you want.

I just want to get over this hump of plat 6. I'm tired of playing roulette if my teammates will stay or not have 0 kills during the first half. At least with one other person, we can tag team and double teabag when necessary.

Maybe im being a little impatient :p

Ryde3

I was a legit 50 in H3, only in Team Slayer though. Got to 46 I think max in MLG.

I never had an OG Xbox so only played H2 online at friends. Didn't realize there were that many cheaters.

Ah man SO many cheaters, aim-bots, spawning vehicles in arena maps, stand-bying by pulling their modem for a moment.

I had gotten a legit 45 in Halo 2 Doubles, think I was a 43 in Slayer. Can't remember my ranking in H3, Reach or H4, the system wasn't as meaningful to me.

BraXzy

I just want to get over this hump of plat 6. I'm tired of playing roulette if my teammates will stay or not have 0 kills during the first half. At least with one other person, we can tag team and double teabag when necessary.

Maybe im being a little impatient :p

I can try my best, next time you're on lemme know.

link1201

I def feel like the past week or so, the lag has been noticeable. I'm in Canada and have had generally zero latency issues, but things have felt off lately.
I'm in the middle of the U.S., however for the past week it's been crap...last night wasn't as bad though only had the chance to play a few games though.

Yeah, i believe the stream will happen on the 19th.

I think they already have a blog about the REQ Arena pack on halowaypoint so i dont see any necessary haste to have the stream show it off :p

Can't wait for this update though. I feel pretty pumped up.

Leyasu

Banned

I'm in the middle of the U.S., however for the past week it's been crap...last night wasn't as bad though only had the chance to play a few games though.

I noticed around a week ago also that something had changed.. Not for the better either. This is what happens when instead of lowering the ping ceiling, they waste time trying to paper over the cracks!! It's fucking beyond belief the hoops that they will jump through to avoid giving us any sort of control over it...

Saying that though, last night for me was like a dream server wise.... I still got reamed a few times, but atleast it was down to skill and not bullshit!

By the way lieutenants, I'm not going to be available to grind until Monday because of family reasons unfortunately.

Leyasu

Banned
Cool. Placed plat 6. Just hard to determine if ppl will quit or not when you solo que.

Fun times. My "xbox record that" isnt working

Guy tried to run away in fathom. I sprint slide through crack and then meleed him to finish him off. Was pretty cool to me.

I got plat 5, where you at in the world?? If you are in the EU the hit me up

NOKYARD

Thanks for checking out my map yesterday btw. The square cover at 45 degrees to allow players to bounce off was a great suggestion. Any other thoughts if you remember it, that I might have missed?

Just do the same with similar pieces including the Invis block. The Grav Lifts could be moved in a bit or lowered. They seem too disconnected from the rest of the map and it's annoying that you have to clamber to get to them.

Also, someone's 'guest' flipped a few tables in my stream yesterday. 2:11:30, and 2:14:44. Later i jokingly invited him to be my co-host. I love my job.

This game made me happy, not because it was a close game, but that quitter got what he deserved. He was pretty much useless the whole game. All he did was hide in a corner and try to bait us, hence why his score was so low. Near the end the score was 43-48, he quits because he thinks we are going to lose, but we come back and win. Feels good, fuck that guy seriously. I hate players like that.

Just do the same with similar pieces including the Invis block. The Grav Lifts could be moved in a bit or lowered. They seem too disconnected from the rest of the map and it's annoying that you have to clamber to get to them.

Also, someone's 'guest' flipped a few tables in my stream yesterday. 2:11:30, and 2:14:44. Later i jokingly invited him to be my co-host. I love my job.

Loved watching the stream yesterday Nokyard - any feedback or critique on The Archive? :)

Caja 117

Yea probably right but idk stuff needs to be added to breakout or else it will die soon as a playlist. But overall I got a problem with slayer being in an objective type playlist.

Its trying to replicate the pro competition, that have the roots on MLG, so Slayer is rightfully so there and feels in place, unlike breakout. now, if they would just get rid of the radar....

It's fun in its own little corner not littering the Arena playlist

Agree, Breakout just feels out of place in the Arena playlist.

NOKYARD

Loved watching the stream yesterday Nokyard - any feedback or critique on The Archive? :)

Needs more rabbit holes.

The lower hallway could be wider to make it more of a play space, or at least shorten it up so you can pass through a bit quicker. It seemed like a long way to go to get the power weapon stored there, and it took you out of the action for too long. Maybe make it one large curved corridor with a glass center so you can see players in there, or a slightly smaller version of the Famine Skull location in the campaign.

Caja 117

I could understand why they potentially would. There's $2 million+ on the line and they won't have as much time scrim the new modes, figure out starts, get things down to a T. If they lost an oddball match and went out, because they aren't as well practiced on it, I'd understand.

depends on the timeframe between implementation and the Competition, in MLG pro players had maybe 2 months to practice new versions.

schlew

Its trying to replicate the pro competition, that have the roots on MLG, so Slayer is rightfully so there and feels in place, unlike breakout. now, if they would just get rid of the radar....

Agree, Breakout just feels out of place in the Arena playlist.

I enjoy Breakout, very much in fact. And while I enjoy it popping up I'm the objective playlist, I'd be happy to see it go if only to cut down on the number of quitters. Breakout is poison in that playlist, and folks drop from the outset or just go AFK or straight up shoot teammates. If kicking it out of objectives is what it takes to limit that than so be it (that or punish quitters much more severely).

BraXzy

Oh god, yeah I was still watching when that happened. I was pretty.. I was pretty scared. I thought he was messing about and you guys knew him or something but.. yeah. Interesting fella. He thanked me for following in your chat (I didn't follow), but I figured I'd better not bring that fact up lmao.

Yeah I'll make sure any square blocks are adjusted. I'll double check my player boundaries everywhere too. The grav lift segments either side are jumpable without clambering but I might have to lower them slightly. The idea is that you can either jump up to mid level or use the grav lift, so it connects all three tiers.

Top Bottom