• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Next update will probably be the CE Pistol, right? Seeing as how I've finished with the new Silvers and was working on Golds again, might as well start saving for the next batch of Silvers. I wish I would've started this past update with a batch of REQ points to use for that reason, getting the Silvers out of the way quickly to unlock the H2 BR sooner.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Next update will probably be the CE Pistol, right? Seeing as how I've finished with the new Silvers and was working on Golds again, might as well start saving for the next batch of Silvers. I wish I would've started this past update with a batch of REQ points to use for that reason, getting the Silvers out of the way quickly to unlock the H2 BR sooner.

I literally finished my silvers when the Armory came out and I was salty I had to do it again. lol

BraXzy

I have a feeling it will be. But then again, this next update is Griffball. So they might make the feature weapon the Grav Hammer and leave it at that.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. This is a solid break down

I agree.

I don't know how I feel about it entirely. Need to play on it more to form an opinion for myself. I've only played it 3 teams in arena.

I don't favor overgrowth as much and I wonder if it'll be the same for this map.

I actually never really been that good in Halo.

H2: Never played it online.

H3: Commander, Grade 2 (38). I actually didn't play it that much, CoD 4 took up all my time.

Reach: Hero rank and made it to Onyx for a few seasons.

H4: Only SR 56, I quit before the CSR system came out.

MCC: 23, but that game was a mess! My rank reset multiple times so I just gave up.

H5: Onyx preseason. Mostly Diamond now, trying for Onyx again.

Strider

Whatever changes they made definitely making the game worse for me :( players teleporting in a significant number of matches now. It's... unfortunate

The most meaningless rank of all Halo games. A complete mess multiplayer wise.

Yeah it was disappointing, I even put almost six days of playtime into that broken ass game.

Whatever changes they made definitely making the game worse for me :( players teleporting in a significant number of matches now. It's... unfortunate

There has definitely has been more lag and teleporting in my games. Seems like whatever they did made NA more of a mess. There was one time I was already around a corner and I still got killed by a sniper. This has never happen to me before in this game.

BizzyBum

What are people's opinions on Riptide?

Much better than Overgrowth, but then again what isn't?

There's still a few problems I find with it. It seems all the fighting gravitates towards the middle of the map where the H2 BR is and it's a very CQC map. I'm hoping the new maps that aren't remixed are more open like past Halo games.

Strider

There has definitely has been more lag and teleporting in my games. Seems like whatever they did made NA more of a mess.

Yea :/ I just want it to go back to however it was at launch the game played so well for me then.

It was still solid for the most part before this most recent update but the past couple nights have been really poor.

Out of my 10 games today I'm pretty sure 4 of them were on riptide if not more. Its definitely being given a higher weighting in the slayer playlist. Also, where is the halo 2 br? I completely forgot to even look for it... I think riptide is alright. Lots of nooks and crannies for the solo player to survive and thrive.

Out of my 10 games today I'm pretty sure 4 of them were on riptide if not more. Its definitely being given a higher weighting in the slayer playlist. Also, where is the halo 2 br? I completely forgot to even look for it... I think riptide is alright. Lots of nooks and crannies for the solo player to survive and thrive.

Look across the Fuel Rod, up on the ridge to the opposite side of the wall.

link1201

I'm really glad I'm not the only one having server issues maybe it'll mean that it will get fixed sooner rather than later.

Madness

I think so, only because it was developed a while ago based on that Sprint video we saw. Plus that new REQ pack kind of shows a new magnum in the new stance in the background.

Then again, maybe they want to hold it for March if this month's updates are the 'Ball' stuff like oddball, grifball, Assault, new space map, and the gravity hammer seems like it's the new 'weapon' for this update like the H2 BR was last month.

Welp at least it is progress
ykUUIl9.jpg

BizzyBum

The solo struggle is too much. I'm never going to rank up from Platinum.

Why the hell didn't 343i add the option to team up with players after a game ends if you're running solo? Sometimes I play with a good team where we curb stomp someone and I would like the chance to stick with them if possible. Such an asinine omission.

At least you're improving. Mine has actually been getting lower.

AuJolqV.png
Youve got so much data! I haven't played nearly as much. I would attribute your results to playing against increasingly harder competition where mine has been basically the same, so i have no excuse lol. I never have time to play with people but I want people to feel comfortable inviting me to a party if I ever get more time.

Madness

At least you're improving. Mine has actually been getting lower.

AuJolqV.png

Are you playing at Onyx/Diamond? At those levels, almost every single person I've tracked has gone down which is natural. Whereas most gold, platinums have gone up. I'm just happy that I've gone up quite a bit in my K/D, KDA since launch. As long as I'm improving, always a win for me.

If there is something I'm actually fairly good at in Halo, that is staying alive lol, even I can't get a lot of kills I usually have the least amount of deaths on the team.

KD wise I'm fairly consistent against Gold/Plats, maybe it'll go down once I (hopefully) move up to plat this season.

Madness

I actually like Riptide, but like most maps of Halo 5, it's very claustrophobic feeling, corridors and small rooms, limited ceiling and sight lines. Don't know, a lot of maps feel closed/walled off.

Are you playing at Onyx/Diamond? At those levels, almost every single person I've tracked has gone down which is natural. Whereas most gold, platinums have gone up. I'm just happy that I've gone up quite a bit in my K/D, KDA since launch. As long as I'm improving, always a win for me.

I mostly play against Diamond and Onyx, sometimes against higher ranked Plats. However, I guess it makes sense in the long run. If you're playing against people your skill level or better, your k/d should be closer to one.

I mostly play against Diamond and Onyx, sometimes against higher ranked Plats. However, I guess it makes sense in the long run. If you're playing against people your skill level or better, your k/d should be closer to one.

That is true for Slayer but not necessarily for Team Arena.

I was a legit 50 in H3, only in Team Slayer though. Got to 46 I think max in MLG.

I never had an OG Xbox so only played H2 online at friends. Didn't realize there were that many cheaters.

E92 M3

Lol, I know that it's a remix, which I'm okay with in theory, but in this case I feel that it's a little too cobbled together for my tastes.

It really is. My favorite part is the sunny beach outside - wish they would have at least blew the roof off lol.

Top Bottom