• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

Fotos

HjXwmiv.png

Over 7.5 days played and I didn't get any better :/ disappointed

BraXzy

Yay! Finally done with Silvers again till next update, need to get me some Golds so I can get me that H2 BR cert before the REQ pool is flooded with more commons lmao.

BizzyBum

Nice, got the eagle AR skin from a silver.

Like others mentioned though these servers the past few night have been ass. 343i gotta do something. Feels like my aim is worse. I blame it on the game.

Cool. Placed plat 6. Just hard to determine if ppl will quit or not when you solo que.

Fun times. My "xbox record that" isnt working

Guy tried to run away in fathom. I sprint slide through crack and then meleed him to finish him off. Was pretty cool to me.

Mine only works half the time, don't forget you can double tap the Xbox button and press X in the menu.

And then when that doesn't work because the UI is a pain, dashboard, tab left and do it that way.

Yeah but the xbox button is so slow for me now.
Never registers the double tab fast enough and then just ends up taking me to the dash as i stand there in game for 10+seconds.

:((((

It used to be so much quicker before the nxoe imo.

I just dont understand why the xbox button is a lot slower to respond for me versus before. Does this on all controllers i have. Especially annoying when tv pops up on boot and i hit it.. Wait 3 seconds. Hit it again.. Wait some more. Then it catches up with my presses getting all jank. Lol

Carry me to diamond? Thnx

BraXzy

Yeah but the xbox button is so slow for me now.
Never registers the double tab fast enough and then just ends up taking me to the dash as i stand there in game for 10+seconds.

Carry me to diamond? Thnx

Yeah I really don't get it. UI is still sluggish as hell which is unfortunate.

I charge £35, I'll get you to 50 no sweat. MLG + Lone Wolves £50.

BraXzy

I'm assuming they're just going to remove it when Assault and Oddball get here.

That makes sense, but then, Team Arena is supposed to be HCS settings right? So who knows. Idk if they'd add those modes into the mix if pro's aren't happy about it.

Can they please put it in breakout because that would be cool and good for the people that don't mind breakout or arena breakout.

No no nooo. I'm happy with Breakout as is, leave this for Weekend/Fiesta playlists.

That makes sense, but then, Team Arena is supposed to be HCS settings right? So who knows. Idk if they'd add those modes into the mix if pro's aren't happy about it.

No no nooo. I'm happy with Breakout as is, leave this for Weekend/Fiesta playlists.

I'd be pissed if any of the pros got mad. They should be welcoming old gametypes.

Madness

I demand Slayer also be removed.

That would just kill the Playlist off. Removing Breakout makes sense since Team Arena is supposed to be representative of the HCS/HWC/Pro Play, but they still play Slayer.

Maybe once Oddball, Assault and other game types come, Team Arena can become Team Objective but I don't know, they've never done well when advertised as only Objective.

THRILLH0

Banned
Why do people hate Arena Breakout so much?

Played my first couple of matches on Regret last night and it was a nice change from the shitload of Riptide slayer I'd been drawing the last few nights.

Sure that particular map can be capped in about 15 seconds but we still went down to a tense 9th round.

What IN THE FUCK happened to the game from weekend until now?

Arena became basically unplayable for me due to excruciating lag.

I'm from Europe, been playing since launch, I think I have about 700 matches online and this is the first time I'm teleporting all over the map like a fucking Star Trek character. Had about 4 matches of slayer and it was the same, most of the time I couldn't even see who killed me....

My internet connection is fine, I checked everything: 0 packet loss, 550 Mbps download, 200 Mbps upload, NAT open.

Anyone else form Europe with the same issues these past few days??

nice change from the shitload of Riptide slayer I'd been drawing the last few nights.

This too......All my matches were Riptide, 4 in a row. Jesus Christ...

I literally finished my silvers when the Armory came out and I was salty I had to do it again. lol
Same lol
Gonna feel good getting that M6D before Funk.
Not. Gonna. Happen.
I have a feeling it will be. But then again, this next update is Griffball. So they might make the feature weapon the Grav Hammer and leave it at that.
Then again, maybe they want to hold it for March if this month's updates are the 'Ball' stuff like oddball, grifball, Assault, new space map, and the gravity hammer seems like it's the new 'weapon' for this update like the H2 BR was last month.
Good point.. Hammer it is.

God damn, some maps are just awful for FFA. Empire, Overgrowth to name a few. Pretty angry that I faced Champions my entire placements (highest being 25...) and two matches I came in last so I only placed Onyx 1700.

Madness

Only took 66 SR levels to get a DMR. WHAT.THE.FUCK.

I was like 53 when I got my first DMR. So happy I took a screenshot. Only shitty thing is, that by now, I have like Longshot BR with kinetic bolts, all the different attachments, that I don't even bother with basic DMR. Don't know how long I'll have to wait before I get the good DMR variants.

I was like 53 when I got my first too. So happy I tool a screenshot. Only shitty thing is, that by now, I have like Longshot BR with kinetic bolts, all the different attachments, that I don't even bother with basic DMR. Don't know how long I'll have to wait before I get the good DMR variants.

Yeah I don't really find basic DMR that useful once I have some really good Longshot variants, and my current go to build is a stealth based one anyway.

Trying to do the Phaeton commendation is a pain in the butt. They are so hard to get in req packs, and when I do finally call them in. Everyone on the other team is like OMG PHAETON, LETS IGNORE EVERYTHING ELSE AND JUST SHOOT THAT. Kind of hard to get kills when you have snipers, Banshees, Scorpions, and etc all focusing you.

Oh well, I'm halfway through t4 with the commendation so almost there, but I'm out of Phaetons as always. I wish I could just buy specific items once you get the cert for it.

Why do people hate Arena Breakout so much?

Played my first couple of matches on Regret last night and it was a nice change from the shitload of Riptide slayer I'd been drawing the last few nights.

Sure that particular map can be capped in about 15 seconds but we still went down to a tense 9th round.

Problems is being a slayer based game type, no respawn means the margin of error is extremely small, resulting in very passive games at higher levels, and a pile of chaos in lower levels where communication is essentially non-existent.

Poster#1

Respectfully, eat a bag of dicks. I'm like 76 and no DMR still.

I feel ya bro. maybe you will get it at 100 :p.

I got one in a warzone daily win pack a few week ago and I was at SR 68 when I got it.

It's ridiculous how long it takes to get a loadout weapon. The basic DMR should be available from the beginning

I was like 53 when I got my first DMR. So happy I took a screenshot. Only shitty thing is, that by now, I have like Longshot BR with kinetic bolts, all the different attachments, that I don't even bother with basic DMR. Don't know how long I'll have to wait before I get the good DMR variants.

DMR with Kinetic bolts is even better :p. Sentinel BR is the best variant imo.

I believe it has a place, but halo players shouldn't put to much emphasis on it. In a team based game...
My K/D is just under 1.0, but my win percentage is over 50%.

Ok Maybe, I'm getting carried
probably
... But I know I play pretty selflessly. I don't mind dying to capture a stronghold, or to run a flag, or to pick up 2 assists in slayer.

I'm doing more to help my team win than the guy who hangs back, picking off weak Spartans to pad his stats.

The problem is most of them care about K/D ratio if it's displayed on profile. I wish they take it out. If they care about it and got stomped in a match, they will quit.

jfoul

The problem is most of them care about K/D ratio if it's displayed on profile. I wish they take it out. If they care about it and got stomped in a match, they will quit.

It also doesn't help that some Spartan Companies require a positive K/D ratio to join.

Top Bottom