• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

La0hQqp.gif

I made a gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Maybe a little less IC knights on the Apex round 3 goal to kill the hunters. Like... 3/4 less. Which I guess would mean just not respawning them, or maybe at least make them respawn as scattershots, not all IC.

I mean even if you spawned nice REQs (which nobody has points for), you'd run out of ammo trying to kill them all as they just keep fucking respawning. And there isn't enough time to run back and get ammo, and there is no way in hell you're picking up any of their ICs while surrounded by 8 of them, so you have to get into the base, but to get into the base you have to run in front of all of them and all of the hunters completely exposed, so that's not happening. So you think alright maybe some vehicles, but the vehicles have a lot of trouble dodging IC fire from 8 knights and homing fire from 4 hunters all at once.

There just isn't enough time, man. Even if miraculously no one died from all the one-shotting IC fire.

Dafuq I expected then to be $5 each

Yeah, a lot of people are pissed/confused at this decision. It's a straight up terrible pricing scheme. I'm not gonna pay more than 50% of what I paid for the game just for a few emblems and skins.

Like, I want to support the Halo eSports scene and make sure Tashi has work to do, but 343 is making it pretty difficult.

Yeah, a lot of people are pissed/confused at this decision. It's a straight up terrible pricing scheme. I'm not gonna pay more than 50% of what I paid for the game just for a few emblems and skins.

Like, I want to support the Halo eSports scene and make sure Tashi has work to do, but 343 is making it pretty difficult.
Gotta milk those optic fans I guess

IHaveIce

Banned
seems like the cut the team gets is pretty big and it also goes towards the next HWC( though this is only said by Mikwen so far)

So I guess the teams get like 40% if it is that healthy, and MS wanted to still also get a big number.

I mean I get why people are pissed, but normally you also only root for one team and spend 10$ .. though I also wanted all 3... now I only have the CLG skin pack

Dice

I'm not gonna pay more than 50% of what I paid for the game just for a few emblems and skins.
MS has zero comprehension of this principle for DLC.

*Buy Forza 6 for $60 and it has 450 cars and all the tracks and modes*
MS: "Would you like to buy 30 more cars and no new tracks or modes for $30?"

Like, if you thought the game was a good value by having so much content int he base game, why would you go out of your way to reverse that value by paying so much for so little?

Kalentan

Just had to defend a Forerunner Core against Prometheans on the Arc map... Jesus that was insane! The amount of them that flooded at us overwhelmed us and we all died and by the time we got back up there was like... 20 or 30 Prometheans attacking the core.

Cranster

Banned
My biggest issue with the Firefight so far is mostly the spawn points, it shouldn't be automatic and we should choose our spawn areas.

blamite

Have they fixed the problems where the mute function constantly stops working yet?

(plz don't boot me from the company before I finish downloading this giant-ass update, thx)

Firefight is great

3 things

• The 3 Wardens on round 5 at the back of an impenetrable base is insanely dumb. Can't do shit
  • The Spawn time on round 5 is too long
  • The Spawn locations are bad. It can take like 30 seconds to get to the action without a vehicles on round 5 from death including respawn.

wwm0nkey

For Round 5 I think 1min needs to be added to the clock and spawn time reduced, it's way too long to the point where if everyone gets wiped in the first minute it is game over. It's just not good.

That or they can do it where time starts to stack from each round.

Nowise10

25 second spawn time in Round 5 is lame. Its the only reason why we lose most of the time. If you die twice in round 5 you pretty much are done. Plus sitting their waiting for 25 seconds is pretty much the opposite of fun

seems like the cut the team gets is pretty big and it also goes towards the next HWC( though this is only said by Mikwen so far)

So I guess the teams get like 40% if it is that healthy, and MS wanted to still also get a big number.

I mean I get why people are pissed, but normally you also only root for one team and spend 10$ .. though I also wanted all 3... now I only have the CLG skin pack

Well, I don't have a favorite team per se. I was planning on getting them partly because I liked the look of a couple teams and, you know, completionist bs.

And like you said, you planned on supporting multiple teams, but now only one gets your support because of the crazy pricing.

link1201

yeah, it's crazy especially now that you can get the whole game for $30. I was expecting 5ish. :/

Esque7

Firefight is great

3 things

• The 3 Wardens on round 5 at the back of an impenetrable base is insanely dumb. Can't do shit
  • The Spawn time on round 5 is too long
  • The Spawn locations are bad. It can take like 30 seconds to get to the action without a vehicles on round 5 from death including respawn.
Agreed, and defending the armory on round one is TERRIBLE. What the hell were they thinking?

Kalentan

Okay did they improve the drop rate and shit? I've gotten multiple skins today, the base Lv 6 DMR and a Lv 8 Legendary DMR. Even got some Ultra Rare weapons.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so much xp/rp/silver and gold packs in firefight!

also, bought the EG HCS skin pack. pretty fucking pricey, but i want to continue to support h5 and the pros. got the red AR and blue BR HCS skins too. I'll probably buy the CLG pack eventually too, then wait for the next team offerings.

Randoms who aren't using their REQs are dragging their teams down. It's really freaking irritating.

Also, to that guy who drove my guass hog into the Mythic Warden expecting an easy kill while he had 1/5th of his health left, congratulations, you single-handedly cost us the win.

Woop woop.

Anyway, with the bad stuff out of the way, WZF is really great. It's got a few kinks that need to be ironed out (spawn times are a bit too long on round 5, enemy damage output is ludicrous), but overall it's a great mode and a lot of fun.

Randoms who aren't using their REQs are dragging their teams down. It's really freaking irritating.

Also, to that guy who drove my guass hog into the Mythic Warden expecting an easy kill while he had 1/5th of his health left, congratulations, you single-handedly cost us the win.

Woop woop.

Anyway, with the bad stuff out of the way, WZF is really great. It's got a few kinks that need to be ironed out (spawn times are a bit too long on round 5, enemy damage output is ludicrous), but overall it's a great mode and a lot of fun.

Sorry :(

"I'll just play one game of FF before bed to see what's it's like". 5 games later and yeah this mode has pull for me, one of the better halo PvE experiences if only because it appears to be hard as nails. I and the randoms I played with didn't once complete all 5 rounds. That awkward moment when there's only 25 seconds left of the game and you're on a 30 second respawn...

Also not sure if it's configured correctly, I received two golds packs and a silver pack after about the third game, no idea why, I thought one had to actually win a game to receive a gold pack? Not complaining mind.

That awkward moment when there's only 25 seconds left of the game and you're on a 30 second respawn...
I'm still considering if that's one of those ideas that sounds good in your head but should never be implemented, or if it's secretly a great time to put the controller down and refresh GAF, hoping to read the next meltdown.

Dice

Is it just a temporary deal for Firefight to be handing out all these REQ packs? I see they explained the gold packs but not all these silvers.

Don't sweat it. Just gotta make sure to pop them every once in a while. We're all fresh as far as this incarnation of the mode goes. The meta is obviously very new, but if one thing is clear, it's that loadout weapons don't do SHIT to bosses.

The exception is the Knight bosses (even Legendary ones). Shoot off their armored shoulders, and smack 'em in the back with a bayonet. Bam, one less Knight boss.

Is it just a temporary deal for Firefight to be handing out all these REQ packs? I see they explained the gold packs but not all these silvers.

WZF commendations reward REQ packs instead of emblem or generic reward packs.

Don't sweat it. Just gotta make sure to pop them every once in a while. We're all fresh as far as this incarnation of the mode goes. The meta is obviously very new, but if one thing is clear, it's that loadout weapons don't do SHIT to bosses.

The exception is the Knight bosses (even Legendary ones). Shoot off their armored shoulders, and smack 'em in the back with a bayonet. Bam, one less Knight boss.

WZF commendations reward REQ packs instead of emblem or generic reward packs.

I just didn't have REQs. I'm starting to save them lol

Kalentan

So uh. Are boosts not working? Cause I had one Legendary Arena RP boost, played a match, it didn't apply and I still have it. None of the boosts I've used today have worked.

op_ivy

molten seems really really good.
opinion may change after more than one game

Anyone else dealing with this bullshit "pack failed to load" or whatever it says? I go to open a silver pack and after about 10 seconds this comes up, and my pack/points vanish. How does this system get progressively worse with each update?

op_ivy

played through rd 4 with the req system not at all working. two rounds in a row against the goblin too

Round 2 on Urban. Protect the forerunner core. Most people are lucky to have a BR yet,
fighting hordes of Knights and soldiers with splinter turrets. Yeah, that went well.

Top Bottom