• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Madness

25 second respawn? How does that make it to live? lol

Just had a mythic Knight Noble finish on skirmish at darkstar. 25 second respawns coupled with a shit ton of teleporting soldiers, watchers which have one of the most bullshit abilities which is to fully heal an enemy enclosed in a tight space along with spawns that put you a mile away from the action on automatic. Perhaps one of the worst rounds of firefight ever played.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Isn't round 5 meant to be so if you aren't in a heavy vehicle, you aren't alive?

Firefight is that truth. Had so much fun and I've gotten a ton of certifications. 343 making it rain REQ packs.

That said, we've had some defeats. The respawn time of 30 seconds at the end is simply too much in some cases. If you have a particularly hard wave and half the team gets down, unless the last 4 are skilled gods, you're going to fail.

Definitely still needs some tuning.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Round 2 on Urban. Protect the forerunner core. Most people are lucky to have a BR yet,
fighting hordes of Knights and soldiers with splinter turrets. Yeah, that went well.

had a similar shit show in rd 2 against banshees. with pistols. some of the progression is really fucked.

BTM

1st game of Firefight we failed on round three
2nd game was sweet victory!

I can see myself playing this mode for a long time.

Madness

Biggest issue with the respawns being so long is that it kills the fun. It isn't fun waiting so long and then being spawned so far and having to sprint back.

Bessy67

Increasing respawn timer certainly makes it harder to win but it also makes the matches much less fun. There should never be more than a 15 second respawn timer.

BizzyBum

So I bought all 3 HCS team reqs but I still need 4 HCS skins and the Athlon Champ armor. The only way to get these is to buy another team req for $10, correct?

So, uh, how the hell are you expected to take down two Warden Eternals and a bunch of Knights when everyone is only at REQ level 3?

This was a Round 3 on Apex 7.

EDIT: PHAETONS ON ROUND FUCKING 1 WTF

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
So I bought all 3 HCS team reqs but I still need 4 HCS skins and the Athlon Champ armor. The only way to get these is to buy another team req for $10, correct?

are you talking about the first hcs pack for worlds? as far as i know those arent availale but i think will be again available "soon". if you bought all three team packs there should only be one of the new hcs skins you are missing. you... apparently you have to buy one of those packs again to get all of them...

Increasing respawn timer certainly makes it harder to win but it also makes the matches much less fun. There should never be more than a 15 second respawn timer.

I'd rather have the timer increase per death, rather than round, but what can you do

So, uh, how the hell are you expected to take down two Warden Eternals and a bunch of Knights when everyone is only at REQ level 3?

This was a Round 3 on Apex 7.

That's insanity.

mo60

WFF killed my win percentage.Some of the rounds are a bit insane on some of the maps.I hate having to fight phaetons or warden in the earlier rounds.

Spartan Laser + Ad Victoriam

fireworks-animated-gif-38.gif

Sai

Warzone Firefight's been awesome so far. Few boss encounters at lower levels that have seemed kinda ridiculous, but generally it's been great fun.

The Wasp is pretty great for anti-infantry, but doesn't do much against heavy vehicles, and big enemies like the Knights and Hunters. Haven't used it in normal Warzone yet, but I imagine it would be too frail to dominate against enemy Spartans that know how to teamfire.

And it's probably due to my eyesight going bad, but I'm having a tough time identifying tiny ground targets. Easier with the Phaeton because of the red reticle; highlights them from a great distance... Gotta get super close with the Wasp for that.

Firefight is great

3 things

• The 3 Wardens on round 5 at the back of an impenetrable base is insanely dumb. Can't do shit
This.

Kinda got lucky the first time I got it on Stormbreak because the Wardens just happened to position themselves in the line of our tanks' fire long enough to deal some meaningful damage; and even then, we just barely managed to finish them off with less than 10 seconds to go. That was ridiculous.

There's only one way to bring light vehicles back there, and it leaves you way too open to the Wardens' EMP shots and all the Promethean infantry with Splinter Turrets swarming around them.Trying to bring heavy power weapons back there won't make much of a dent in them.

Went for a photoshoot
I want to like Optic's skins, but there isn't much to it, although the green on white looks classy imo. Can barely see the name though. Oddly enough I like evil genuises' skins the best because of the large font. CLG's are a bit on the dull side imo. Black skin is too similar to the base gun. Just don't care for it much.

BizzyBum

are you talking about the first hcs pack for worlds? as far as i know those arent availale but i think will be again available "soon". if you bought all three team packs there should only be one of the new hcs skins you are missing. you... apparently you have to buy one of those packs again to get all of them...

I bought another one and got the remaining 5. :)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Warden's on Apex 7 at round 3 is impossible. Spawn too far away and no one is at a proper REQ level for them.
It really does seem like each level has at least one round 3 challenge that is just a straight up "fuck you" waaaay harder than the other round 3s challenges.

belushy

Banned
Finally played FF and yeah... don't know what they were thinking with the respawn timer

Molten is pretty bad ass.

Would be good for oddball I think if they would actually support it. A lot of hold out locations but the map is small enough that it kidna forces you to move or you'll get naded in the rooms lol

Round 2 on Urban. Protect the forerunner core. Most people are lucky to have a BR yet,
fighting hordes of Knights and soldiers with splinter turrets. Yeah, that went well.
That one is tough. Only played it once and I thought my team would lose for sure, but we won that round and I'm not even sure how.

Lmao.. anyone catch the grunt floating through space at the main menu?
Yeah, I recorded that a while back. Wonder if there is a trick to that or patience.

Can't wait to get home and play. Being at work has been killing me. Good thing I downloaded the update before I left home.

Judging from the reactions, it's significantly harder than the beta right?

Sounds good to me!

Lmao.. anyone catch the grunt floating through space at the main menu?
Lol that's been there since launch

Haruko

Hmm, how come I don't see the HCS team packs on Waypoint (mobile AND desktop) or in game? I just see Arena Bundle, The new Recruit pack, and the old bronze/silver/gold(s)

Just downloaded the update and now my game crashes every time I try starting it. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: Nevermind, resolved it.

BizzyBum

oh, no shit? didn't realize those were in the mix too

Yeah, thank god. Finally done with armor and skins (minus Achilles helmet). All that's left is emblems which I can't get 100% anyway since I didn't participate in the beta.

Lol that's been there since launch

Wow, really!? Been playing since launch and first time I saw it.

And sorry for not accepting the firefight invite Ex, calling it quits early tonight.

Fuchsdh

I think you gotta use a lot of reqs to win these FF games.

Yep, but mostly it's avoiding death. Those 30 second respawn timers will kill you final round.

The Wasp being Level 3 REQ also feels like it was tailored for these aerial Banshee rounds. Assuming you get out of dodge before they focus you it makes bringing down the hero Banshees much easier.

wwm0nkey

Round 5 should just be called Tank Round. The only way I've won so far

Also, the Ghost is essential to win IMO, best way to do crowd control for cheap

Trup1aya

I really don't mind the long respawn times.

I remember the good old days where your team ran out of lives, and you were stuck spectating for an entire round while your buddy tried to cheese his way to a victory.

Waiting 25 seconds is nothing compared to that.

Also, don't die!

Top Bottom