• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Esque7

The halogaf spartan company tab actually works now?! I can finally see who's online! If anyone wants to play my GT is Tuskenraider440

Spawned in for my first time in Firefight on round 3 with 3 bullet sponge aircraft insta-killing me and my teammates and a five minute timer.

I pegged em with my guns and couldn't even see their health bars dropping. Then got insta-killed again.

Not a great first impression.

Is this mode meant to be fun or just REQ fodder? Because my loadout weapons accomplished exactly diddly and squat.

Cranster

Banned
I really don't mind the long respawn times.

I remember the good old days where your team ran out of lives, and you were stuck spectating for an entire round while your buddy tried to cheese his way to a victory.

Waiting 25 seconds is nothing compared to that.

Also, don't die!
When you have less than 2 minutes to kill two to six bosses and spawn nearly halfway across the map on foot and on the entire opposite of the map on vehicles those 25 to 30 seconds makes a huge difference especially since multiple enemies keep spawning around you while your dealing with those bosses.

I'm not against anykind of penalty for being killed, but anything above a 15 second respawn time is overkill.

Spawned in for my first time in Firefight on round 3 with 3 bullet sponge aircraft insta-killing me and my teammates and a five minute timer.

I pegged em with my guns and couldn't even see their health bars dropping. Then got insta-killed again.

Not a great first impression.

Is this mode meant to be fun or just REQ fodder? Because my loadout weapons accomplished exactly diddly and squat.

It's Warzone Firefight. I don't know what you are expecting.

Well the game just crashed and it no longer works lol.

Edit:if you're still on then no, it shows offline

I'm playing right now damn I have this problem on my gamertag since 2014

PR7nqqO.png

Can we have map voting back please? I'm sick of having to play through 10+ games before I land on the new map. Colosseum shows up 4 times, but alas, never Molten.

Played about 2 hours of firefight. The first few games were bad. The teams I were on didn't know what to do. After a couple games it got better. I've only won two games so far. Last game had the three warden fight. We just finished it with 5 seconds left in the game.

Such an amazing feeling.

Tried firefight, new map, smashed it easily... Only died twice.

Good team perhaps? Not sure but it wasn't overly hard... Felt about right.

With a good team it's just right difficulty wise. There are some bullshit bosses here or there that can give you triuble, but it's not a breeze like the beta was.

Ramirez

First game back in a month+ and I'm matched against and with 2K Onyx/Champion. I did terrible of course, your MMR should erode over time...

Really wish there was a true social list.

mo60

Now that I thought about it for a bit they really need a waypoint or something to help you find some of the enemies on the map in a warzone firefight match especially the ghosts that appear close to one of the home bases on raid on apex 7 in one of the rounds. In a match or two where that scenario appeared me and my teammates wasted a bunch of time trying to find out where the ghosts spawned.

Now that I thought about it for a bit they really need a waypoint or something to help you find some of the enemies on the map in a warzone firefight match especially the ghosts that appear close to one of the home bases on raid on apex 7 in one of the rounds. In a match or two where that scenario appeared me and my teammates wasted a bunch of time trying to find out where the ghosts spawned.

I wouldn't want then up all the time but definitely before the last 5 remaining. Maybe after 70% of them are killed.

Ade

I find it annoying that of you have all the reqs, buy the 3 HCS packs, you end up one new weapon skin short.

Ffs

mo60

I wouldn't want then up all the time but definitely before the last 5 remaining. Maybe after 70% of them are killed.

I was thinking before the round starts during the intermission. So people don't look clueless trying to figure out where the enemies spawned in some rounds.

Defect

First game back in a month+ and I'm matched against and with 2K Onyx/Champion. I did terrible of course, your MMR should erode over time...

Really wish there was a true social list.
I stop playing for a day and my aim goes all over the place. Can't imagine a month lol.

Ramirez

I stop playing for a day and my aim goes all over the place. Can't imagine a month lol.

Yea, I didn't have much fun. The game feels weird to me now, sucks, but oh well.

I don't know if Overwatch has a higher FOV, but I felt very claustrophobic playing H5 tonight.

The playlists are a big ole fail for me now though. I cannot keep up with the competition now, so I just have to ride out getting slaughtered every match until my MMR tanks? Who knows how long that would take. At this point in the games life, it really needs some social options.

SpartanN92

Banned
The REQ payout is all kinds of goofed up tonight.

I've played 8 rounds of FFWZ (won 5) and have gotten maybe 10 Gold packs and 10 silvers... I didn't get my payout of 3 gold packs for victory 5 but I got six gold packs for victory 4.

I'm not complaining 😂 It's been making it rain REQ packs tonight. Anybody else get the same thing?

You know, Firefight. I don't have a million REQ cards to burn just to make it through my initial spawn.
Some of the spawn points are really bad. I had some frustrating moments tonight too. If weapons are an issue I'd go for picking up what you can from enemies. Certain instances the covenant will have fuel rod cannons. But the suppressors and bolt shots work well enough from prometheans.

You know, Firefight.

Warzone Firefight. If you're not gonna use REQs, you're dragging your team down. The rewards for matches range from Silver to Gold packs, and a successful mission rewards around the same amount of RP as your typical Warzone match (if not more). In other words, use 'em or lose 'em.
I don't have a million REQ cards to burn just to make it through my initial spawn.

There are a lot of really bad spawns, just like in regular Warzone. We're just gonna have to learn to deal until 343i irons out the kinks (like showing us our next objective in intermission, and not allowing defense on round 1 or banshee raiders on round 2).

Ade

The REQ payout is all kinds of goofed up tonight.

I've played 8 rounds of FFWZ (won 5) and have gotten maybe 10 Gold packs and 10 silvers... I didn't get my payout of 3 gold packs for victory 5 but I got six gold packs for victory 4.

I'm not complaining 😂 It's been making it rain REQ packs tonight. Anybody else get the same thing?

It's the new commendations, they're stupidly easy and reward req packs

At long last, I finally got the Halo 2 BR.
Congrats! I finally got it too. Out of curiosity was it your very last loadout cert to unlock? The game made me unlock everything else and then finally it gave me the halo 2 BR.

I tallied what I have left total and it will take exactly 18 more gold packs for me to finish the req grind. I have prophets bane and Whispered Truth left to unlock and then the rest is all armor. So close!

mo60

Is it even possible to defeat the wardens at the back of the base? I've never done it?

Yeah, but the team you are on have to know what they are doing. If you want to use a tank or anoter ground based vehicle to get rid of the wardens you need a teammate to attract their attention and force them to get out of that spot and closer to you. This is really hard to pull off with randoms.

Trup1aya

When you have less than 2 minutes to kill two to six bosses and spawn nearly halfway across the map on foot and on the entire opposite of the map on vehicles those 25 to 30 seconds makes a huge difference especially since multiple enemies keep spawning around you while your dealing with those bosses.

I'm not against anykind of penalty for being killed, but anything above a 15 second respawn time is overkill.

I think the spawn locations could use some work. But the spawn timers don't bother me much. I'm looking through the glass of previous Firefights, and it doesn't feel like there's any less time spent playing.

If they reduced the timer, id survive, but I think they'd need to up the difficulty further.

singhr1

Is it even possible to defeat the wardens at the back of the base? I've never done it?

It was by 2nd WZFF match, I used The Answer, two teamates used tanks, others used ghosts and what not, etc. Last warden has a sliver of health before we lost, it's definitely possible

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Before this update I heard Molten was a remix, but running through it in Forge it seems new. Is it new or a remix?

Akai__

Said it in our HaloGAF Twitch Chat already, but Grunt Titan sounds like Fizzy from Sunset Overdrive and I really really love that. So hilarious.

Watched some Streams this morning and standard Warzone also looks much better with those refreshes. Will probably power through the needed Warzone Firefight victories to get those Gold packs today, since they don't say for how long they are limited.

Said it in our HaloGAF Twitch Chat already, but Grunt Titan sounds like Fizzy from Sunset Overdrive and I really really love that. So hilarious.

Watched some Streams this morning and standard Warzone also looks much better with those refreshes. Will probably power through the needed Warzone Firefight victories to get those Gold packs today, since they don't say for how long they are limited.

The packs are tied to the new commendations. Different levels and commendations give gold or silver packs. You get golds for the odd numbered levels on the enemy commendations and golds basically the whole way through the FF Wins commendation.

The packs are tied to the new commendations. Different levels and commendations give gold or silver packs. You get golds for the odd numbered levels on the enemy commendations and golds basically the whole way through the FF Wins commendation.

First, fifth and tenth FF win also give gold packs, not sure how long that'll last.

Yea, I didn't have much fun. The game feels weird to me now, sucks, but oh well.

I don't know if Overwatch has a higher FOV, but I felt very claustrophobic playing H5 tonight.

The playlists are a big ole fail for me now though. I cannot keep up with the competition now, so I just have to ride out getting slaughtered every match until my MMR tanks? Who knows how long that would take. At this point in the games life, it really needs some social options.
Yeah I'm having a the same problem but I jus try to get in a few games of Halo a week. I still have the itch but don't want to go all out anymore. I was getting way to frustrated by taking it seriously

Top Bottom