• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

EYEL1NER

9 hours of watching and 15 gold packs was nice. 15 gold packs would take me a couple weeks to obtain on my own. EDIT: And 16, they just put up CAMO233.
I liked Inconceivable's matches and was bummed that they lost off-camera to Liquid. A lot of good matches today though. It was very interesting watching such high-level play. Like Bizzy said above, the movement around the map from these guys is just rediculous. I think I'll be tuning in tomorrow as well.

Trup1aya

Man I'm actually surprised at how poor this production was. The las UGC halo even was unsactioned, but it was much better then this.

It's so weird that they could run a Halo event on their own dime, with no support from 343 and it can run fine. But now they get to be a part of the HWC and their production goes to hell.

nillapuddin

havent played in forever, whole gang is online, lets do this, fra-a-mera-te.

why is there still all this frame rate bullshit in btb
fucking why

PeterGAF

Banned
why is there still all this frame rate bullshit in btb
fucking why
It has made BTB unplayable for me. It used to be fine but ever since they updated the maps to look prettier the frame rate has been terrible. You think 343 and the community cartographers would have noticed that in playtesting. I stick exclusively to warzone for large scale Halo battles because of it, and I would way prefer BTB if it was actually playable. 343 made it a priority for Halo 5 to run at 60fps it is unacceptable that BTB has so many frame rate issues.

Karl2177

343 Industries made a change that's so minor, I doubt many people noticed it at all. The only reason I even noticed it is because I was doing another scan for REQ updates and I was getting an error on an image file. They changed the name of the Tartan emblem to Shamrock. I mean, it makes sense, it is a shamrock, but why the change?

Proof, since I can't access my original Tartan emblem:

8cykCMr.jpg

gUlYb75.jpg

jem0208

343 Industries made a change that's so minor, I doubt many people noticed it at all. The only reason I even noticed it is because I was doing another scan for REQ updates and I was getting an error on an image file. They changed the name of the Tartan emblem to Shamrock. I mean, it makes sense, it is a shamrock, but why the change?

Proof, since I can't access my original Tartan emblem:

8cykCMr.jpg

gUlYb75.jpg
Well Tartan is Scottish whereas a shamrock is obviously Irish.

It makes no sense that it was called Tartan in the first place really...

TCKaos

Well Tartan is Scottish whereas a shamrock is obviously Irish.

It makes no sense that it was called Tartan in the first place really...

Clearly the only explanation is that Stinkles an an unnamed Irishman from the office are in a cultural feud.

Torque isn't that bad.

It's not particular competitive but it's not terrible.

I'd argue that Torque is unnecessary since Stasis exists and is the same map but better in every conceivable way. It'd be like having The Pit and Pitstop in the same playlist at the same time.

EBLspartan

Neo Member
Guys it's only me or Europe Ranked is basically dead?

Italy, 5:40PM, balanced = Unable to Match.

the only mode i can find games consistently is only Super Fiesta...

Ade

Guys it's only me or Europe Ranked is basically dead?

Italy, 5:40PM, balanced = Unable to Match.

the only mode i can find games consistently is only Super Fiesta...

Europe is a graveyard of server errors and incredibly long matching times. I have to play Super Fiesta or Warzone FF if I want to use settings other than expanded.

EBLspartan

Neo Member
Europe is a graveyard of server errors and incredibly long matching times. I have to play Super Fiesta or Warzone FF if I want to use settings other than expanded.

Glad to hear i'm not alone, but this is really shameful.

I guess what would happened if halo 5 had the same Titanfall 2's population numbers on release...

IHaveIce

Banned
I wish we get some more maps this year.. and fairly soon.

Since forge maps are a pain in the ass to set up for tournaments and all DLC maps being trash for competitive play.

So far I can't play Slayer with maps like Riptide and Overgrowth in rotation, Social Skirmish has gametypes like Coliseum Strongholds (WTF) and I only play Arena when I'm warmed up.

the struggle is real.

BTM

I wish we get some more maps this year.. and fairly soon.

Since forge maps are a pain in the ass to set up for tournaments and all DLC maps being trash for competitive play.

So far I can't play Slayer with maps like Riptide and Overgrowth in rotation, Social Skirmish has gametypes like Coliseum Strongholds (WTF) and I only play Arena when I'm warmed up.

the struggle is real.

Coliseum strongholds is hilarious

Akai__

I think the actual games in this tournament are pretty good and I feel like it's never been this diverse. It's just good to see that Optic is not dominating everything and even Team Liquid are giving them a hard time. Such a shame that it's plagued with all these technical difficulties.

Also, still think that Splinter Grenades are insanity.

BizzyBum

I think the actual games in this tournament are pretty good and I feel like it's never been this diverse. It's just good to see that Optic is not dominating everything and even Team Liquid are giving them a hard time. Such a shame that it's plagued with all these technical difficulties.

Also, still think that Splinter Grenades are insanity.

Yeah, Friday and early Saturday had zero competitive games but that's expected early on in an open bracket tourney. Today's games have been awesome. If it was up to me, I'd remove all splinters from competitive play.

The bad camo play by penguin followed by the great camo play by dadbite was the xfactor in that game 5.

new code: plasma9

Top Bottom