• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Spartan Companies Thread

Madness

Always remember though, with Halo 5 we'll get our official thread here back as well. Plus even if we're on other Spartan Companies, nothing stopping anyone from joining up at all random times. If MCC wasn't such a failure, guys like Kittens were even planning to do tournaments. Should check if he wants to do one for Halo 5. There's a lot of people split amongst HaloGAF, NeoGAF, B Team, HaloSlaent, even folks on Team Beyond (I see you Vin) etc. Can all come together in the thread.

Marvel

could never
Lots of requests for NeoGAF but no gaf username with their application, assuming they are randoms.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
57 members @ NeoGAF EU so far.

Please don't forget your NeoGAF nick if you apply! Had to decline 3 people because they did not send a NeoGAF name and their Xbox Live name did not match any person on GAF.

Can't wait. also Frankie I'm following you.

Lots of requests for NeoGAF but no gaf username with their application, assuming they are randoms.

^
This

zeox

For someone like me who won't have much time to play, is it worth it to join a company? Does it have an effect on the company in any way that I'll mostly be offline?

Madness

For someone like me who won't have much time to play, is it worth it to join a company? Does it have an effect on the company in any way that I'll mostly be offline?

No it won't effect anything. It's basically just a social feature. A way to have people you want, friends, fans in one area. They give you a free REQ pack, and there are private forums, but it's basically just a 'clan' sort of like in Destiny.

Made one with some friends, we have 4 members. We are a very exclusive group of people.

Instead of being exclusive why not merge with another like minded Company? Maybe one with 14 current standing members, most of which are Halo veterans who will be playing massive amounts of Halo 5 over the coming months? Maybe a Company like...Sic Semper Tyrannis :)

etta

my hard graphic balls
didn't even try to join mine smh some homie you are...

I sent a request for it now. For some reason I thought it was a higher-skill-only clan given the name.

I also sent a request for HaloGAF and Frankie's clan yesterday with my GAF username but neither accepted it yet :(

01DragonFly

Updated

Welcome to Spartan Companies Video

Here is a list of all the posted companies

List of Companies:

No time Zone
Team Frankie "All glory to Frankie."
HaloGAF At the moment we are currently accepting HaloGAF community members active in thread before it got disbanded.
HaloSLAENT(#BUTTS ) (FULL)
Sic Semper Tyrannis Competitive focus in Arena (mic req'd), more casual in Warzone. Founding members are East Coast, but open to all US.
Get Schwifty (You gotta get schwifty in here)
[The Insurrection "Down with the UNSC!" <- Dead???
Seventh Column Bungie's long-standing fan club.
DadsOfHalo facebook site
Team 2nd Place"Silver is better than bronze"

Australian and New Zealand
HaloGAF LAAG ANZ Company

Europe
NeoGAF (European time GMT)

North America

Central/Pacific Time
NeoGAF B Team ( Central / West Coast USA )
Omega Black Veteran Halo players, age +17
Team Handsome Dad"You're grounded. Permanently."

Eastern Time
NeoGAF E Team
Last True Shooters Eastern time zone gaffers ( and anyone else)
101st Screaming Eagles (East Coast based but open for everyone )

Vico

For real, companies are a cool thing, but I hope they'll have some features related to it in the future.

Sent a request to join Team Frankie

Was denied access to it. I guess my amazingly written motivational letter wasn't enough.
I did say I was a hot chick. What could do wrong?

link1201

For real, companies are a cool thing, but I hope they'll have some features related to it in the future...
I hope so too. I really hope they don't just let it die. A specific playlist would be a nice start. They also need more emblems.

Is HaloGAF accepting non OG members now? I am in a friend spartan group so he could get the REQ pack. I applied. Elzar and others will my application be accepted or are you all still holding off?

Sic Semper Tyrannis' founding members, myself included, are focused on competitive play in Arena. We have nearly 50,000 games played between the four of us cumulatively. Though we will also be playing Warzone and customs for downtime and practice. Check us out!

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Got both of you guys and Nah we have some hardcore arena guys a former pro too, but we're doing things like Warzone Wednesdays too.

Thanks and ignore the low "iron" rank I have. I've been playing halo for 14 years. I'm an exteme hardcore halo gamer. Picking up the Elite controller as soon,as it comes out. Can't wait to jump in some arena and war zone with you guys

Updated

List of Companies:

No time Zone
HaloGAF At the moment we are currently accepting HaloGAF community members active in thread before it got disbanded.
Sic Semper Tyrannis (Play for fun; Win for respect)
DadsOfHalo facebook site

HaloGAF LAAG ANZ Company

Europe

North America

Central/Pacific Time

Eastern Time
NeoGAF E Team

We need a USA Mountain time zone group.

Thanks and ignore the low "iron" rank I have. I've been playing halo for 14 years. I'm an exteme hardcore halo gamer. Picking up the Elite controller as soon,as it comes out. Can't wait to jump in some arena and war zone with you guys

The ranking on Waypoint for your profile is related only to your posting on the Waypoint forums I believe.

01DragonFly

Could you add this for SST, please?

Competitive focus in Arena (mic req'd), more casual in Warzone. Founding members are East Coast, but open to all US.

Thanks a bunch!

Updated

List of Companies:

No time Zone
Sic Semper Tyrannis Competitive focus in Arena (mic req'd), more casual in Warzone. Founding members are East Coast, but open to all US.
DadsOfHalo facebook site

HaloGAF LAAG ANZ Company

Europe

North America

Central/Pacific Time

Eastern Time
NeoGAF E Team

etta

my hard graphic balls
Got both of you guys and Nah we have some hardcore arena guys a former pro too, but we're doing things like Warzone Wednesdays too.
q2Y8WsU.gif

shoreu

lol don't sweat it bro I think it's based on comments in the forum anyway. looking forward to playing with you guys man!

lol etta

link1201

I just noticed this in the announcement page "We’ll continue to support, improve and expand Companies, and we hope you have fun with it." So hopefully they get further implemented into actual MP.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

We are no longer staying gaf restricted, requests have died down, so lurkers are more than welcome to request an invite, especially those with competitive focuses. We will be doing Warzone more casually as well and dabble in forge and customs as well. If you want to fill out your roster for Halo 5 and don't want to join our Spartan Company that is okay (I guess), follow our members on Xbox Live so we always have people to be playing with!

so the only thing we know about these are in game it says in text what your company is.

thats it.

how is this useful again?

See my post above.

It isn't just about being part of the group itself, but more about having people to play with regularly so you aren't forced to play in what will likely be a very competitive landscape with random players that are unknown (usually bad in my experience) quantities. Wouldn't you prefer to have a group of reliable, known quantities when queuing up for Arena so you have an idea of what to expect? As an old school Halo player that loves the competitive nature of the 4v4 MP, I will be using my Spartan Company to create a network of players that can rely on each other to have players online to play with at hopefully any given moment.

Just my $0.02 :/

charsace

Getting the game on Tuesday and would like to join a company. I can play week nights after 5:30pm est and I have a wired connection.

Top Bottom