• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

Woorloog

Banned
S1kkZ said:
there is a constant stutter in every gameplay video so far. it just doesnt run with 30 fps and i hate that. its probably because they have 2 engines running at the same time.
More likely this is due the new graphics pushing the hardware too far...

LosDaddie

Banned
Rickenslacker said:
I don't know if they've given an exact time, but they did say it would be a shorter wait than the Mythic Pack took in Halo 3. So maybe a couple weeks after?

Hypertrooper said:
It won't be available at the release. But it should be available asap. That's the last information i read.

Thanks!

I haven't played Reach in a while (playing new games, clearing out backlog games, etc), but I'll be jumping in again once this map pack is out. I miss the game. sogood.gif

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Great OP, simple, straight to the point, everything you need, not really a fan of convoluted OP's.

Can wait to get my hands on this remake, this honestly has to be one of my most anticipated titles, I normally play through the Halo campaign at least twice a year but haven't touched it since the rumours of the remake started so I'm gagging to play it again.

Call me crazy but I'm half temped to play though it in the classic mode first, will be awesome to play the original in wide-screen.

Question,

If you switch to classic mode will it also use the original audio and sounds effects or stick with the revamped samples?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Hypertrooper said:
Did you mean the Oonsk in "Ghal's logo" at the end of the topic? Or is there a new one? :)

Btw. you did an amazing art for this thread.

ther are a couple of new Oonsks in the game.

ElRenoRaven

lowrider007 said:
Great OP, simple, straight to the point, everything you need, not really a fan of convoluted OP's.

Can wait to get my hands on this remake, this honestly has to be one of my most anticipated titles, I normally play through the Halo campaign at least twice a year but haven't touched it since the rumours of the remake started so I'm gagging to play it again.

Call me crazy but I'm half temped to play though it in the classic mode first, will be awesome to play the original in wide-screen.

Question,

If you switch to classic mode will it also use the original audio and sounds effects or stick with the revamped samples?

On the start menu you can select original soundtrack or new. You can't switch that on the fly like you can with graphics. Also it doesn't matter which you use, the weapon sounds will be the new ones in both. Graphics you can switch on the fly except during cutscenes by pressing the back button. Once a cutscene starts it will be in the graphics mode you had it int prior to the cutscene starting.

Feindflug

S1kkZ said:
there is a constant stutter in every gameplay video so far. it just doesnt run with 30 fps and i hate that. its probably because they have 2 engines running at the same time.

Hopefully there will be no frame-rate problems in Anniversary because honestly it makes no sense to have 2 engines running at the same time and have stuttering...such a thing would've been stupid.

A comment from 343i would've been cool but I kinda doubt it, all the silence about this worries me. :(

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Yay! Nice OP, Ghal.

Still kind of bummed that I won't be able to get the pre-order bonuses since I canceled my Amazon pre-order so I could pick it up when I head to the midnight launch event in Valley Fair. Oh well.

Surprised that we're only a week away, damn.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I'm not too worried about the frame-rate tbh, of course I want it to be good but it cant be any worse than the xbox version when being played on the 360 which was fine for me.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Still contemplating if I should buy this or not :/

GhaleonEB

Woorloog said:
It wasn't solo was it? Co-op makes it easy(ish), assuming it is allowed..
My understanding is, unless the achievement specifies solo or co-op play is required, you have flexibility to do either.

feel

Outstanding work Ghaleon and m0dus! This is my favorite type of |OT|. <3

Can't wait to play through my favorite game ever with a different look and then the timeless original finally in proper 16:9!!! And the online coop!!

At the risk of sounding like a nub... (achievement related spoilers)
I’ll Be Taking That!
Pilot a Banshee on the level “Assault on the Control Room.”

WHAAAT? My friend always told me you could do this, but I never believed him.

Woorloog

Banned
Biggest-Geek-Ever said:
I’ll Be Taking That!

You need to run and shoot the elite before he gets the Banshee when you come out of the tunnels to the rock bridge in the Control Room area.

Biggest-Geek-Ever said:
I’ll Be Taking That!

Did you call him a liar? Now it is the time to say "I'm sorry".

duk

Banned
Domino Theory said:
Yay! Nice OP, Ghal.

Still kind of bummed that I won't be able to get the pre-order bonuses since I canceled my Amazon pre-order so I could pick it up when I head to the midnight launch event in Valley Fair. Oh well.

Surprised that we're only a week away, damn.

u are from SJ?

Woorloog said:
You need to run and shoot the elite before he gets the Banshee when you come out of the tunnels to the rock bridge in the Control Room area.
My mind is officially blown.

And, yes Hyper, I think I'll have to get him this just to make amends. =(

DangerStepp

Wait, what year is this OT from? Needs to be about 22 posts longer and needs cumulative and extraneous PR information framed by fancy IMGs.

I don't even have to rest between scrolls down the page to get through it. WTF?!

Also, very hyped for this; can't wait for the flood of nostalgia.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Letters said:
Outstanding work Ghaleon and m0dus! This is my favorite type of |OT|. <3

Can't wait to play through my favorite game ever with a different look and then the timeless original finally in proper 16:9!!! And the online coop!!
On a niiiiice biiiiiiig plasma right? :p

GhaleonEB

thatbox said:
No multiplayer = no money.
Yay, this is where I get to quote my own OP.

In total it looks like a very loving, faithful remake of Bungie's original Halo Campaign, by the folks now tasked with taking the reigns on the series, with a large classic-flavored map pack for Reach in the mix. You'll know from that description whether this remake is for you. There are a lot of folks wanting the original Multiplayer back with Live support, and this is not that.
Perfectly legitimate point of view, of course. But at this point what the game is and isn't is well established.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I don't get the fascination with playing prequels first. Same with watching star wars.

IMO you're supposed to watch/play them after 'later' incarnations. Even though it happens earlier, it'll be referencing things in games you'll have already played

stellar OP ghal.

i preordered on newegg before amazon was offering any preorder goodies. does anyone have experience with newegg's preorder fulfillment? should i expect this day one or not?

(i know newegg is ridiculous fast and awesome for normal shipping, but i've never preordered anything from them before)

MrBig

Biggest-Geek-Ever said:
I’ll Be Taking That!

:lol there are people that don't know about this? I did it on my first play through of the game back in 2001. I saw the elite there and assumed that was what we were supposed to do.
There's also a way to pilot a banshee through pretty much the whole level, but that takes some finagling.

Feindflug said:
Hopefully there will be no frame-rate problems in Anniversary because honestly it makes no sense to have 2 engines running at the same time and have stuttering...such a thing would've been stupid.

A comment from 343i would've been cool but I kinda doubt it, all the silence about this worries me. :(

Yep, that would be a terrible trade off. But i feel they were that stupid and the final will have that rough framerate. If so, i won`t purchase it.

Top Bottom