• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

Biggest-Geek-Ever said:
At the risk of sounding like a nub... (achievement related spoilers)
I’ll Be Taking That!
Pilot a Banshee on the level “Assault on the Control Room.”

WHAAAT? My friend always told me you could do this, but I never believed him.
That's what I always liked about Halo, it wasn't like they would force you into the Banshee and then make you to navigate the rest of the level with it in some super guided scripted sequence. It's just there, with an Elite next to it, who makes a run for it when he notices your presence, but can be killed and then leave a perfectly usable Banshee for your own exploits.

Then you can fly your way up to a certain structure and listen to Siege of Madrigal. Fuck yes.

Feindflug

OuterWorldVoice said:
Monsters.

Frank it will be much appreciated if you can answer this simple question:

Is the frame-rate in the retail smooth without the annoying stuttering we've seen in some older gameplay videos?

Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Rickenslacker said:
That's what I always liked about Halo, it wasn't like they would force you into the Banshee and then make you to navigate the rest of the level with it in some super guided scripted sequence. It's just there, with an Elite next to it, who makes a run for it when he notices your presence, but can be killed and then leave a perfectly usable Banshee for your own exploits.

Then you can fly your way up to a certain structure and listen to Siege of Madrigal. Fuck yes.
There is also another place in that level where you can fly a Banshee. :D

GhaleonEB

oddworld18 said:
stellar OP ghal.

i preordered on newegg before amazon was offering any preorder goodies. does anyone have experience with newegg's preorder fulfillment? should i expect this day one or not?

(i know newegg is ridiculous fast and awesome for normal shipping, but i've never preordered anything from them before)
I also ordered from Newegg, but I'm actually hoing they ship it slowly. There's a certain game coming out on Friday that I want some quality time with before CEA lands.

As excited as I am for CEA - and I'm more hyped than I thought I'd be - Skyrim will consume the vast bulk of my play time for the balance of the year.

Sai-kun

Banned
First order of business: Recreate that scene of the Chief in the control room and the banshee running him over. :lol lmao forever.

Kibbles

This is always relevant.

23ifi3o.gif

edit: Woah, great minds think alike.

Woorloog

Banned
scar tissue said:
friendly NPCs in Firefight? Yessssssssss
I hope the Banshees in FF are skyjack-able this time. Dogfight firefight plz!
The banshees are not hijackable, having tried that when i got to play the FF map. The ODSTs... well, i guess they're useful, though not so on Normal... Maybe they kept a grunt or two distracted.

Woorloog

Banned
Sai-kun said:
First order of business: Recreate that scene of the Chief in the control room and the banshee running him over. :lol lmao forever.
I once splattered myself with a banshee in the ending cutscene. Yes, i splattered myself.
I opened the door, got back into banshee, pushed forward and the cutscene began and the empty banshee hit the Chief.

Not interested in the campaign, but will buy the Reach multiplayer code. Hopefully from somebody who buys the game and doesn't have Reach.

GhaleonEB

Woorloog said:
??????
Whaaat?
Wow, gotta try that one ASAP.
It is so, so fun. One of the things that makes CE so fun to do that sort of stuff with is the total lack of kill zones. You can fly down to the bottom of the giant chasm indoors, or deep into the fog at the top of the canyon. Glorious.

I wish the rest of the series was so wired; only Dan Miller's two Reach easter eggs ever brought that kind of freedom back (and how!).

Nice work, Ghal! Didn't notice the thread was up, was too busy playing another game. *cough*Skyrim*cough*

Anyways, I'll pick this up next week. Strange cutscenes aside, it looks good.

feel

Tashi0106 said:
On a niiiiice biiiiiiig plasma right? :p
That can be arranged, I have a sweet VT25 in storage. But I'll probably let my lx9500, my hx929 or my upcoming lw9800 do the honors on this. xD

OuterWorldVoice said:
Monsters. I'm drowning in bacon-flavored bourbon
fix

derFeef

Having only played the Halo 1 campaign once on PC, I must say I am really looking forward to playing this again after all the years. I probably have fogotten everything so I am going in almost fresh :D

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:
It is so, so fun. One of the things that makes CE so fun to do that sort of stuff with is the total lack of kill zones. You can fly down to the bottom of the giant chasm indoors, or deep into the fog at the top of the canyon. Glorious.

I wish the rest of the series was so wired; only Dan Miller's two Reach easter eggs ever brought that kind of freedom back (and how!).
I once collected every single wraith, ghost, warthog, and shade into a neat pile at the bottom of that pit by pushing them with a banshee while my friend did so with the scorpion. Wow those were different times.

ElRenoRaven

MrBig said:
I once collected every single wraith, ghost, warthog, and shade into a neat pile at the bottom of that pit by pushing them with a banshee while my friend did so with the scorpion. Wow those were different times.

Yea. That's one thing I do hope that 343 brings back to the series. I do miss the exploration.

Amagon

Still have to beat ODST and haven't play Reach yet (played multi one time at a friend's house) and I own both copies and I want to buy the Anniversary. :(

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Tashi0106 said:
:lol all that for Assassin's Creed. Well, now I demand a 50 page Halo 4 OP

I hear 343 are already planning a suite of NeoGAF avatars for that thread. Double the marketing budget for message board threads. Should make the MGS4 thread look small. Etc.

KuGsj.gif

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Slightly Live said:
I hear 343 are already planning a suite of NeoGAF avatars for that thread. Double the marketing budget for message board threads. Should make the MGS4 thread look small. Etc.

KuGsj.gif

If Halo 4 is awesome, more awesome than previous Halo games, I will change my avatar to a Halo 4 one.

Speaking of marketing campaign. I haven't seen any TV commercials for Anniversary. What's the deal?

thatbox

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Yay, this is where I get to quote my own OP.

Perfectly legitimate point of view, of course. But at this point what the game is and isn't is well established.
Oh, I know, and we've already hashed this all out. I just wanted to pop in to register my discontent again in the OT.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Tashi0106 said:
If Halo 4 is awesome, more awesome than previous Halo games, I will change my avatar to a Halo 4 one.

Speaking of marketing campaign. I haven't seen any TV commercials for Anniversary. What's the deal?

It's a smaller scale project than a full scale sequel launch, but we do have something cooking for a few days from now.

As for frame rate, I can't find a technical mans to ask, but my experience is smooth and pleasant and lovely in the retail build. YMMV - I know better than to comment on frame rate issues and experiences other than subjectively. I am certain that it will be dissected and examined by others.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hypertrooper said:
We all know already about Halo On Ice.

What the fuck did I miss or are you making this up?

Also, glad to hear there is some marketing push coming soon. Hopefully we'll get some sexy tv commercials. I always loved the Halo commercials.

ElRenoRaven

Tashi0106 said:
What the fuck did I miss or are you making this up?

Also, glad to hear there is some marketing push coming soon. Hopefully we'll get some sexy tv commercials. I always loved the Halo commercials.

You hadn't heard about Halo on Ice? You can no longer call yourself a Halo Fan.

watership

OuterWorldVoice said:
It's a smaller scale project than a full scale sequel launch, but we do have something cooking for a few days from now.

As for frame rate, I can't find a technical mans to ask, but my experience is smooth and pleasant and lovely in the retail build. YMMV - I know better than to comment on frame rate issues and experiences other than subjectively. I am certain that it will be dissected and examined by others.

Ahhh, The soothing response of authority. Thanks for the response. You also used very comforting words like 'smooth', 'pleasant' and 'lovely' which manipulated me into a warm, fuzzy state.

I would have also accepted 'buttery' and 'creamy'.

Blueblur1

I keep forgetting about this game. I'm going to use it to introduce the girlfriend to Halo. I already told her about the lore and her inner sci-fi nerd became immediately intrigued. :)

Cynar

OuterWorldVoice said:

I love you <3

Top Bottom