• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

PsychoRaven said:
Hey Frankie the backgrounds you unlock. Where do you use them or view them? I can't seem to find where. Course the waypoint errors aren't helping.
Zalin was telling me of backgrounds for your Spartan on Waypoint that was supposedly meant to happen at some stage. Maybe that's what they are for?

ElRenoRaven

Hydranockz said:
Zalin was telling me of backgrounds for your Spartan on Waypoint that was supposedly meant to happen at some stage. Maybe that's what they are for?

Ah. That would make sense. Hopefully that will still come or is coming.

wwm0nkey

Hydranockz said:
Right now they work for backgrounds on Waypoint for WP7.

Sai-kun said:
This Silent Cartographer Skull is killing me
How are people knowing where the skulls are? I found
Famine
on the plateau outside of the room that unlocks the map room and that was easy enough, but for a skull to be killing you that implies you already know where it is but can't reach it?

ElRenoRaven

Barrow Roll said:
How are people knowing where the skulls are? I found
Famine
on the plateau outside of the room that unlocks the map room and that was easy enough, but for a skull to be killing you that implies you already know where it is but can't reach it?

For me it was just exploration. I knew that some levels could have more then 1 so it was a matter of looking over every nook of every level. The only thing that threw me off is that one level doesn't have a skull. That makes me wonder why it doesn't either. You would think they could have taken one of the ones for the levels with 2 and put it there in that level.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Lima said:
Okay so they didn't really test the co-op did they?

That is like the MAJOR feature for the remake that you can play this shit over live. But it is almost unplayable for the client.

Count in the bad framerate, the wonky aiming in "new" mode and constant texture stream-in and this remake is not the fun I thought it would be.

Seriously disappointed right now.

Bungie (Ahem 343) never did coop right, it's always been crap. What were you expecting?!?

The wait for this on Goozex is only 100. I shall have it before the end of the year. ;)

Oozer3993 said:
I just saw that as I was running through the last level. So cool.

So if she's on the POA, when Halo 1 happened, where the hell is she now?

TUROK

Alienshogun said:
Bungie (Ahem 343) never did coop right, it's always been crap. What were you expecting?!?
This is quite possibly the most false thing anyone has ever typed in the history of forever.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
TUROK said:
This is quite possibly the most false thing anyone has ever typed in the history of forever.

You're actually gonna sit there and say firefight/coop is done well?

The netcode has always been shit.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Alienshogun said:

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Joke account, right?

Lima

Alienshogun said:

The netcode has always been shit.

Never had any problem with any other halo title. They worked like they were supposed to in co-op.

Anniversary is unplayable for the guy who isn't the host. So yeah that is fucked considering this is like the only reason I got this remake.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Lima said:
Never had any problem with any other halo title. They worked like they were supposed to in co-op.

Anniversary is unplayable for the guy who isn't the host. So yeah that is fucked considering this is like the only reason I got this remake.

Coop/firefight has always been a lagfest online. Sometimes you will get a good connection with another person, but more often than not you're ice skating around knocking into shit.

What you're experiencing with Anniversery is pretty par for the course with coop/firefight in previous games.

Ramirez

Lima said:

All of the Halo games have had terrible laggy co-op/FF experiences, this isn't new to CE...

lucius

I really glad I bought this still plays great and now I have the best looking version of the best SP game in the Halo series. I started in heroic but maybe should have went legendary since I beat the original on that already. I am pretty happy with the graphics they are not muted colors like ODST/Reach but that's just me I prefer the Halo 1/3 colorful look.

lucius said:
I really glad I bought this still plays great and now I have the best looking version of the best SP game in the Halo series. I started in heroic but maybe should have went legendary since I beat the original on that already. I am pretty happy with the graphics they are not muted colors like ODST/Reach but that's just me I prefer the Halo 1/3 colorful look.
My favorite art styles were Halo 1/2 and ODST. CEA is a contender though. Still only on the second level though, so I have a lot more to look at.

Sai-kun

Banned
Are all the Banshees on "Halo" in the first part of the level where they scout you out? Or are there more later? I only managed to kill 2.

blamite

Sai-kun said:
Are all the Banshees on "Halo" in the first part of the level where they scout you out? Or are there more later? I only managed to kill 2.
There's at least one in the valley after you exit the natural formation tunnel.

Alienshogun said:
Coop/firefight has always been a lagfest online. Sometimes you will get a good connection with another person, but more often than not you're ice skating around knocking into shit.

What you're experiencing with Anniversery is pretty par for the course with coop/firefight in previous games.

Agreed. I cannot play firefight in Reach because of how choppy it is. I do applaud the effort though because I could see myself getting used to it if I cared.

I haven't picked the game up yet because of Holiday rush and I'm never a fan of change when I was such a huge fan of the original but just the acknowledgement of other Spartan's make me wonder if I should pick it up sooner rather than later.

ElRenoRaven

VGChampion said:
I haven't picked the game up yet because of Holiday rush and I'm never a fan of change when I was such a huge fan of the original but just the acknowledgement of other Spartan's make me wonder if I should pick it up sooner rather than later.

Don't rush just on account of that. It's just an easter egg referencing the books. It isn't like it's changed and there are more Spartans in it.

Sai-kun said:
2 scout you out at the beginning. There are another 2 patrolling the river 'hub' section before the end. You know, where you have to decide what order to rescue the marines. be caareful in Co-Op. If you kill two and your partner kills two, you don't get it. Also note that they don't always chase you down. On my playthrough ealrier, one dude just kept on flying away :(

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Yep. Everything's been a blast and I love the look. I never bothered to explore the swamp in Guilty Spark before but damn, its pretty big. New visuals make it so much fun to discover areas you never noticed due to flat, repeated, boring textures.

smilebig1337

Neo Member
smilebig1337 said:
I went straight to recording a playthrough of the game when I picked it up last night at midnight. Here is the first episode for those who are still skeptical and want to see what it looks like. The next episode should be out later tonight for those of you who are interested in seeing it.

Halo CE Part 1: The Pillar of Autumn

Here is the second episode for those of you who are still on edge and want to see how much better the game looks before you actually drop 40 dollars on it:
Halo CE Part 2: The Landing and a Terminal

There are obviously some spoilers in there, so don't watch it if you don't want anything to get spoiled.

So what exactly constitutes the beach section of The Silent Cartographer? Is it just the LZ section? I'm trying to get that achievement and I swear all the marines are alive but I'm not getting it yet.

Lazslo

Still haven't picked this up, I don't know what I'm waiting for might grab it tomorrow. Hope you haven't taken me off your friends list, I'll be donging on you bitches tomorrow if all goes according to plan. Haven't had a chance to read this thread only this page but I hope you guys are enjoying it, from what I gather the Co-Op sucks but Linda is in the game!

Also- WHO is Linda?

Tawpgun

Mother of God....

The Terminal for Keyes was amazing.

Also, my only qualms with the graphics are how bright things are in dark places. Namely in Keyes and Two Betrayals.

Ramirez

The Xtortionist said:
They absolutely have to patch the input lag in coop. It's simply inexcusable in 2011 and kills a game faster than anything.

There's like 0 chance of this happening, it's been the same since 3, where have you guys been?

senador

Banned
I'm on AotCR and haven't found any skulls yet. :/ I also missed the terminal on Silent Cartographer. Can I get a spoiler-tagged hint for where that terminal is please?

senador said:
I'm on AotCR and haven't found any skulls yet. :/ I also missed the terminal on Silent Cartographer. Can I get a spoiler-tagged hint for where that terminal is please?

SC Terminal Spoiler
SC Terminal is near the Hunters

AotCR Skull Spoiler
in the last outdoor area before you go into the control room... Search around!

The Xtortionist said:
They absolutely have to patch the input lag in coop. It's simply inexcusable in 2011 and kills a game faster than anything.
lol

Ramirez said:
There's like 0 chance of this happening, it's been the same since 3, where have you guys been?

Exactly, I could maybe excuse it in 2007 but this is fucking four years later. Gears, CoD, Uncharted...pretty much every other coop game besides Halo (Reach and Anniversary, though the former isn't as relevant now) runs without input lag. I don't understand it. Why can't Halo fix it?

Top Bottom