• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Anniversary |OT| It All Comes Full Circle

darthbob

Painstakingly grinding through TandR with PP and AR without getting a checkpoint for ages, despite clearing every enemy for several rooms and the FUCKING GAME CRASHES AGAIN.

Third level in. Third crash.

I seriously hope this isn't in every copy and is just a faulty disc or something (I've heard a few other Gaffers speak of crashes in this game)

Honestly, when do games crash these days? I haven't had games crash on me since the master system days.

I want a fucking refund.

Game installed? Storage device?

Type of Xbox 360 and age?

I've only had the game crash on me once (and it was the first time a Halo game has ever crashed on me...ever). It was during Keyes. I had it installed, and my console is a Halo 3 Xbox 360.

goldenpp72

This game has a lot of annoying quirks at times that weren't in the original, the subtitles turn on constantly, one of my skulls didn't save so I had to go get it again, and the "online" co op might be the worst online experience I've ever seen, it was like a choppy 5 fps, i've played on dial up and it ran much better than this shit.

Shame really, it's a good remake mostly but they didn't put the love it should have had everywhere.

Game installed? Storage device?

Type of Xbox 360 and age?

I haven't installed the game (no room), I have a 20gb 360 hd.

Xbox is a couple of years old, not a slim or elite, a normal white one.

I've never had any game crash on a 360. I play reach frequently (installed), Dark Souls frequently (disc) and Portal 2 and GTA 4 (both from disc) occasionally. No problems.

Hopefully it's a problem with this particular disc; I've ordered a replacement from the e-store I bought it from.

Raged hard earlier (as seen in the post) because I've waited a long time to play the game and now I don't even want to start a level in fear of nearly completing it only for the whole thing to freeze.

So is there going to be a patch for the lag in co-op? Me and my friend were playing and he was complaining that the games aiming was different than the other Halos. I let him host and it was laggy as shit. There was at least a 2 second delay on every action.

So is there going to be a patch for the lag in co-op? Me and my friend were playing and he was complaining that the games aiming was different than the other Halos. I let him host and it was laggy as shit. There was at least a 2 second delay on every action.

I hope that somebody at 343i is reading this thread. the lag in co op mode is unbearable.

I'll stop playing HALO Anniversary until a patch comes out to fix the online co op mode lag.
*rolls eyes*

They'd have to completely redesign the game to accomplish what you want them to accomplish. That, or redesign the internet so that you could ping anywhere in the world under however many milliseconds of input delay would be undetectable to you. But by all means, keep waiting.

feel

Was the coop netcode outsorced too or was it 343i?? I hope it's not the same coders doing the 4player coop on halo 4.

wwm0nkey

Was the coop netcode outsorced too or was it 343i?? I hope it's not the same coders doing the 4player coop on halo 4.

Pretty sure all of Halo Anniversary was outsourced to Saber and CA. 343i looked over the project but it seems like Saber was doing most of the work.

TheOddOne

Halo 4 running on Halo CE engine and facing the same limitations, confirmed.
tumblr_lus2n3IsF31qafrh6.gif

PooBone

Shit. My Halo honour is important to me.

I've got every achievement skull-free except beating two betrayals without switching weapons. Also still need to get "look out for the little guy" haven't really tried it yet.

edit: I've seen no crashes or framerate issues, I don't have it installed, and while playing online coop, yes the lag is pretty bad but not unplayable. It pauses occasionally and says you will be disconnected in.... and counts down from 15. Always comes back around 12 or 13.

I have one of the older body 360's with the HDMI.

nomis

The "fear" in this post is the stupidest thing I've seen all week.

New low, Letters.

And a new high on "overreaction to a post" from you. :)

iuPKAw6zMahQE.gif

Isn't it actually confirmed that Halo 4 is using a heavily modified Reach engine which is a heavily modified Halo 1-2-3/ODST engine aka the Xzhibit engine?

No, it's confirmed that there's still legacy Bungie engine code in there. i.e, They didn't have to try and recreate auto-aim/magnetism/acceleration balance from scratch. They can just blend the variables to make the feel of the aiming be any combination of the previous Halo titles. Almost all of the other aspects of the game are going to be rewritten or different from Halo 3 or Reach (renderer, physics, etc).

Sean

Banned

Has it ever been confirmed there will be 4 player coop in Halo 4 or are you just assuming based on the last two games?

Sean

Banned
Big franchises like Halo aren't usually in the habit of removing features.

Agreed, but with a new developer taking over the reigns (and supposedly heavily reworking the graphics engine), I wouldn't be surprised if 343 made some tradeoffs in the number of co-op/split screen players to get increased visual fidelity.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/iamnotevilness/h4info.jpg

That's on 343's site.

Ah, nice find.

FyreWulff

Agreed, but with a new developer taking over the reigns (and supposedly heavily reworking the graphics engine), I wouldn't be surprised if 343 made some tradeoffs in the number of co-op/split screen players to get increased visual fidelity.

Campaign's already limited to two people with heavy LOD on when you do so, the only thing they'd have left is to remove splitscreen entirely.

That'd be a big no-no considering Halo's userbase, but then again they broke LAN compatibility between versions (something that Halo 1, 2, and 3 all didn't do) with their Reach 343.1 title update, so what do I know?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, I downright enjoy The Library now. The shotgun is so satisfying.

Sweet Christ.

I finished Halo before I ever headed online to hear the bitching about repeating environments, copy/paste hallways, etc.

I always though people were overstating it.

They weren't.

WOW. Rose colored glasses, off.

That said, some of the battles in this game still hold up 10 years later.

jgminto

Sweet Christ.

I finished Halo before I ever headed online to hear the bitching about repeating environments, copy/paste hallways, etc.

They weren't.

None of that really matters when you're playing co-op.

Painstakingly grinding through TandR with PP and AR without getting a checkpoint for ages, despite clearing every enemy for several rooms and the FUCKING GAME CRASHES AGAIN.
Sucky crashing aside, why would you ever drop the sniper on T&R? Ammo is plentiful throughout the entire level and PP+Sniper works wonders without a pistol available.

Sweet Christ.

They weren't.

I personally think the gunplay and enemy AI carries the game through the repetitive sections. Sure I'm fighting in the same rooms over and over but when shooting is so damn fun I could give no fucks.

monome

I personally think the gunplay and enemy AI carries the game through the repetitive sections. Sure I'm fighting in the same rooms over and over but when shooting is so damn fun I could give no fucks.

I second you. I could not care less about repetitive sceneries in 10 year old game that stars a living tank blowing shit all around him with grace and smarts.
Bulletstorm, a modern game based on fun mechanics, did not give more fun than this remake.

Top Bottom