• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Nowise10

Does anyone know what the voice command is to launch this game using Kinect? Is it going to be "Xbox, go to Halo" or will it be "Xbox, go to Halo Master Chief Collection?"

Halo The Masterchief Collection.

Whatever the full name is for the game, that is what you have to say. I usually just pin my games as its more convenient.

Obscured

Was going to make this same point myself. Titanfall instantiates an Azure server for every lobby created, even private matches.

If it's possible for MM, it should be possible for customs. The only way my mind can see an issue is if this causes some problem with LAN functionality in the spaghetti mess of code from the earlier Halo games.

Yeah, what would the setup be for LANs with XB1, is such a think even possible? Is it some weird thing where they need it to be separate for esport situations?

Welp, now I need popcap to add grinding to PvZ.

If you have an X1 and don't have Sunset, you need to take a look at your decision making!

Seconded, or thirded, or fourthed. That game is fantastic. I forced myself back to some other ones just because I don't want to finish it too quickly. It just keeps delivering.

danwarb

I believe you cannot copy preloads, as I downloaded the preload for MCC, got a new external, tried to transfer it to the external and it said it was unable to do so.

Was that after the update? I tried before the update and got an "unfinished" message. Or maybe it was "incomplete".

Edit: It doesn't work.

IHaveIce

Banned
Try this (worked for me and others):

-Disable auto update and reboot from the system settings.
-Enable them again and shut down console completely (hold the power button for 5 seconds).
-Restart and go into power save mode (instant on).

Should load this way and I was at 78% in like 5 minutes.

Weird. for now still nothing, but thanks, maybe it will work :D

VinFTW

Man, Halo is an amazing online shooter, what could make it even better? What single thing could make Halo go from amazing to perfection?

A custom games browser (dedicated servers).

Make it happen 343 w/ Halo 5. What a missed opportunity for MCC.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
No, it's meant to say "cost." Azure slices cost money.
Yeah, I have no idea, I was just being a facetious jerk, lol.

Welp, now I need popcap to add grinding to PvZ.

If you have an X1 and don't have Sunset, you need to take a look at your decision making!
My interest in video games has taken a nose dive lately, otherwise I would've bought it day one.

FatMarshall

Neo Member
If you aren't planning on selling the game later get digital you plebs
Unless a law comes into affect where Microsoft or any digital content provider is obligated to keep content available to all users no matter what circumstances arise, I will never go digital. What I mean is, I don't want to take a risk loosing hundreds of dollars of digital content for doing something miniscule such as changing my region to access specific games on my console (something Microsoft permanently banned a quite a few users for last year). It bothers me enough that I have so many digital codes from things such as DLC and preorder bonuses.

So basically, make me promise to let me access my digital content no matter what, even if I'm banned, and I'll go 100% digital. I have never sold a single physical game in my life, and have no reason to.

Try this (worked for me and others):

-Disable auto update and reboot from the system settings.
-Enable them again and shut down console completely (hold the power button for 5 seconds).
-Restart and go into power save mode (instant on).

Should load this way and I was at 78% in like 5 minutes.
Did nothing for me.
Hrmmm...is there anything fundamentally different with the Forge when you pick Halo 2,3 or 4?
Forge in 3 and 4 is exactly as it was in those games.

Tawpgun

i like actually owning my stuff though

Unless a law comes into affect where Microsoft or any digital content provider is obligated to keep content available to all users no matter what circumstances arise, I will never go digital. What I mean is, I don't want to take a risk loosing hundreds of dollars of digital content for doing something miniscule such as changing my region to access specific games on my console (something Microsoft permanently banned a quite a few users for last year). It bothers me enough that I have so many digital codes from things such as DLC and preorder bonuses.

So basically, make me promise to let me access my digital content no matter what, even if I'm banned, and I'll go 100% digital. I have never sold a single physical game in my life, and have no reason to.
Suffer the concequences then!

Man, Halo is an amazing online shooter, what could make it even better? What single thing could make Halo go from amazing to perfection?

A custom games browser (dedicated servers).

Make it happen 343 w/ Halo 5. What a missed opportunity for MCC.
Oh, you mean a way to play what I want, when I want, without having to tediously set up Custom Games on forums or worry about being forced to play on settings the devs create?

It's the elephant in the room for the Halo franchise.

Raide

Oh god I hope I can turn off that beep noise in Forge lol. Also, clear that damn HUD up! Don't need the Guilty Spark looking HUD.

For the love of baby jesus............. CAN SOMEONE WITH TMCC test how many shots to kill is the H2A Magnum??

Also, it's pretty badass how the Silenced SMG has a scope even though it can be dual wielded. It would be cool if you could scope with the H2A MAGNUM THAT NO ONE HAS FOOTAGE OF, but I won't hold my breath.

Sordid

The red sword looks pretty low res in the Team Beyond stream, is it like that in game or is it the stream?

Edit:
EnY4QG8.jpg

Looks like a texture out of Doom haha, I hope it's just the stream!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Right... But it's a pretty substantial part of the package to have turned off for reviewers.

So besides playing to see a rank ... They'd have a poor experience when trying to match games ...

There's no gain for reviewers pre launch

Top Bottom