• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Watching a stream, the game crashes. Seen it in other streams, and the streamer claims this is not the first time it has happened to him.

I'm assuming he is patched since he has the multiplayer.

This isn't good...

Grab the pitchforks!!! One person's Xbox keeps crashing!!

y95xI6I.jpg

I'm in this club too.

Until Monday that is :).

Freeser

It would be awesome if one of the old tall tales about spawning the golden warthog in multiplayer on headlong actually worked in MCC.

FyreWulff

Weird.

Why would the sword be unique but not the others?

It would let them hook damage/other changes into them later while having them visually distinct so people know they act differently.

I'm assuming these new weapons have the same balance hooks the others do, being derived from the H4 engine and all

Try this (worked for me and others):

-Disable auto update and reboot from the system settings.
-Enable them again and shut down console completely (hold the power button for 5 seconds).
-Restart and go into power save mode (instant on).

Should load this way and I was at 78% in like 5 minutes.
This didn't work for me.

jem0208

I think the patch is downloading
I'm in bed on my phone and the Internet has slowed to a crawl, I'm pretty sure that's a good sign. Then again it could just be my Internet. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it had slowed down to a few kb/s for no actual reason...

Is there a reason why mods are doing nothing in the chat on the beyond stream? It was so nice to have some actual conversation going on but then the obvious trolls are just stirring up pointless debate about destiny & ps4 etc etc

CliQ

Not to excited about the "hit beep" in CE but I will take what I get. I've been waiting 10 years to play Halo: CE on live and in a few short days it shall be.

MouldyK

When you start an online match of Mario Kart 8, you get an option to either go play with the original 32 courses or with all 40 courses (the original 32 plus the eight DLC tracks). Likewise, when you create a tournament, you can select 32 or 40 courses, but you can also select to only play the DLC levels.

Of course, if you make a 40 course tournament, everyone that wants to join will need the DLC.

So don’t worry, you’ll never get kicked out of a match because someone else doesn’t have the DLC.

Nintendo learning on their first go? Nice that you can select to only look for people with all the DLC. Think this could be done to Halo's playlists or would it segregate them more?

Dunno how it will be when we get the 2nd piece though in May though...

Paying for map packs and not having any toggles to play what we want in 2014 in a franchise/series/shooter with the popularity of Halo is nothing short of disappointing.

MouldyK

Paying for map packs and not having any toggles to play what we want in 2014 in a franchise/series/shooter with the popularity of Halo is nothing short of disappointing.

Exactly. Correct me if i'm wrong, but don't Halo's DLC playlists ONLY include the DLC maps? That limits what you can play in that playlist to only like 3-6 maps.

Tawpgun

Exactly. Correct me if i'm wrong, but don't Halo's DLC playlists ONLY include the DLC maps? That limits what you can play in that playlist to only like 3-6 maps.
If halo wants to innovate on the console FPS space then for the love of god no more paid Dlc maps that fracture user base and make it so the people who paid for them never see them outside of a specific playlist.

They need a better revenue model, such as paying for skins, armor, emblems, nameplates etc etc. maybe even paying for a custom dedicated server.

Woorloog

Banned
Whoah, does Halo 2 Anniversary MP Energy Sword finally have rounded bottom edges?
I've hated the sharp corners/points near the bottom the sword has in Halo 3 and later quite a lot.

What about the campaign version?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If halo wants to innovate on the console FPS space then for the love of god no more paid Dlc maps that fracture user base and make it so the people who paid for them never see them outside of a specific playlist.

They need a better revenue model, such as paying for skins, armor, emblems, nameplates etc etc. maybe even paying for a custom dedicated server.
Yeah, the current model is really holding Halo back. Something needs to change. My two favorite ideas are implementing a custom games browser and/or turning Halo MP into a stand alone evergreen, persistent model similar to Team Fortress 2.

Me too, I have to say I was really hoping for player/party toggles of maps and gametypes with bare bones playlists. The insane value of this game hasn't diminished for me because of them missing but toggles appear to be long overdue for Halo. I would have thought MCC was the perfect opportunity.

Toggles provide player choices, reduce quitters (like a lot IMO), create closer game outcomes (more effective ranks anyone?), reduce developer/sustain resources required and empower players while creating faster matches and easy dynamic voting to boot.

I just don't understand how toggles keep getting left on the cutting room floor? Is it a technical framework thing with the Halo engine or just development decisions to always stick with matchmaking verbatim? Who knows...

I would very happily hand over $5-$25 per month for dedicated local Azure servers whenever I or friends of mine fire up customs in MCC or any future Halo game.

Top Bottom