• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Small complaint- the Forge maps utilize the same texture pallet for the natural structures and seemingly the buildings also, so the same color pallet with different skyboxes.

Impala26

'Next Gen' filter has been around since Halo 3, hasn't it?

No, only Standard, Gauss and Civilian.

I specifically recall a Bungie dev demo-ing Forge (can't recall H3 or Reach though) saying "...and here we have the Gears of Wa... I mean... 'Next Gen' filter."

So yeah, definitely been around, but still hilarious.

RoKKeR

Man the legacy menu music... so good.

Is it weird that I just have this stream audio playing in the background while working? Also are people playing matchmaking now?

Edit: Yes the next gen filter has been around since Halo 3.

"This show is so bad I'm buying a PS4."

Oh man, I have to dig up pages to see this, I guess I gotta way till all the chapters are out or wait the youtube version from machimina prime.

As far as I'm concerned, the MCC package is greatest game deal in the history of video games (at least as far as consoles are concerned), surpasing even Valve's fantastic Orange Box. Am I blinded a bit by 343i due to nostalgia factor? You bet your sweet ass I am... and I couldn't really care less. For God's sake, we get to play Halo 2 on Live once again and Halo CE for the first time on Live EVER! That alone will make me overlook all but the most GLARING of mistakes and omissions here.

The aspects I've seen most consistently complained about here are:

Halo CE has Halo PC textures (oh noes my teleporters!)
FoV (mostly regarding splitscreen)
Armor Sets versus individual pieces
H2A multi in general

The first two are downright nit-picks of the n-th degree. The third isn't ideal but I frankly don't really care because it's purely cosmetics. And the last one... well, if you don't like it, don't play it I guess. 343 seems to be tweaking the H2 sandbox with elements from H3 and H4 so I think that's the best of all worlds personally. I really think this package will go a long way to establish to 343i what the fans enjoy the most by what games, playlists, maps, and gametypes they choose and vote on. Hopefully set a benchmark for Halo 5, but at the worst, everyone will have the Halo game they enjoy the most to play until the end of the Xbox One's life and hopefully longer.

(salt rant over)

Halo 5 dead

Golden/Civilian Hog!

spcgcl6.png

There also seem to be special variations of the Pistol, Shotgun and Sword that were made for Zombies, but I have no clue what they look like.
6lMyDmn.jpg

dwells

Golden/Civilian Hog!

spcgcl6.png

There also seem to be special variations of the Pistol, Shotgun and Sword that were made for Zombies, but I have no clue what they look like.

I'll be damned, it exists after all this time. I remember all the gullible twelve year olds running endless Headlong lobbies claiming they were going to find the Golden Warthog. "Yeah, if we crouch here, shoot there, and then jump here in this pattern it'll spawn, I know it's true because my friend's cousin's classmate's pastor heard about it in a lobby!"

I'll be damned, it exists after all this time. I remember all the gullible twelve year olds running endless Headlong lobbies claiming they were going to find the Golden Warthog. "Yeah, if we crouch here, shoot there, and then jump here in this pattern it'll spawn, I know it's true because my friend's cousin's classmate's pastor heard about it in a lobby!"
I remember that. So many claims from people stating that it spawns if you do some sort of superbounce here or there. Neat of them to have actually included it.

BraXzy

Decisions decisions. Do I keep my limited edition physical preorder with steel case and map book (since I like limited stuff and physical copies). Or do I scrap that and just buy digitally so I can forever hop on the entire Halo quadrilogy at a button press..

Madness

One of the biggest problems with killcams, is that not only does it take away from the after death action, but also half of these, someone else is getting kill, but someone else registered the kill. So you just see a guy firing at him, and some random grenade kills him in the huge scrum and you only see the grenade guys screen. Just confusing.

Impala26

So to recap what's in H2A multi...

• Interactive Map Elements
  • Assault Rifle
  • Suppressed SMG (with scope)
  • Gungoose
  • Hornet
  • Heretic Banshee
  • "Golden" Civilian Warthog
  • "Skinned" weapon variants

mother-of-god.gif

Civilian hog....

Or Destruction Derby hog.

And to maintain the theme here...

2a0630041c0511e28159123138178971_6.jpg

Madness

Skyline sandbox looks pretty amazing! Would have loved just a ground level forge set amongst the dark skyscrapers and lights

Skyline sandbox looks pretty amazing! Would have loved just a ground level forge set amongst the dark skyscrapers and lights
How does it look? I just saw Nebula and the objects look identical to Awash, which is disappointing, I was hoping for more space themed textures.

Mix

Okay, so this is a thing...

It's the same image from the UK wraparound from twitter, but anyways, these Spartans look like the members of
blue team
from escalations. On top of that, the spartan on the far left has a BR without a scope, the center has a sniper rifle, and the one on the far right has a new weapon I've never seen before, it looks a lot like the weapon from the cover of Ghosts of Onyx, though.

It's the same image from the UK wraparound from twitter, but anyways, these Spartans look like the members of
blue team
from escalations. On top of that, the spartan on the far left has a BR without a scope, the center has a sniper rifle, and the one on the far right has a new weapon I've never seen before, it looks a lot like the weapon from the cover of Ghosts of Onyx, though.

Its a human carbine from GoO. At least that's what it looks like.

Obscured

This feels like the future right now, playing SO and having this twitch stream snapped. I was falling into the rabbit hole of watching people try to get something going with MCC and not doing anything fun myself and then remembered I can just snap it until something interesting happens.

I also keep expecting them to grind or bounce. Running around Destiny last night I wanted to vault up the light poles in Old Russia. First Titanfall spoiled me with movement and now SO has done it again.

Can't believe I'll be playing this again in a few days.

Watching the chat on these streams demonstrates exactly why everyone has gone to party chat.

RoKKeR

blue team
Very interesting...

Guess we'll know more sooner or later. BR without a scope is interesting

Top Bottom