• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Any pictures of the Flood from singleplayer?

I miss the gloomy sky. Anniversary has a totally different atmosphere.

Ty2hM2h.jpg

Yeah, thats always something that bums me out about the remasters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q7TLC2DK8w

New infected spartan model loks 1000x better than H4's one. Simplicity>

I wanna see that thing in motion.

But yeah, this is awesome. It actually looks like the Flood.

Fuchsdh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q7TLC2DK8w

New infected spartan model looks 1000x better than H4's one. Simplicity>

I dunno. I really liked the claw on the Halo 4 Flood, and how parts of them popped out of the armor (whereas here the armor is pretty much fine except up top like they just squeezed him.) Still, it looks far more like "classic Flood" than H4's incarnation, and the infection form is there, so that's cool.

My biggest issue with Halo 2A's Forge is the lack of grass. I mean sure you have a nice texture but... eh. I guess they'd need to revamp what Forge is completely to add details like that.

Dammit. Do you have any examples of this or anything?

Eh, grass would be awesome... but at least you can still just merge in trees and fake some of it like Forge Island.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Has the 20gb update rolled out yet? I have yet to get a prompt saying mcc needs and update. How would check to see if it auto updated?

Ampoc

Neo Member
Strangest thing just happened. I booted up Halo 4 to check on a forge map after not playing the game since June of 2013. Right as Halo 4 logged into my account, I got a system notification that 16 achievements unlocked.

The achievements that unlocked are from DLC map packs and I have definitely not met the criteria for them. I'll take the free gamerscore.... just thought it was strange. Anybody else experienced this?

I did, I started up my Halo 4 yesterday night and I immediately got so many achievements that added up to like 730 gamerscore. Didn't check if I had the achievements or not, just ignored it and played.

nillapuddin

Science complete.

It is zero zero. Don't worry.

Yessssssssssss, awesome, thanks man

Forge Remakes Thread is up and ready to go over on Waypoint. Bring on dat MCC Forge!

might as well kick back and let nilla do everything

Haha, you flatter me JD, we both know I can't do everything
this week

edit: in all seriousness though, bookmarked!

Cant wait to contribute, I hope some of you gaffers get into the remake game again, Im always willing to help build out or polish!

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Nothing changed. They added precision editing to Halo 4's Forge though.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/bulletins/the-halo-bulletin-your-journey-begins
Thanks!!

Wow, after reading that this was a misleading hype/hope. Is Halo ce even going to be ranked?

This is quite a let down that only one playlist is ranked... I dont understand how the skill based matchmaking still works for the others behind the scenes, but the ranks arent turned on yet??

Flip the damn switch.

Moa

Thanks!!

Wow, after reading that this was a misleading hype/hope. Is Halo ce even going to be ranked?

This is quite a let down that only one playlist is ranked... I dont understand how the skill based matchmaking still works for the others behind the scenes, but the ranks arent turned on yet??

Flip the damn switch.

I believe the plan is to eventually rank a majority of the playlists, CE included.

So one thing I discovered last night...played some Halo 4...(it's been a while)

Didn't hate it. :/

I did forget Sprint existed until about half way through the game though.

This might already have been asked and answered but is shield damage bleed through in H2A MP?

Also any word if Halo 1's netcode is ported over from the PC or is it actually reworked?

I would check on the gaming side but that review thread is just.... :/

Moa

This might already have been asked and answered but is shield damage bleed through in H2A MP?

Also any word if Halo 1's netcode is ported over from the PC or is it actually reworked?

I would check on the gaming side but that review thread is just.... :/

I could test it out to get a solid answer later on, but I believe it's there.

No idea on the netcode.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
So tired of reviewers thinking modern games and games of today, must include sprint and aim down the sights... Please... /facepalm

willow ve

Still can't figure out why there isn't a MCC bundle. Even if it's just a Microsoft Store fake bundle. They can't be expecting the Halo fans to double dip and buy a new Halo branded console next year for Halo 5 - anyone that really wants Halo games is going to already own an Xbox One for the MCC.

Makes no sense to me.

JonCha

I get why people are angry but I think if ranks for all playlists are rolled out within a month that's fine. I imagine the Halo 5 beta will have very similar system in place.

Gandie

MCC using impulse triggers is the best news of the day. Gonna disable them for MP, but they feel so nice in FH2 and SSOD.

Fuchsdh

MCC using impulse triggers is the best news of the day. Gonna disable them for MP, but they feel so nice in FH2 and SSOD.

Haven't really gotten used to them. In SO they seem to pulse when there are enemies in front of you, but it feels kind of awkward.

singhr1

We get some H5 info today according to one post here if I remember correctly?

Monday Night during pre-launch livestream I thought?

Fans all over the world are invited to join the festivities via a live broadcast on Xbox Live, Xbox.com and Twitch, beginning at 8 p.m. PT. Tune in to the HaloFest Livestream to see:

•First look at Halo 5: Guardians. Fans will have a chance to experience the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta before its release on Dec. 29. An exhibition match between eSports pros will provide a first glimpse at the future of Halo multiplayer gameplay.

danwarb

Right before I got the update, I did the system update that was available. I don't know if that helped at all.

Haven't really gotten used to them. In SO they seem to pulse when there are enemies in front of you, but it feels kind of awkward.

They provided enough feedback for me to be able to turn off all breaking/traction assistance in Forza 5 and stay on the track.

Gandie

No, they pulse whenever you fire a weapon and what's the most useful is that the triggers warn you of incoming obstacles (bombs, acid,..) on the rail you're grinding on.

JoeDanny

Here's a quote from a recent review, Metro.co.uk, which gave Halo: MCC a 8/10.

So essentially, they're critiquing the exact opposite elements of what Halo fans have been complaining about since Halo: Reach. Halo 4 was supposed to be that "modernized Halo", yet look how that turned out. Now that's a Halo game that got dull "after a few hours." I wish reviewers would somewhat acknowledge this, especially since this is a remaster and not a brand new Halo game.

"And while the multiplayer options are as bountiful as the rest of the package, it’s a bit of a shock to find out that you can’t actually run in any of the games except Halo 4."

Never going to that website again.

uwdanman

Neo Member
Out of curiosity, what exactly was 'wrong' with the PC version of Halo 1? I never played it much myself outside of the demo, how come some people are disappointed by it being the one they used for the MCC?

Soon™

On Tuesday

And if its not
Tuesday
there will be a lot of mad people. I really don't see how it will go smoothly when you've got half or likely more of pre-order customers and every physical copy owner going to download a 20gb (or 15 w/e gb) patch after midnight or throughout the day on 11/11 all trying to download at once.

Out of curiosity, what exactly was 'wrong' with the PC version of Halo 1? I never played it much myself outside of the demo, how come some people are disappointed by it being the one they used for the MCC?

Personally its just the godawful netcode. Worked fine in my office Lan plays. Absolutely garbage over the internet.

Edit Just realized that post is like 5 pages old. D'oh.

uwdanman

Neo Member
Thinking about it further too, 343 is making a blunder for the newer player base by not including ranks day 1. So what you have is tens of thousands of hard core players picking the game up as soon as possible and looking to rank up. They would theoretically rank up and out of playing newer players. Newer players would then be pared with similarly skilled individuals. Instead we'll have a cluster of skill ranges playing each other only to alienate a new player base when they get slaughtered.

Who knows, maybe that hidden skill rank will take care of it. Wish we had more information on that.

Top Bottom