• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

TEAM HARDCORE
A collection of tournament-approved game types from Halo 2 and Halo 3. The Battle Rifle is your primary weapon. 4v4.

Game Types: H2 Hardcore Team Slayer, H2 Hardcore Team Ball, H2 Hardcore CTF MidWar, H2 Hardcore Assault, H2 Hardcore CTF Sanctuary

Maps: Lockout, Midship, Sanctuary, Warlock, Beaver Creek

Does anyone else see something wrong here...

klodeckel

Banned
Kinda odd they mention H3, but....

"The Team Hardcore playlist will launch only with Halo 2 Classic tournament-approved game types. Behind the scenes, we’re working to integrate Halo 3’s custom map variant files into the playlist, and they aren’t quite ready just yet. As custom map layouts are extremely important to this playlist and community, we’ll be adding the Halo 3 game types into the list when they can be fully integrated, tested, and brought in."
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/matchmaking-playlist-lineup-update

FyreWulff

Drifting weapon spawns:

In Halo 1 Xbox, the game ran in lockstep. So each Xbox ran it's own timer and spawned weapons back on it's own. So they never drift since the weapon spawns will never be more than 1 frame apart on each box. Each Xbox has the same processor and clock so they can depend on that.

In Halo 1 PC, the host has to sync the power up spawns. So it requests each client to spawn a powerup in the spot. This takes a bit of time. Then the client that picks up the powerup has to tell the server they picked up the powerup, which will delay the timer being restarted a bit. Clients in a session could either be in 30fps or 60fps and all have different quality clocks (in addition to the host), and you have to do time correction (much more server when catering to dialup).

Delayed respawning:

In Halo 1, clients request a spawn location and tell the server/other boxes where they are going to spawn. On Xbox this was instant due to being in lockstep, so you don't notice it.

In Halo PC, you have to ask the server, the server checks to see the space is open, then tells the client it's okay to spawn, then the client spawns. Due to latency, it takes a bit to spawn in.

In Halo 2, 3, Reach and 4, the HOST controls your spawn, and tells you where you're going to spawn, so respawning is a lot faster, and also why you can be shot at before you're fully spawned in on your box because the animation hasn't finished. The host basically knows where it's going to respawn you before you even die.

The exception to this is Invasion in Reach. Since you could choose your spawn, the host had to wait to see what spawn you wanted, check to see if there was enough space and safe area to do so, then spawned you. This is why in Invasion it was always better to stay on your original spawn or choose your spawn as soon as possible and NOT toggle between spawns, because each time you toggle the safety checks were re-done, and that's why you'd be stuck at "Respawning in 0.." for a moment

Booshka

similar to CliQ ill post this list once in a while if there is actual interest and will update it regularly
either post or PM me to add you guys

CE Love List
What is it for?
As there is no dedicated CE playlist on launch we team up to force win the map elections in 4v4, 8v8 or FFA playlist in CEs favour
as we target to get full teams going, our election win is pretty much guaranteed
this is also a great way to get in contact with other CE fans for potential Customs and stuff

Participants:

beamimpact
FUNKNOWN iXi

Learn to love Twitch chat and streaming for setting up customs, etc. Or just full on blitz MM with players that are all going to vote for CE.

Nightfall looks great. Can't wait to watch it.

Watching the stream and melee's look off a bit. I've seen a couple what should be assassinations not register, and front melee's not lunge.

Edit: Also this championship series would be alot more interesting of there were more maps. Why not include H2 and H3? Are they going to do this in the future?

Madness

Just an FYI, the Xbox One stereo headset is on sale for $39 at Dell, can price match at best buy or wherever you want. They're obviously not as good as some 7.1 or surround headphones, but they're really decent quality stereo, and can let you hear game audio and chat. With customs seeming to be a regular thing, it'd be nice if people were mic'd up. They're normally like $60, so $39 is a great price.

Welfare

similar to CliQ ill post this list once in a while if there is actual interest and will update it regularly

CE Love List
What is it for?
As there is no dedicated CE playlist on launch we team up to force win the map elections in 4v4, 8v8 or FFA playlist in CEs favour
as we target to get full teams going, our election win is pretty much guaranteed
this is also a great way to get in contact with other CE fans for potential Customs and stuff

Participants:

beamimpact
FUNKNOWN iXi

Yo.

Welfare Queen I

Ramirez

Just an FYI, the Xbox One stereo headset is on sale for $39 at Dell, can price match at best buy or wherever you want. They're obviously not as good as some 7.1 or surround headphones, but they're really decent quality stereo, and can let you hear game audio and chat. With customs seeming to be a regular thing, it'd be nice if people were mic'd up. They're normally like $60, so $39 is a great price.

I bought the adapter tonight, despite it getting terrible reviews from a lot of people in the user section. Hope it works ok with my A40s, otherwise it's Kinect mic!

ElRenoRaven

I bought the adapter tonight, despite it getting terrible reviews from a lot of people in the user section. Hope it works ok with my A40s, otherwise it's Kinect mic!

I use the adapter and use my Sony Branded PS3 wireless headset. It works great with it too. Don't see why it wouldn't work with other headsets as long as you can plug them into it.

Madness

I'll let you know how the adapter works with some regular quality headphones I have Ram as well.

Here is the link for others though. Would be smart to price match locally if you can.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A7605127

As the adapter comes with these, if you factor in adapter price, this is not bad for the headphones. I think the armed forces camo ones are for $49 if you want those.

Alright here's the big question for me: should I get the Xbox One Stereo Headset, or the adapter for my x12s?

I picked up the X1 Stereo headset a week ago; it's my first full-blown gaming headset, and I gotta say, I like it a lot. I got it for 36 bucks, though, so it might not be worth the full price to someone with a more discriminating ear.

I picked up the X1 Stereo headset a week ago; it's my first full-blown gaming headset, and I gotta say, I like it a lot. I got it for 36 bucks, though, so it might not be worth the full price to someone with a more discriminating ear.

Assuming the x12's work with it I'd go adapter.

Thanks for the input guys. I love my x12 set, so I think I'm just going to go the adapter route.

Madness

Alright here's the big question for me: should I get the Xbox One Stereo Headset, or the adapter for my x12s?

If you use the link, it's what an extra $14 over the adapter? Not bad for an extra headset. Can try and flip it or keep it as a spare. Ideally, I'd have lived 7.1 wireless top of the line ones, but can't beat like $37 for them.

CE Love List
What is it for?

Participants:

beamimpact
FUNKNOWN iXi

GT: Class A Ninja. I have invested too much to get Halo 1 again on a console to turn back now. Looking forward to ruining people's day with our votes.

list is growing, already 5 people
ive sent everyone of you a buddy request

CE Love List
What is it for?

Participants:

beamimpact
FUNKNOWN iXi
Welfare Queen I
NeedlerFanPudge
Class A Ninja

If you use the link, it's what an extra $14 over the adapter? Not bad for an extra headset. Can try and flip it or keep it as a spare. Ideally, I'd have lived 7.1 wireless top of the line ones, but can't beat like $37 for them.

The issue is I haven't been about to use my x12's without an adapter. Does the Stereo Headset have an adapter separate from the headset? Cause that IS really appealing...

Evening friends.

Have MCC installing right now. How do I download the patch? Is it done automatically or do I have to download something manually?

Hit me back, just to chat, sincerely yours, your biggest fan, This is Enter the 36 Chambers.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hit me back, just to chat, sincerely yours, your biggest fan, This is Enter the 36 Chambers.
Whoa, haven't heard that song in forever. And yup, the patch should download automatically, but a lot of people have been reporting issues. It might not download the patch right away, and in a worst case scenario you'll have to start the whole download over again.

Using the Xbox version as a base would never work. You'd have button input lag and could only ever have 4 unique boxes in any match, because it ran off lockstep networking.

They can probably get Halo 1 MCC closer, but there's just some stuff that can't happen due to needing to work over the internet in a sane way.
Ah thanks for this but how hard would it to be to patch it back to the original weapon spawns and placement time etc?

Whoa, haven't heard that song in forever. And yup, the patch should download automatically, but a lot of people have been reporting issues. It might not download the patch right away, and in a worst case scenario you'll have to start the whole download over again.
Awesome I'll cross my fingers so.

I specifically remember you mentioning problems when not leaving the console on the whole time, so at least I'm prepared for that.

Thanks kittens!

Once you let the disc install and you try to boot the game, it'll ask you to apply the first .

Hmm I'm using the digital store or whatever to download it. No discs. Unless by disc you actually mean the digital version?

m23

Evening friends.

Have MCC installing right now. How do I download the patch? Is it done automatically or do I have to download something manually?

Once you let the disc install and you try to boot the game, it'll ask you to apply the update.

Madness

The issue is I haven't been about to use my x12's without an adapter. Does the Stereo Headset have an adapter separate from the headset? Cause that IS really appealing...

Yeah it's the headset, and the adapter. So you're looking at about $14 more and you get a decent pair of stereo headphones to use, maybe sell if you don't want them, keep them as spare etc.

Awesome I'll cross my fingers so.

I specifically remember you mentioning problems when not leaving the console on the whole time, so at least I'm prepared for that.

Thanks kittens!

Hmm I'm using the digital store or whatever to download it. No discs. Unless by disc you actually mean the digital version?

In that case, it'll only be the preload, which is even more confusing. Just leave that sucker running!

Yeah it's the headset, and the adapter. So you're looking at about $14 more and you get a decent pair of stereo headphones to use, maybe sell if you don't want them, keep them as spare etc.

That changes things! I'll have to pick it up then. Thanks!

FyreWulff

Ah thanks for this but how hard would it to be to patch it back to the original weapon spawns and placement time etc?

Spawning is just going to be a different engine due to different networking.

Much like how in Halo 2 Classic, you're still going to be able to clone Swords if the host leaves a game and you're holding the sword, but Halo 2 Anniversary won't because they added weapon spawn sanity checks in Halo 3 onwards.

They could reduce drifting by upping the tick rate of the server, it would still slowly drift over really long games but it would be less noticeable.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
FYI, Amazon won't price match the phones from Dell.com. Grumble grumble grumble.

Best Buy will though right?

CliQ

CE Love List
What is it for?

Participants:

beamimpact
FUNKNOWN iXi

If FUNKNOWN is in count me in. GT - xCliQuEx

Do we know if proximity chat is still in?

Not enough bandwidth

attachment.php

Top Bottom