• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

belushy

Banned
Am I the only one who saw an overgrown midship?

Do we have screen grabs for that?

I didn't get any screen grabs, but I went back through the vidoc that showed it and slow downed the video. It isn't really Midship, but it has that curved aesthetic along with being overgrown. I can't really tell what the layout of the map is based on the video, though.

Madness

Please fix this game. We had people take off work today to run customs of Halo 2 and Halo 3, and yet none of us are able to find matches or even join parties. It's glitchy as hell, half can't join, no matches etc.

RSB

Banned
So nerfing a player's visual awareness is a design choice to cater to the majority of shooter players, who now expect their screens to be filled up with a gun when they shoot.

Halo players that prefer the clean, simple Scope for zoom and the benefits it affords to long range engagements, just have to deal with it.

I really hope this is not the case come Fall next year.
Exactly.

If they don't offer at least the option to use the classic scope, then I won't even bother to buy the final game. If they want to have ADS style scope as default (to cater to the CoD crowd) while also having the classic scope as an option, then I could kind of accept it. But being forced to have half my screen obstructed by the weapon when using zoom? LOL. No thanks.

Classic scope FTW.

Fuchsdh

Yeah, hopefully. We all asked for a toggle to turn off the white text in Halo 4. The reply we got was "you won't even notice it after 3 games"

Hopefully they have the dev time to put toggles on items. If they can then it can be turned off via gametypes and not require a title update. So we could get the flag text CAPTURE and DEFEND removed from matchmaking in a flip of a switch and not a large code changing download.

Well from what we've seen this time around the medals and text are dropped so they're less obtrusive, so that's a lessened issue this time around.

Dopus

Banned
Is it me or is the reticule in H5 in the center vs. being slightly off center like the other Halo's?:

if so thank gowad

Yes, you're right.

Ru8x9Sn.jpg

tried to play campaign, got "untracked build, will not upload" and had to hard reset the game.

Lovely package

remember all those hard freezes and shit the game had at conventions and hand-waving "uh concept build we'll fix that when it goes gold"

fix my black ass man

Ein Bear

Did they do a better job at aligning the Halo 2 Anniversary graphics with the original geometry this time around?

Am still working my way through CE, but had forgotten how frustrating Anniversary mode could be with things not synching up right. Stuff like the 'head' on an enemy not lining up with where the original model has it, or shots being blocked by invisible bits of trees that only pop into existence when you switch to classic mode.

Grunts in turrets are a particularly bad example of this. The anniversary graphics have them sat completely differently in them.

You guys got into my match but the game crapped out so hard lol

Wait nevermind it wasn't brb, I was in your game.

Ah yeah. Man, that's one weird bug.

Did they do a better job at aligning the Halo 2 Anniversary graphics with the original geometry this time around?

Am still working my way through CE, but had forgotten how frustrating Anniversary mode could be with things not synching up right. Stuff like the 'head' on an enemy not lining up with where the original model has it, or shots being blocked by invisible bits of trees that only pop into existence when you switch to classic mode.

Grunts in turrets are a particularly bad example of this. The anniversary graphics have them sat completely differently in them.

Definitely better than CEA.

Impala26

Not sure if this is posted, yet.

Bottom right of screen. Says the gametype is called "Strongholds." Shows the red team has two points, and the blue team has one point. So Territories, basically?

That would be the best guess. I actually played the shit out of Dominion in Halo 4 so I love this sort of gametype. Really hoping 343 does something fun and unique for BTB.

And for the love of GOD, PLEASE bring Elite models and possibly Invasion back!

MouldyK

Well, my custom game that Poodle, Ice and others were in just crashed.

+ Astounding aesthetic, AI, presentation, especially when played are running into the walls.
+ Unbeatable sound design, which has the button select noise going through all of your match.
+ Impeccably paced campaign, which also allows you to pace yourself while you wait to find a game.
+ Endless, balanced multiplayer in which the game breaks for all.
+ Still-unmatched social multiplayer options like having an Active Roster which is bugged.

Halo's old games are in new hands, but guess what? 343’s Xbox One debut effort out-Bungies Bungie's Destiny server problems. Halo The Master Chief Collection is a triumph.

9.8/10.

That would be the best guess. I actually played the shit out of Dominion in Halo 4 so I love this sort of gametype. Really hoping 343 does something fun and unique for BTB.

And for the love of GOD, PLEASE bring Elite models and possibly Invasion back!

Invasion 4 lyfe!

Dominion was... I really wanted to like it, but the extra stuff just didn't feel at all well integrated. I like the idea of automated defenses and vehicle spawns as a reward for holding capture points, but it just didn't come together. Maybe it was the maps, IDK.

Impala26

I'm sure this has been covered a ton, but any tricks to get MM to work? Certain playlists working better?

Hmm... maybe try waxing your Xbox with some headlight fluid?

Invasion 4 lyfe!

Dominion was... I really wanted to like it, but the extra stuff just didn't feel at all well integrated. I like the idea of automated defenses and vehicle spawns as a reward for holding capture points, but it just didn't come together. Maybe it was the maps, IDK.

Seriously. Even Invasion Slayer was half-decent.

The automated turrets and holding capture point rewards brought back major nostalgia for games like Star Wars Battlefront for me, so maybe that's why I liked it so much. Or maybe it was because it wasn't nearly the random fiesta frag-fest that was Infinity Slayer or Big Team Infinity Slayer.

Obscured

Finally got in a match, wow I am really out of practice. Felt good despite the rust though.

I'll be on for a bit.

GT: Mouroutaru

Looks like it almost has found me another. I don't know if it matters but I had is spinning on searches and nothing, then did a reboot and seems to be better, may just be coincedence though.

Top Bottom