• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

FyreWulff

Thank God Fyre's here!

Pretend this is an episode of CSI and you are Gil Grissom. Halo: MCC's matchmaking is a dead stripper you just found while out jogging. Explain what is going on here to me as if I'm the dumb cop asking questions about why bugs on the body are important.

Dead body found in top mid with 16 sniper rifle bullet holes in it. Spent BR casings near Keyhole.

The shots on the audio ring out in the morse code of "Let It Be", a song by the Beatles, and what we've found here are bugs. John was the leader of the Beatles, and John 117 is the leader of humanity.

Looks like our perp..

*glasses*

just got a new record.

YEAAAAAAAAAAA*untracked build, not uploading*

It sucks for people that took off work for this. I know if I would have been home this week I would have been right there with you. I just hope its functional by Friday.

On the plus side we are getting so much halo info this week I can't keep up. Halo 5 beta looks decent. I can't wait to try it out.

Madness

After hearing about this botched launch I don't feel so bad for not being able to play the game lmao

I'm sorry, as a huge Halo fan, and someone who went out and bought a console for this one game, I'm massively frustrated right now. Will classify this as perhaps the most broken game I've played at launch. Never before have I had this much trouble just getting simple things working. Heck, even naming my loadouts for Halo 4 was broken earlier. Haven't tried since. Achievements aren't working, matchmaking is barely working, party system and rosters are glitchy or not functioning properly.

And now it seems anyone can boot anyone in games by just highlighting their name and clicking boot.

Dead body found in top mid with 16 sniper rifle bullet holes in it. Spent BR casings near Keyhole.

The shots on the audio ring out in the morse code of "Let It Be", a song by the Beatles, and what we've found here are bugs. John was the leader of the Beatles, and John 117 is the leader of humanity.

Looks like our perp..

*glasses*

just got a new record.

A-plus.map

But for real, what the hell is going on here? Totally borked version of the game or something wrong on the dedi's side? Is it plugged in?

RowdyReverb

Yeah I'll wait a couple days then its refund time. So lame.

It's incredibly obvious this shouldn't have passed cert.

At least the games themselves play very well. It's just everything around them that's buggy. It makes it even more frustrating, like trying to drink a delicious milkshake through a very thin straw that keep clogging on bits of ice. It's frustrating and irritating, but you just can't stop trying to get that sweetness. At least that's how my day has been.

Yeah I'll wait a couple days then its refund time. So lame.

It's incredibly obvious this shouldn't have passed cert.

I bought digital but will be doing the same. Maybe they should have just done H2A, I don't know. Seeing where their attention is and the fact that they can't get a launch right. Halo 4 was a wreck at launch.

Most of these games aren't even made by them, such a disgrace.

Fracas

#fuckonami
At least the games themselves play very well. It's just everything around them that's buggy. It makes it even more frustrating, like trying to drink a delicious milkshake through a very thin straw that keep clogging on bits of ice. It's frustrating and irritating, but you just can't stop trying to get that sweetness. At least that's how my day has been.

Do they?

I get a ton of framerate drops. Crashes and lockups are common too.

Zoolader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhA1kGWsHnM

This video makes me very happy.

Sorry, but it looks like a great evolution of Halo while still "looking" like Halo.

Guy barely touched sprint or smart-scope.

Here's hoping they nerf thrusters though.

Warning, it's in spanish.

Also, here's an amazing AMA from Lethul (BtH captain?) on Team Beyond about Halo 5:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.p...-more-qna-youve-got-questions-i-have-answers/

Has me seriously hyped. Definitely some things to tweak and balance, like he said, but I think #weback

once MCC works for you guys, been working fine for me doe <3

That guy talks as faster than Speedy Gonzalez! The video quality wasn't too good but I made a gif of that pistol in action, looks beefy.

yxz5De.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Talking about refunds and it hasn't even been 24 hours. Yall are nuts.

RowdyReverb

MP is working solid for me now. Been playing game after game for an hour now.

Really? I sat in matchmaking for 20 min waiting to get in one last game before bed. Maybe server centers are getting updated at different times. I just hope it's smooth by the time the weekend comes around so I can binge.

Do they?

I get a ton of framerate drops. Crashes and lockups are common too.

YMMV I guess. I played campaign for most of my day off today since matchmaking was so slow and I didn't have any crashes or lockups. I played half of H2A and 1-2 levels of the other games with only one issue where Resume didn't take me to where I actually left off. Did notice the dropped frames on H4 though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
And we all know they'll just buy it again when these problems are inevitably fixed.

They had fucking better be fixed.
Hell yeah they had better be. I'm annoyed now, but if it's even 10% this bad in a month then I'll start really complaining.

Random17

If matchmaking isn't fixed by the weekend I can see the long term population of the game not returning. Which would make finding games in playlists even harder.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Looks like our perp..

*glasses*

just got a new record.

ENHANCE

Btw, anyone recommend a gaf super bro who wants MCC right now, has an Xbone, isn't a racist and could use a code?

Stinkles

Looks like our perp..

*glasses*

just got a new record.

ENHANCE

Btw, anyone recommend a gaf super bro who wants MCC right now, has an Xbone, isn't a racist and could use a code?

Also, basically nobody is going to bed until things get fixed/better/enhanced

It SUUUUUUUUCKS and I am personally mortified. But stuff is already on the way, from band aids to morphine drips.

Seems to have been getting gradually better as the day wore on. Probably be fine by the end of the week at the latest. Like I've said, not too concerned. This is kiddy problems compared to the Sword of the Stars 2 launch :p

Stinkles

Seems to have been getting gradually better as the day wore on. Probably be fine by the end of the week at the latest. Like I've said, not too concerned. This is kiddy problems compared to the Sword of the Stars 2 launch :p

Still straight up unacceptable. And fixes and improvements will be happening non stop. But some stuff will take a lot of dismantling and reassembling. I'm personally getting inti games, and if you're not, try H2 classic. See if you have better luck there. For reasons.

Fuchsdh

Has someone called dibs on the next Halo |OT|? Gonna' need it sooner rather than later...

and I've gotten into all the games I tried today... but achievements stopped working. So steps forward and back :|

darthbob

I'm sorry, as a huge Halo fan, and someone who went out and bought a console for this one game, I'm massively frustrated right now. Will classify this as perhaps the most broken game I've played at launch. Never before have I had this much trouble just getting simple things working. Heck, even naming my loadouts for Halo 4 was broken earlier. Haven't tried since. Achievements aren't working, matchmaking is barely working, party system and rosters are glitchy or not functioning properly.

And now it seems anyone can boot anyone in games by just highlighting their name and clicking boot.

I can definitely understand the sentiment, and I wasn't trying to make light of the issues, just trying to cheer myself up at the lack of Xbone + MCC.

Thankfully it sounds like 343i is aware of the issues and will work on getting this crud fixed soon.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
ENHANCE

It SUUUUUUUUCKS and I am personally mortified. But stuff is already on the way, from band aids to morphine drips.

<3

Seeing how unfinished matchmaking is now makes me wonder how rough Halo: CE's matchmaking was that they decided to delay its playlist.

Here's 4 or 5 mates all from Melbourne and living quite close to each other playing CE...backsmack does nothing, a connecting melee does nothing (near the end of the clip). The hit detection on this netcode is poor at best. I really enjoy playing CE, and other titles, but it's not running that great TBH.

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=... A2Z&vid=8e377f47-da64-4574-8640-42a722f14fa7

Still straight up unacceptable. And fixes and improvements will be happening non stop. But some stuff will take a lot of dismantling and reassembling. I'm personally getting inti games, and if you're not, try H2 classic. See if you have better luck there. For reasons.

Glad to hear you agree it's unacceptable. I just wasted an entire vacation day from work for nothing.

Fracas

#fuckonami
ENHANCE

Glad to see you in here. And yeah it does really suck, lol. At least y'all are working on it.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

Been getting nothing since AU launch. I've only been able to manage some custom matches here and there. Zero matchmaking.

Well, I'm glad to hear you guys are taking it seriously, even if I'm not :p

Obscured

I had the best luck with H2 Anniversary and H2 Classic earlier, then standard Team Slayer started going working as well.

wehavetopmenworkingonitrightnow.gif (how has that not popped up yet?)

About to attempt it some more. When it lets me in, it is fabulous, I just have to be patient and seem to have to really work at it. Basically it's a relationship.

If I get a customs invite, I'd do that as well.

GT: Mouroutaru

Pop

ENHANCE

I'll take MCC but I don't have a X1. I really miss halo, should have gotten a system months ago, hopefully by the end of this month.

Top Bottom