• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ryn

Banned
I wonder how they are going to handle the Spartan Chatter for forge maps? Will you be able to set callout areas now?

I thought Reverb's post was a joke...

...searching...

...it wasn't.

Edit: any idea why the bone would start MCC, make a horrible sound like it was running a family of turtles through a blender, lockup, then restart?

Nowise10

Since Launch, whenever I try to watch Halo Nightfall from the Halo Channel, it just loads up the Halo 2 Documentary instead.

Anyone have a solution?

Madness

I just don't understand why it's all broken like this. What happened between the time the reviewers got the game and the time it went into the wild? I've spent almost 25 mins+ searching for a game of H2A now.

Onikaan

I just don't understand why it's all broken like this. What happened between the time the reviewers got the game and the time it went into the wild? I've spent almost 25 mins+ searching for a game of H2A now.

Matchmaking completely died about an hour ago, Mad.

I was getting games most of the day but all's quiet now.

Lazslo

Somehow after an hour of Searching just played Team Br's on Zanzibar and it was so fun. I guess every once in awhile a game happens. Good luck!

This kind of reminds me of the Halo 3 Beta disaster, except we can actually get a game here and there. But I remember taking off work for that and being so mad. 343 will figure it out, I actually feel bad for those guys, no one could see this happening, it's just the "tough shit" law. Good luck 343, I'm sure some dudes there haven't been sleeping much.

Onikaan

Somehow after an hour of Searching just played Team Br's on Zanzibar and it was so fun. I guess every once in awhile a game happens. Good luck!

When it works, it's just great. We also had a blast in custom games. One flag on Headlong Classic Halo 2. I was giddy the whole time.

Really hope it starts running well very soon.

Madness

Well, those cinematics sure are amazing!

Based Michael wincott and Keith David

Blur is godlike

I can tell I'm going to like Locke based on the first episode of Nightfall but damn Colter is pretty bad in terms of voice over. "That's not the official job title", "Not so much hunting A Spartan as I am THE Spartan". Maybe he'll get better as the games and stuff go on. Keith David is as good as he's ever been.

On a related note, what did people think of Nightfall?

-Ryn

Banned
I can tell I'm going to like Locke based on the first episode of Nightfall but damn Colter is pretty bad in terms of voice over. "That's not the official job title", "Not so much hunting A Spartan as I am THE Spartan". Maybe he'll get better as the games and stuff go on. Keith David is as good as he's ever been.

Well it irked me that nobody was wearing helmets and some of it was fairly cheesy, I actually found it to be prettty good. Not great but I am interested to see where things go.

In regards to voice acting, having Colter talking to Keith David just emphasizes the vast difference in experience. Or ability?

KiboSenshi

Neo Member
So far it seems like the same quality as forward unto dawn, especially in regards to CGI. I like it and I'm excited to see where the story goes. I hope Locke's character gets fleshed out a lot.
Well it irked me that nobody was wearing helmets and some of it was fairly cheesy
It did seem to have some of that cheesy cable Syfy feel to it, huh?

Ramirez

Playing campaign instead of MP? No.

cQOGM2S.gif

Madness

Well it irked me that nobody was wearing helmets and some of it was fairly cheesy, I actually found it to be prettty good. Not great but I am interested to see where things go.

In regards to voice acting, having Colter talking to Keith David just emphasizes the vast difference in experience. Or ability?

Helmets is just one thing that won't translate well in terms of viewing so I can understand that. I just didn't like the use of the Halo 4 elite and the CGI used for him. Just slowly lumbering around, etc.

Some of the characters are pretty irritating, but I think Locke will come out of this as the star sort of like Lasky. Will definitely watch, Kiki and Colter said in their Halofest interviews it really ramps up in the next 4 parts.

So far it seems like the same quality as forward unto dawn, especially in regards to CGI. I like it and I'm excited to see where the story goes. I hope Locke's character gets fleshed out a lot.

It did seem to have some of that cheesy cable Syfy feel to it, huh?

I read the Waypoint entry for Locke for some backstory, and it's actually really damn good.
After being orphaned, he felt that the UNSC could have done more to save them and others from the Covenant. So he becomes his own hitman/bounty hunter until ONI take him aside and tell him "we can make you better".
The goal, now, is to successfully get that across in the games/series, instead of requiring people to read everything to get the full story *cough*Halo 4*cough*

Random17

I read the Waypoint entry for Locke for some backstory, and it's actually really damn good.
After being orphaned, he felt that the UNSC could have done more to save them and others from the Covenant. So he becomes his own hitman/bounty hunter until ONI take him aside and tell him "we can make you better".
The goal, now, is to successfully get that across in the games/series, instead of requiring people to read everything to get the full story *cough*Halo 4*cough*

Yup, that's the primary problem with Halo 4's story, IMO. It wasn't communicated to the non-EU fans.

Yup, that's the primary problem with Halo 4's story, IMO. It wasn't communicated to the non-EU fans.

Even as a EU fan, it's disappointing, cause I'd love for everyone to get all the backstory (it's actually pretty awesome!) but the main points should ALWAYS be in the games. And I guess the series, since it's available to all the game players.

Sigh.

This is the one thing weighing Twitch down right now.

Those pendulums she calls breasts?

I have no issue bashing on her, btw in case that's a thought in someone's head. She knows what she's doing. Her cam shot is aimed in that way and she has a damn Amazon wishlist in her bio. The whole thing is just gross.

Random17

Even as a EU fan, it's disappointing, cause I'd love for everyone to get all the backstory (it's actually pretty awesome!) but the main points should ALWAYS be in the games. And I guess the series, since it's available to all the game players.

Yup, I agree completely.
This is why Halo 2 is da best.

Bsigg12

I got the game last Friday and matchmaking didn't go up until later that day and even then it barely worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom