• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

versa7il

We need to go deeper.

dBvS4Te.jpg

via this guy

Same thing happened to me.
irNJUD4.jpg

-Ryn

Banned
So far it seems like the same quality as forward unto dawn, especially in regards to CGI. I like it and I'm excited to see where the story goes. I hope Locke's character gets fleshed out a lot.

It did seem to have some of that cheesy cable Syfy feel to it, huh?
It did. As it went on I think it got better. It was mostly just the moments at the beginning when they were trying to be all "tactical" and "serious" that were almost comedic for me.

Nice avatar

Helmets is just one thing that won't translate well in terms of viewing so I can understand that. I just didn't like the use of the Halo 4 elite and the CGI used for him. Just slowly lumbering around, etc.

Some of the characters are pretty irritating, but I think Locke will come out of this as the star sort of like Lasky. Will definitely watch, Kiki and Colter said in their Halofest interviews it really ramps up in the next 4 parts.
Locke certainly seems like he has some potential as a character. Helmetless combat aside he seems reasonable, intelligent, and competent. So basically everything Palmer isn't. The Elite looked really weird yeah. It was off putting how it moved and the fact that it got through such a crowded area to the third floor was kinda dumb.

I do look forward to seeing what the next chapters put out though. Especially if it's going to ramp up. Wonder if that tentacle thing was the flood or a "new" threat?

Is that a real picture? Any context?
Real pic
Real games
All Halo

Blueblur1

I still can't believe this whole mess with MCC happened. I never fathomed that Microsoft and 343 would push a Halo game out the door in this condition. And its not just MM; there are so many issues having to do with crashes and bugs that people keep reporting. Its really put me off the game and has discouraged me from playing even campaign. I'm also a stickler for the details and am super unhappy about the missing game components and customization features. It seems that we're better off playing the original games if we still want the authentic experience (except for Halo 1 & 2 MP which we have no good alternatives for). And that's really disappointing considering how great everything sounded (and how nice the UI looked) leading up to launch. The only thing that's made me keep my copy is the fact that I really want to play the H5 beta.

(H2A is a whole other disappointment. It doesn't feel complete nor polished. Its missing sound effects and has odd new sound effects, bad model art, & floaty controls. It feels like something made by a B-team or worse.)

Ramirez

I still can't believe this whole mess with MCC happened. I never fathomed that Microsoft and 343 would push a Halo game out the door in this condition. And its not just MM; there are so many issues having to do with crashes and bugs that people keep reporting. Its really put me off the game and has discouraged me from playing even campaign. I'm also a stickler for the details and am super unhappy about the missing game components and customization features. It seems that we're better off playing the original games if we still want the authentic experience (except for Halo 1 & 2 MP which we have no good alternatives for). And that's really disappointing considering how great everything sounded (and how nice the UI looked) leading up to launch. The only thing that's made me keep my copy is the fact that I really want to play the H5 beta.

(H2A is a whole other disappointment. It doesn't feel complete nor polished. Its missing sound effects and has odd new sound effects, bad model art, & floaty controls. It feels like something made by a B-team or worse.)

Dat 30 FPS authentic experience.

There's no going back now.

Madness

When it works, it'll be one of the best things I've ever played. The Halo 3 campaign at 1080p/60fps was amazing, as was the level of Halo 2 Anniversary I played.

They need to fix this shit though, it's getting bad going on almost 48 hours of launch with little to no matchmaking at all. I've had 4 matches total, of which only 1 was finished to completion. And every single one was lopsided.

ultimota

knowing how much this launch hurts us as fans i can't imagine how all the devs must be feeling :( so much hard work undone in 3 days they must all be absolutely gutted

Blueblur1

This will probably sound odd but I prefer those games at 30 fps. It seems to me that all of the animation was done with a lower frame rate in mind; whenever I see the games running at 60 (or near 60) they look odd to me.

Grexeno

knowing how much this launch hurts us as fans i can't imagine how all the devs must be feeling :( so much hard work undone in 3 days they must all be absolutely gutted
I'm positive that they saw this coming no matter what they may say publicly.

-Ryn

Banned
It certainly sucks.
However I wouldn't say that all that hardwork has been undone so much as just unraveled a bit. This is a major collection and 343 seem to be working really hard to fix it up. I'm sure things will recover.

There's no way they didn't know man.... No way
There's actually a very major way. It's called scale.
They probably were aware of some of the bugs but not to this degree.

Blueblur1

It sucks to be them right now. And if this persists, MM issues and all of the bugs, they will never hear the end of it (and rightly so). Whomever made the decision to push this game for this fall made the wrong call. I hope this debacle and AC: Unity get these publishers to rethink rushing incomplete games to market. Now more than ever gamers should be holding back their money and waiting for the retail release to be scrutinized.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
knowing how much this launch hurts us as fans
I'm not hurt at all, lol. I'm honestly not even bothered. This'll be awesome once it's up and working smoothly. I wish that was now, but oh well. I definitely agree that 343 folks must be feeling the weight of this big time, though.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Blueblur, you always seem to be an emotional wreck.

Calm down man.

I'm not hurt at all, lol. I'm honestly not even bothered. This'll be awesome once it's up and working smoothly. I wish that was now, but oh well. I definitely agree that 343 folks must be feeling the weight of this big time, though.

This is me right now. Chilling and loving that I have all Halo's on my new Xbox.

Karl2177

It sucks to be them right now. And if this persists, MM issues and all of the bugs, they will never hear the end of it (and rightly so). Whomever made the decision to push this game for this fall made the wrong call. I hope this debacle and AC: Unity get these publishers to rethink rushing incomplete games to market. Now more than ever gamers should be holding back their money and waiting for the retail release to be scrutinized.

Like they care? Whoever preordered the games gave them free money essentially.

Ramirez

This will probably sound odd but I prefer those games at 30 fps. It seems to me that all of the animation was done with a lower frame rate in mind; whenever I see the games running at 60 (or near 60) they look odd to me.

I couldn't disagree more, but whatever.

Blueblur1

You're just super unhappy man.

Be happy.

Because I'm complaining about the broken game? Am I not allowed to? This is really the first time I've taken a few minutes to post about it. The rest of the time I'm busy with work, school and on twitter in spurts.

Like they care? Whoever preordered the games gave them free money essentially.

Ehhh, I don't like thinking that way. I know folks tend to be really pessimistic nowadays but I'd like to think that when sales numbers and bad press affect your company, you would do a 180 and do your best to ensure it never happens again. That would include listening to the game director the next time he says "we need more time".

ultimota

meant hurts in the sense that i have this amazing package sitting on my xbox that i can't fully play. its like playing a demo and knowing how awesome the full game will be but its not quite there yet :p

-Ryn

Banned
Thanks for getting my back Ryn.

And 60fps Halo is like sweet sex to my eyes. PCMasterRace is right. That shit is gorgeous.
No problem breh

I don't know why but when I see things moving at 60 fps it feels like it's moving in slow motion. That's the best way I can describe it really. Though I do get used to it after a while. It looks gorgeous don't get me wrong and I look forward to more of it but something about it feels... weird.

Ehhh, I don't like thinking that way. I know folks tend to be really pessimistic nowadays but I'd like to think that when sales numbers and bad press affect your company, you would do a 180 and do your best to ensure it never happens again. That would include listening to the game director the next time he says "we need more time".
Kinda reminds me of how Microsoft originally tried to push online only for the Xbox One across the board and we pushed that shit right back in. Consumers can make a difference (though in that case nobody had actually bought anything yet I suppose). Even if you (not specifically you Blue) think companies are just soulless money eating machines though, they will care about their reputation. Bad rep can kill sales.

Obscured

I guess the one benefit of having MM not working is that I watched the beginning of Nightfall. I'd echo some of the same sentiment as others. I think it'll be some fun sci-fi. It was a decent job setting everything up. The delivery of the bomb was a bit silly, I think there are ways they could have done it better, but it is what it is.

I wished they either wore their helmets or less of the armor, if they were supposed to be covert then they should have been more so.

MM better yet?

Madness

Yeah I'm slowly losing out on hope this will be fixed this week. Just sad, almost a whole year of buildup, two years of people not really playing any Halo, all those leaks, excitement, watching all those PAX, E3 Gamescom, reveals, all those tournaments, and it's all gone down the drain with this launch. People are looking for refunds, people who took time off work have to make up for it now, they're going back to other games again, just completely killed all the momentum.

Hardcore fans like us will definitely be aware and keep playing, but they're losing out on new fans, casuals, people who were excited to try all 4 for the first time. Just sad.

This game really is a mess. My friend and I were in MM, somehow it ended up making a match with us as a 1v1. It then put us into two different loading screens. Mine crashed, his put him in a match... by himself, and it wasn't ending. Trying to quit said he would be penalized, and pausing the game would pause the actual match. Wtf? :lol

I think since the game has come out I have only been in 4 or 5 MM games.

Hell, MM isn't the only issue. Sometimes I can't even join someones 'lobby'. Did they ship unfinished code somehow? This is crazy.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Yeah this sucks. Took us 10 minutes to get all three of us into one party and now we're just staring at the MP matchmaking screen and have been for 15 min.

It worked better for me last night.

Sucks for 343, but what the hell happened? Did their entire server farm over at MS explode and create a black hole?

Do you think 343 tries to get the halo 5 beta out earlier and keep it out longer now just to get people to load up MCC again? If these problems last through the weekend there will be a lot of people who never come back in again without some sort of incentive.

This game really is a mess. My friend and I were in MM, somehow it ended up making a match with us as a 1v1. It then put us into two different loading screens. Mine crashed, his put him in a match... by himself, and it wasn't ending. Trying to quit said he would be penalized, and pausing the game would pause the actual match. Wtf? :lol

I think since the game has come out I have only been in 4 or 5 MM games.

Hell, MM isn't the only issue. Sometimes I can't even join someones 'lobby'. Did they ship unfinished code somehow? This is crazy.

I was trying to join you and kittens party for a good 15 minutes today. Roster just straight up didn't work, said I was in party with your guys when that was clearly not the case.

I've never played a game this straight up nonfunctional before. Like...this is really crazy to me how botched this whole thing is.

Granadier

Looks like they are fixing it up right now based on Waypoint, Xbox, and Halo twitters.

TheXbox

Do you think 343 tries to get the halo 5 beta out earlier and keep it out longer now just to get people to load up MCC again? If these problems last through the weekend there will be a lot of people who never come back in again without some sort of incentive.
I think they genuinely want to get feedback on it because 4 kinda blew up in their faces. Halo 5 is the only game population they really care about, if MCC remains barren then it only reassures them that Halo needs to be taken in a new direction. I mean, packing in the beta with the MCC was certainly a sales incentive, but the fact that the beta is this early and not sometime in May tells me they give a shit.

Granadier

but not others

im level 1 but there's a 7 in the game im playing now

soooo

confused ( i was level 3 about 3 minutes ago)

Sweet, it's working.

I can't find these tweets. Is it not from @xbox or @halo?

Halo's twitter said an hour ago they were waiting on Live to come back up to roll out a patch.
Xbox Live said it is up but experiencing some issues.
Waypoint said there is a Live issue causing the slow times, not their end. link

-Ryn

Banned
So Halo is pretty cool.

I agree completely.

row row fight the powah
VVYvPV4.gif
Do the impossible.
Beat the unbeatable.

Kick reason to the curb and do the IMPOSSIBLE!! That's the way Team Gurren rolls!!!

I think they genuinely want to get feedback on it because 4 kinda blew up in their faces. Halo 5 is the only game population they really care about, if MCC remains barren then it only reassures them that Halo needs to be taken in a new direction. I mean, packing in the beta with the MCC was certainly a sales incentive, but the fact that the beta is this early and not sometime in May tells me they give a shit.
Do you really think they are stupid enough to think the population in MCC might tank because of a need for a new direction in Halo or that they only give a shit about the Halo 5 population? C'mon dude. This is getting ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom