• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
People getting refunds. smh

YH4EFjD.gif

MouldyK

Its online is also pretty shit, although it does an amazing job of making you think it's smooth as hell.

Lol, I know it ain't 1080p and not smooth online.

Also, Mario Kart also had connection problems for the first week, so even Nintendo can't cope with Online Demands. Hell, I expect Nintendo to fuck up tomorrow's DLC launch anyway, like the playlist breaking or something.

Xbox Support: 343 blocking refunds for Halo: MCC

Well, guess we are stuck with it now. Not that it bothers me.

Granadier

Refunds make a lot of sense for people like me (though I haven't decided to do it yet) who can dump the bone and the game then score both and 30 bucks of gift card in a few weeks with that Walmart deal for less than what the bone alone costs right now.

What would they miss out on? Maybe a couple weeks of functioning MCC? Seems like a reasonable thing to do.

Obscured

You need to lead your target in Halo CE, so a headshot will typically result from the trailing edge of the reticle leading a player. The amount will depend on how far away they are and the amount of latency in the game. I'm still not entirely sure if the game is dropping a ton of shots or if I'm just not leading enough in high-latency games.

I've suggested positioning the bottom line of the Reticule through the middle, or lower-middle portion of their head. This is where I get the most success at headshots, Head in the center of the Reticule can lead to some chest and shoulder shots being registered. That bottom line of the reticule curving along their mouth usually gives me consistent dome shots. It's like painting a Smile on their face, except they aren't happy about it.

Adjust accordingly for leading shots of course.

Thanks, I'm trying to git gud(so maybe some here will consider letting me play with them), so anything constructive helps. I knew about leading and even how it can change based on latency, but wasn't sure what I should consider a baseline reticule position.

is it fixed yet

No :(

Had a game of One Flag BR's on there. Shit was gud.

Although it's funny when folks forget some of the basics, like securing Rockets at the start of the game.

Halfway through a match of beaver creek I went to check if rockets were still there (I'm used to backing up teammates so they can grab them) because I hadn't heard any fired yet and sure enough there they were, just hanging out. I need to remember where BRs are on all the maps. Luckily I've had plenty of luck with BR starts when applicable.

MK8 is not 1080p.

Well, Halo does have pretty slow movement.

No, the 30fps versions don't particularly feel faster.

Yes, I've played all the rest, just never stuck at to me as much. I never want to melee because it seems like it would take me a lifetime to run over to anyone. I'm much older now than when I first started playing, I would have thought with my slowing brain and reflexes it would have seemed faster not slower. I attribute it to whiskey consumption.

Granadier

Refunds make a lot of sense for people like me (though I haven't decided to do it yet) who can dump the bone and the game then score both and 30 bucks of gift card in a few weeks with that Walmart deal for less than what the bone alone costs right now.

What would they miss out on? Maybe a couple weeks of functioning MCC? Seems like a reasonable thing to do.

That's a completely different motive though. I was referring to the people that are ready to drop the franchise one day in.

Oh, that's shit tier launch then.
I have well over 100 hours in that game (got Premium for free) and there are still loads of issues.

To answer your question, at least the MCC's base game works. The main issue is the server load, which is external and will be resolved ASAP. AssCreed Unity is inherently broken.

Lazslo

It really sucks the game is so broken but every once in awhile I get to play classic Halo 2 and that feeling totally carries me over the other 20-30 mins of trying to get into a new game. It's so sad but I'm happy, I really missed this game.

willow ve

All this talk about 20-30 minute wait times between matches reminds me of that other paragon of Halo Matchmaking. Halo: Reach Arena.

"Just like you remember it"

MouldyK

YH4EFjD.gif

That gives me a plan!

How about we:
- Take Granadier's car
- Drive over to Ramirez's
- We go in, take care of Stinkles, then grab Ramirez.
- Grab Fracas
- Go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over?

That gives me a plan!

How about we:
- Take Granadier's car
- Grab Fracas
- Go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over?

That gun's not even loaded.

Granadier

That gives me a plan!

How about we:
- Take Granadier's car
- Grab Fracas

I'm down.

Dub117

Has anyone noticed saving a game in heroic and then when you start there again it is on legendary and you have to lose progress and start over to put it back on heroic? H2a only

Rtas

Laslo is trying to host but after 3 invites I'm losing hope I've accepted the invites twice each even hit join in progress but still stuck waiting at the main menu

-Ryn

Banned
Sucks to hear there are so many problems at launch. At least 343 seem too be working in overdrive to get it fixed.

Can't believe some of the stuff people have said though. smh

What am I missing? I'm not trying to be a jerk or antagonistic, but this video is not impressive to me. I just got done playing Halo 2 classic, Anniversary, Halo 3, and Halo 1 last night in customs and this Halo 5 gameplay doesn't look that exciting.

The new midship looks sexy, that's all I can glean from it.

I'm concerned about the assault rifle balance. In some ways it would be good if your starting weapon isn't crap (smg starts...*shudder*), but a spray weapon shouldn't have that much range IMO in Halo. Halo is about precision aiming and timing, not "hold down RT FTW."
As long as it's difficult to use then I don't see the problem with the AR. I thought it looked great.
Having the AR actually pack a punch and be useful again is going to be awesome. I don't get why people think it's a bad thing that a close to mid range weapon actually excels at close to mid range even though it's not a precision weapon. From what we've seen and heard, a skilled hand with a BR can still beat an AR user at mid range. If you take an AR user on at close range though you should in fact be at a disadvantage and prepare to get shred to pieces.

New OT is good, and it's a Plywood OT.

We back.

Wall of Shame from the last OT:
I gotta step up my game.
Also how do you view the wall of shame on desktop? Can't find it anywhere.

No saidance.gif on the front page? halogafisdad.jpg

Damn, I didn't make wall of shame

I bring dishonor to my keep.

This will make up for it, candid shot of me "playing" MCC at about 7 AM this morning. Credit to my girlfriend on her way to work.

Jokes on her, when I did wake up I just kept forgoing right where I left off til I left for work
SHAMELESS!

Working on some sweet maps?

This... what?

clav

Only like 6 weeks until Halo 5 beta guys, then we might actually get to play some MM on even teams alright!

So MCC is just a Halo 5 beta with just some alpha network code in Halo legacy games.

What a collection.

pls fix nao

edit: It's now 5 PM Pacific. Status?

Lol, I know it ain't 1080p and not smooth online.

Also, Mario Kart also had connection problems for the first week, so even Nintendo can't cope with Online Demands. Hell, I expect Nintendo to fuck up tomorrow's DLC launch anyway, like the playlist breaking or something.

Xbox Support: 343 blocking refunds for Halo: MCC

Well, guess we are stuck with it now. Not that it bothers me.

Because its my thread and made it here it looks like Xbox support is either making things up or whatever. I won't go into it more here other than Frankie as usual was more than helpful and I updated the OP with everything. That's all I'll say about it here.

MouldyK

Because its my thread and made it here it looks like Xbox support is either making things up or whatever. I won't go into it more here other than Frankie as usual was more than helpful and I updated the OP with everything. That's all I'll say about it here.

Nice to see you got your refund. We'll wake you...when we need you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom