• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

antigoon

I felt something was wrong because I was doing pretty good against you lol.

I'm not having any luck in Team Halo 2 Anni :\

well it was that and also you guys seemed far more coordinated in teamshooting us! but yeah you destroyed me. I'm really curious to see how halo CE feels with dedicated servers.

After about 15 minutes of struggling with Halo attempting to connect us to unknown sessions, we finally made it into matchmaking.
Only to sit there for 10 more minutes and not find a game.

Bed time now, hopefully some better luck tomorrow =[.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
just got a game on team slayer

chill out on CE

got our butts kicks but w/e

surprising that everyone voted for it lol

I got into a team slayer pretty easily, was actually the first time I tried matchmaking, though it had bad lag the whole game. Also, Halo 3 looking sharp in 1080, I'm excited to play Avalanche in BTB.

Nowise10

Just tried Matchmaking, and found a Halo 3 team slayer match in 30 seconds. Both teams were actually balanced too. Zero lag also.

TCKaos

I agree completely.

row row fight the powah
VVYvPV4.gif

Ours are the drills that will pierce the heavens and through to tomorrow.

Is this game playable yet?

I'm having fun despite the kinks, I haven't tested matchmaking that much, but when they do fix it this is going to be an amazing amount of fun.

wwm0nkey

Getting matched with scrubs on my team. Who the fuck uses dual SMGs on Lockout in a BR match!?

Need to rank up soon so I can escape this level 1 nightmare.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Getting matched with scrubs on my team. Who the fuck uses dual SMGs on Lockout in a BR match!?

Need to rank up soon so I can escape this level 1 nightmare.

you will never escape the level 1

its the wild west

dual smgs all day erryday

Madness

6v6 multi bomb assault on Bloodline. Was a shit show, but super fun. Speed boost is actually a great pickup addition here. Truly felt like this is what Halo 4 should have been. Zero lag either.

Booshka

Halo CE would be perfect with better spawns but I still love you regardless.

4v4 Objective and 2v2 Slayer have better spawns.

3v3 is also a bit more manageable for Halo CE as well, and it works pretty well balance wise too, since each individual player has so much playmaking ability. You can have one player lone wolf it more and stack powerups while the other two get him built with map control. CE is the only Halo I think that OS and Camo stack without ruining the other, so it's nice to essentially build a Juggernaut if you can with Rockets, Camo and OS.

4v4 Objective and 2v2 Slayer have better spawns.

3v3 is also a bit more manageable for Halo CE as well, and it works pretty well balance wise too, since each individual player has so much playmaking ability. You can have one player lone wolf it more and stack powerups while the other two get him built with map control. CE is the only Halo I think that OS and Camo stack without ruining the other, so it's nice to essentially build a Juggernaut if you can with Rockets, Camo and OS.

Just had a good 3v3 on Rat Race and the spawns were a lot better. My favorite death from a spawn was at damnation when I spawned right in front of an edge and fell off.

Caja 117

Actually, you may be on to something. If whatever netcode they cooked up for dedis really was just not working, they could have swapped over to p2p to buy them time to fix it.

I think is possible they are not using the dedis, as i noticed at the start of each game that ghe conection strenght bar appears to the right of every player for a split second, that wasnt there before. Might be nothing.

Yeah, I'm trying to understand why they felt they had to wait on a dedicated playlist when it seems to work fine there.

Every now and then it seems like the grenade's explode late and they're are some messed up weapon spawns.

BTW finally get matches quick I hope it keeps up.

Obscured

I think is possible they are not using the dedis, as i noticed at the start of each game that ghe conection strenght bar appears to the right of every player for a split second, that wasnt there before. Might be nothing.

Could be something there. I would usually see the connecting to dedicated server message when it was working for me last night, but haven't seen that tonight.

Oddity for the evening so far is being put in a halo 3 match by myself, 1v0, but it didn't end right away, it is going the full time. Gave me time to run around the pit again so I just stayed in it.

Mix and a few of us are playing right now if your interested!

If you still have room send me an invite.
GT: Mouroutaru

TheXbox

Do you really think they are stupid enough to think the population in MCC might tank because of a need for a new direction in Halo or that they only give a shit about the Halo 5 population? C'mon dude. This is getting ridiculous.
Kinda, and I don't think it's that stupid. I mean, they're old games. I'm not saying that anyone's forecasting the population will tank, but if it does, it might be indicative that retreading old territory isn't the best approach. I don't think or hope the population will drop off, but if after they fix the game is just dead then I think that's a logical assumption. Is that crazy?

RoKKeR

Things have been literally flawless since I got back on after playing Dragon Age about an hour or so. Custom Game parties, Matchmaking...

Hopefully a good sign.

Edit: NVM, just got dropped from party when trying to search MM.

darthbob

customs dont worry, I think the matchmaking one has no tanks

The MM variant shouldn't have the Banshee, Rocket 'Hog, Flammenwerfer, or the FRG either. Because let me tell you a thing, none of those are 'just how you remember it'.
unless im remembering all the batshit crazy modded servers in Halo PC

Kibbles

Finally into a BTB game on Halo 1. Medals don't really bother me, but the bloop bloop bloop sound is really annoying. Got my CronusMax to use a 360 controller, feels much better.

Ramirez

Me and Havok got like 6 games in a row earlier then it just died. I can't find shit by myself right now either, so disappointing. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom