• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoKKeR

Fuck man CE online is so damn good. CE lovers I am beginning to understand.

The pistol is the great equalizer.

If you cannot aim you cannot dong, simple as that.

iFirez

I reached some goals to unlock some achievements but they never unlocked, when I go to the achievements app (or snap it) it says "Done. Unlocking..." on like 4-5 achievements but they're not unlocked. I jumped into Halo 3 and unlocked some more achievements now everything is working again and it's fine.

Anyone else having this issue? Will these unlock in time or do I have to replay the levels again to get them to trigger to unlock?

Booshka

Fuck man CE online is so damn good. CE lovers I am beginning to understand.

The pistol is the great equalizer.

If you cannot aim you cannot dong, simple as that.

I hope more people see the light. It's not just the Three Shot Death Cannon, you have to be good and land your shots. You can come back in just about any fight, so long as you strafe and shoot well, no other Halo really has that.

IHaveIce

Banned
I reached some goals to unlock some achievements but they never unlocked, when I go to the achievements app (or snap it) it says "Done. Unlocking..." on like 4-5 achievements but they're not unlocked. I jumped into Halo 3 and unlocked some more achievements now everything is working again and it's fine.

Anyone else having this issue? Will these unlock in time or do I have to replay the levels again to get them to trigger to unlock?
This is a known issue on the xbox one, not tied to the game exclusively

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Good games Mix and co. I got wrecked, then dropped from party and lobby. gg

Mix

Thanks everyone for joining Customs tonight, started with a small group on Chill Out in CE and had 10 people at one point playing Halo 2. It was a ton of fun, more to come tomorrow night, probably start around 10 again.

#WeBack

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
just did some hang em high

came right down to the wire... 50-49

i dunno what it is in CE... but I can basically nail any spot on the map with a grenade

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
OP as holy fuck. I totally took the bait on spawn with the sword placement being directly in front of me. I ran for it forgetting that the train was such a beast and it took me out before the button could register.

Was funny seeing your body flail away with the sword in tow.

Such a tempting prize.

Xboxclips.com
Whoever made this site is the fucking person. It updates instantly.

Madness

Thanks everyone for joining Customs tonight, started with a small group on Chill Out in CE and had 10 people at one point playing Halo 2. It was a ton of fun, more to come tomorrow night, probably start around 10 again.

#WeBack

Mix plz, community is the on the edge right now. Whatever #WeBack hype there was has all been evaporated with this launch.

King Leo

Neo Member
Double shot isn't even the least bit practical anymore considering the increased rate of fire. BXR is still in full effect. \o/

-Ryn

Banned
There are still some issues... But I have gotten into more games in the past two hours then I have all of yesterday.
Slow as hell still, but I've now gotten as many matches in 20 minutes than I've gotten the past two days.
Well it's good to see that things are actually looking up right now

Kinda, and I don't think it's that stupid. I mean, they're old games. I'm not saying that anyone's forecasting the population will tank, but if it does, it might be indicative that retreading old territory isn't the best approach. I don't think or hope the population will drop off, but if after they fix the game is just dead then I think that's a logical assumption. Is that crazy?
If the population jumped way up after the servers were fixed but eventually petered out then I can see thinking it's because the Halo formula needs an update. However...

Halo 5 is the only game population they really care about, if MCC remains barren then it only reassures them that Halo needs to be taken in a new direction.
343 would be stupid to think this since the vast amount of bugs seem to be a pretty big problem, so of course a lot of people would leave depending on how long it takes to get them all fixed. I know you weren't saying that you want the population to tank or that it was going to eventually.

I was also pointing out that it's absurd to think they don't care about the MCC population even though they've shown so much to the contrary. They didn't have to go nearly as far as they have with the MCC. Just a year ago the very thought of a full collection ported over to the One with 60 FPS, 1080p, and a full revival of the multiplayer for each game was considered a pipe dream. However here we are with a kickass collection. Yeah it had a bad launch but it's apparent that 343 are on fire trying to get everything in working order.

Does this excuse all the issues with the game? No. It's totally justified to be upset. However some of the accusations people have been throwing around are just bullshit.

Such BLOPage

I hope they patch those out though.

Mix plz, community is the on the edge right now. Whatever #WeBack hype there was has all been evaporated with this launch.
I don't know man I think that the community needs it. The more news from happy people who have the game working the better.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Matchmaking is still totally broken for me. It was working better before today's patches. :-(

Madness

I don't know man I think that the community needs it. The more news from happy people who have the game working the better.

I'm disagree. There is nothing to be proud or happy about, the game is severely broken and most are reduced to the fringes of basic functionality to try and derive any fun.

There is nothing #WeBack about millions of players not being able to find matches two days from launch, various bugs and crashes. It's actually downright sad and infuriating that most can only run single player or have some customs. We don't need the illusion of everything is alright. The sad truth is, so many have already put down the game and started playing others in the meantime. Sugarcoating it won't solve anything.

I'm trying to be hopeful and I post when good things happen like matches being paired quicker though. Also, please stop the random mega quotes.

Obscured

Matchmaking is still totally broken for me. It was working better before today's patches. :-(

It comes and goes for me. I'll get into a few and then it will hang. Some games feel rock solid and then some I'm dead by magic grenades. Most have been pretty good though.

Edit: the most worrying thing about all of this is the inconsistency. Those are always tfe toughest bugs to track down and squash.

-Ryn

Banned
I'm disagree. There is nothing to be proud or happy about, the game is severely broken and most are reduced to the fringes of basic functionality to try and derive any fun.

There is nothing #WeBack about millions of players not being able to find matches two days from launch, various bugs and crashes. It's actually downright sad and infuriating that most can only run single player or have some customs. We don't need the illusion of everything is alright. The sad truth is, so many have already put down the game and started playing others in the meantime. Sugarcoating it won't solve anything.

I'm trying to be hopeful and I post when good things happen like matches being paired quicker though. Also, please stop the random mega quotes.
I can certainly see how it can also be disheartening. However there has just been so much salt lately and I think it's nice to see some who are having a good time. That's not sugarcoating it. Maybe #Weback is still a bit premature, but things do seem to be getting better. It's only been 2 days. It sucks but just give it some time.

As to the random mega quotes, I suppose I could just space out the replies. I do at all at once because I figure it's better to just get it out of the way.

Madness

I can certainly see how it can also be disheartening. However there has just been so much salt lately and I think it's nice to see some who are having a good time. That's not sugarcoating it. Maybe #Weback is still a bit premature, but things do seem to be getting better. It's only been 2 days. It sucks but just give it some time.

As to the random mega quotes, I suppose I could just space out the replies. I do at all at once because I figure it's better to just get it out of the way.

It's only 2 days means nothing. This has been unprecedented for me. Perhaps the worst game launch of all time for me. The salt is entirely justified. Positivity for the sake of positivity does nothing. We heard this game would have search times much better than ever before, instead, you can go hours without even getting a match. There is so much wrong with this game, from large problems to small things that went missed or unnoticed.

I don't know, maybe I'm just salty now because it seems to not be working again, haven't been able to get another match for over an hour. As for the mega quotes, actually don't change a thing. I don't know why I said that. I don't want to be one of those shitheads who polices threads like that, I apologize.

-Ryn

Banned
It's only 2 days means nothing. This has been unprecedented for me. Perhaps the worst game launch of all time for me. The salt is entirely justified. Positivity for the sake of positivity does nothing. We heard this game would have search times much better than ever before, instead, you can go hours without even getting a match. There is so much wrong with this game, from large problems to small things that went missed or unnoticed.

I don't know, maybe I'm just salty now because it seems to not be working again, haven't been able to get another match for over an hour. As for the mega quotes, actually don't change a thing. I don't know why I said that. I don't want to be one of those shitheads who polices threads like that, I apologize.
It's no problem dude. Thanks.

The salt is definitely justified and I hope it doesn't sound like I'm trying to invalidate it. Hell my perspective is probably skewed since I'm just kind of jealous you guys have the game. Though I suppose if it's not working properly that could be even more frustrating than not being able to play it...

Blegh. It's been a rollercoaster for the community as a whole with some major trips to the salt mines recently. Perhaps I'm just kind of grasping for anything positive at the moment. I just hope 343 gets this mess sorted out so everyone can have the good times they've been dreaming of. My condolences to you guys since it's been such a train wreck of a launch for you.

Omni

I've almost had this game, what, almost four days now? and I've only been able to find one multiplayer match. Period. And that was last night in Halo 3 with four other players.

Makes me severely reconsider pre-ordering or buying anything at release these days. You really can't trust anyone who gets their hands on games early, nonetheless publishers themselves.

King Leo

Neo Member
Honestly the H5 gameplay is growing on me after watching it over and over. However, I'll never like sprint - even if it's balanced. I just plain hate the mechanic in Halo games.

Omni

Oh wow, there's a "final four" playlist. Each of the final levels for each campaign

That looks like fun. Once I finish Halo 3 I'm gonna do that one I think

-Ryn

Banned
Honestly the H5 gameplay is growing on me after watching it over and over. However, I'll never like sprint - even if it's balanced. I just plain hate the mechanic in Halo games.
I am hyped! It was cool to see that you don't really need to sprint to do well either based off that spanish footage (even if I personally dig sprint). Though it will play into map traversal for jumps I'm sure. I can't wait to see some actual 1080p footage. All the footage we've seen so far has been weirdly blurry...

Oh wow, there's a "final four" playlist. Each of the final levels for each campaign

That looks like fun. Once I finish Halo 3 I'm gonna do that one I think
Dude go for it. Sounds like an awesome playlist.

-Ryn

Banned

Designer at Splash Damage, makers of Brink.
Never played Brink. Heard it wasn't very good.

Terminal is the best map confirmed

Sorry for bailing on the customs, have school early tomorrow but thanks for the invite to that game :)
tumblr_inline_n2ykbkCRAP1qlh4e5.gif

-Ryn

Banned
Check this video. Same stuff is in Halo 5.
Well that was interesting. Don't think I'd really like the game based off what I saw there.

Mostly a bunch of little annoyances like the bobbing gun, constant grunting, and the character designs are kinda weird. However after looking into it apparently the game is a class based shooter akin to Team Fortress 2 (which is a very good game). Unfortunately though it seems the silhouettes of every character seem to be fairly indistinguishable so that's kinda bad for a class based shooter. The unlock system looks kinda dumb as well.
Well that's unfortunate...

Brink had a lot of stuff in it then that we are seeing in shooters now. If Brink didn't have bad gunplay it would've been awesome.
Bad gunplay is definitely the nail in the coffin. Too bad.

Raide

Brink had a lot of stuff in it then that we are seeing in shooters now. If Brink didn't have bad gunplay it would've been awesome.

The early tech issues murdered it. I enjoyed the game but the server issues made it really hard to keep playing at times. By the time they fixed most things, the community was dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom